Home General Discussion
Options

Cigarfest 2016 Tix

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Looking for a ticket to the Saturday event.  VIH preferable, but I would take general admission.  First time in 3 years I couldn't get them.  Pre-registered, signed in, hit buy and it was sold out already.  Clock didn't even say 2:01 yet.  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang that was fast. I wonder if scalpers have stumbled onto this?
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I think the fix is now in on this event...... I've been present the last three years and have steadily seen ticket prices swell ..... Same situation as Pascoe .... Pre reg login hit buy all Saturday tickets sold out and it wasn't even a minute later ....... I think CI cut the total number of tickets they sold for the pre reg and will be having more auctions for tickets were they reach up to and often times over 400.00 first year the standard ticket was 125 now it's 165 VIH was 150 first year 165 last year and was 200 this year..... It's a great event but for 200 bucks I'm good now ..... Came up with a new strategy ..... Talking to my boys that have gone the last few years into heading down to Hamburg for a long weekend .... Using Airbnb to find a house for a few nights and using the 200 from the ticket price to buy some smokes at CI in Hamburg after spending some money at Cabelas. I saw last year first hand with tickets being sold on eBay for sometimes double if not more than double the face value..... Are the 80 sticks and crappy humidor worth it ..... Not for me I'll take 200 to spend on what I want rather than the 12-16 sticks that I like from the 80 ..... I still have loads of sticks from the last 3 years of CFest . These are just the rumblings of an aggravated man ..... Rant over.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with your rant @kingjk729  I live 20 minutes from SplitRock where the fest is held and don't even try to buy tickets anymore.  Great time, but crazy crowds and a lot of cheap cigars.  More about guys getting together to herf which you can set up better arrangements for.

I may head to CI Hamburg and Cabelas on Monday.  Off for presidents day, so looking to buy a new gun and some smokes.
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Same here, Had a fun time a few years ago, but switched over to Cigarnival. Too bad they aren't doing it anymore! Really like the free beer part. 
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing for me.  I went in 2010 and had a good time.  I had to get my ticket via auction and overpaid.

I now go to Smokin' in the Carolinas.
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    y2pascoe said:
    Looking for a ticket to the Saturday event.  VIH preferable, but I would take general admission.  First time in 3 years I couldn't get them.  Pre-registered, signed in, hit buy and it was sold out already.  Clock didn't even say 2:01 yet.  Thanks.
    My experience as well. Flea bags selling ticket on eBay at ridiculous prices moments after sale. Looking for tix for Saturday for anybody with extras.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad, really.

Why don't they make it a semi-annual or even quarterly thing? More sales, more people getting a chance at getting in/not scalped.

Sounds like a local B&M could start something similar but better if they were motivated. Get some better stix, with more opportunities for people to get in the door; win win. 

If Cigarfest is getting overblown, hopefully someone else will step up
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    it really is a good event, but as the time gets nearer people to return tickets.  People preregister for like 4 tickets, buy 4 and them.  I would call them and get put on a wait list.  I do hope we have a good showing from the CCOM group again.  Will try to organize an event for all of us again this year.  Hope to see everyone there!
  • Options
    I have 4 cigarnut tickets,  4 xxxl shirts and 4 hats for 4/30/16 selling at cost. 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure... nice first post. Let me guess, you ship first
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Lol, where are these people coming from?
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I have 4 cigarnut tickets,  4 xxxl shirts and 4 hats for 4/30/16 selling at cost. 

PM me your address. I will be right over to pay you in Euro Dollars which you can convert into American Currency.

• Options
    I take us dollars, im selling everything at retail
  • Options
    Not playing games here, I'm stuck working and i was everyone's ride. Looking to sell to a cigar fan
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mean to bust your bubble but it ain't gonna happen here. Try eBay or craigslist
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    I'm on there already
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I take us dollars, im selling everything at retail
    There's been the exact same package posted on eBay several times for $2000, then re-listed and sold as an auction which supposedly closed and sold at $1025. I bid on it but the rest of the bidders were all brand new to eBay and had 0 feedback. Despite "selling" for $1025 now it's relisted at $1500. So due to a lack of credibility I looked elsewhere for my tickets.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=17824&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=snoopy69bx16&_sop=13&_dmd=1&_ipg=200

http://www.ebay.com/sch/snoopy69bx16/m.html?item=172140933893&hash=item2814663305:g:Mj4AAOSwxp9W9r4c&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
    Post edited by jgkamin on