Home Cigar 101

Pudgy or Skinny Monsters

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
Im still sitting on my Frank but I missed out on a lot of the other ones.  Just wonering what you all think about these sticks and if they are worth a purchase and maybe where to get them lol.
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the pudgy monsters and have a box of skinny resting. Ccom has the skinny. Pm me for info on where to get pudgy
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I got the Pudgy mix last year. I have mixed feelings about it. They were generally good, but I wouldn't rank them as being extremely superior to other brands I like. I am tempted to do the sknnies because I prefer small gauges in general. 
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Thats what I was wondering.  If I should spend the cash on a box of these or my favs Fausto.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fausto :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    Fausto :)
    Haha of course!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with ordering the skinny monsters over a box of your favorites is you are most likely not going to like each one. I'm not saying I don't have a box of them myself, but if it's a choice your better off going with your favorite.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the skinnies over the pudgy but both are good for me.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Have s box of pudgy, and just ordered a box of skinny from a ccom deal with free shipping 
     win win!!
    have liked all the monsters I tried so far but really liked the wolf man and drac
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The skin us are a limited run and the fausto reg production so if you don't like the skinnys you can always get more faustos 
    Money can't buy taste
    Thats what I was thinking.  Ive liked every Tat Ive had so I figured it wouldnt be a bad investment.  
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have boxes of skinny monsters... 1 is almost finished. I will buy more  
    I will also continue to buy boxes of other stuff most of you guys would never think about.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    I have boxes of skinny monsters... 1 is almost finished. I will buy more  
    I will also continue to buy boxes of other stuff most of you guys would never think about.
    Mikie, you gotta share some names of the good ones. Please?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought a box of skinny monsters. Any notes on the different ones?
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Roland, what do you mean on notes on the different ones? Bit more clarity and I am sure we can help answer some questions @Rolanddeschain

:)
    Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    @90+_Irishman
    the different "names" I would assume are different blends? Mummy, Drac, etc...

newb alert:)

Roland
    edited August 2016
    Hey Roland,

@Rolanddeschain

So this is part of the Tatuaje Monster series releases. Started years back and each year a new "Monster" is made into a cigar and released. It started with Frank for Frankenstein, then Drac for Dracula, Face for Leatherface, Wolf for Wolfman, Mummy for The Mummy, Jason for Jason Voorhes (sp?), Jeckyl for Doctor Jeckyl (sp?), Hyde for Mr. Hyde, and this new one in October will be Freddy for Freddy Krueger. 

So in the Little and Pudgy Monster series it is all of those releases in one sampler but in either a skinny format for the Skinny Monsters, or the same ring gauge but a shorter smoke for the Pudgy Monsters. Each one is a unique blend and is supposed to be the same exact blend as the original full size releases.

Hope that helps!

Brett

EDIT: If it is helpful I can post a pic of almost all the full size monsters, I am only missing The Frank, and Mr. Hyde from the list there though I will likely never find a Frank lol.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Thanks Brett, very helpful!!!

Dave

Roland
    No problem at all Dave :)
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    little monsters FTW
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Brett?  Where's the pic? 

:D  :D:D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    He never asked for one so one was never posted ROFL :D

Brett
    Just for you Mr. Run ;)

Brett
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both the Pudgy and Skinny Monsters.  I probably lean more towards the skinny just because of the vitola but I have enjoyed both of them.  Face, Mummy, Jeckyl, Frank are probably my favorite blends.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    At ipcpr last week, pete had the skinny monster boxes of 25. Each was painted the colour of the label, and they were very cool looking. There were 400 sets available in the first run. Retailers could only buy the all, not just a 25 count of their favourite skinny. I have a few pictures on my phone, but if u google it, I am sure you can easily find them.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    This is a decent video of Robb with pete, highlighting the tat stuff.  https://youtu.be/laXhdBIl5Oo

• arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the hell out of that box @90+_Irishman very cool
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    arch72 said:
    I like the hell out of that box @90+_Irishman very cool
    It is kind of cool. LOL!
    It's a travel humidor.
    Brett's a tat ho. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    It looks like a coffen lol
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatuaje monster coffin travel humidor was a promotional humidor that they sold a few years back. They sold out fast and I was able to get a couple of them.

I haven't seen any for sale for quite a while now. 
    Every once in a while one pops up on ebay.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    will have to keep my eye peeled for one