Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one never lets me down.image
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first Obsidian . Thanks Randy! image
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @90+_Irishman

Per Brett's request:

2/3 in, I am very pleased. Initial pepper (a lot) on the cold draw, but it quickly turns velvety smooth with cedar and cocoa. Lots of creaminess as it progresses.

If you like the Eastern Standard, you can pick up on some of the same flavors, especially on the finish, with a little citrus zing (it is in fact a maduro version of the same hybrid arapiraca wrapper).

The retro is exceptionally smooth and the round, almost vanilla creaminess masks the strength of this cigar.

I am a fan of that "round" flavor profile that I would call marshmellowy; this one has that but with a little more cocoa and barnyard tobacco, rather than a marshmellow flavor and feel.

End of the final 1/3, cream disappears and pepper comes back. Finishes strong.

I'd recommend it to ya, although msrp is a little steep.

Great review and write up Gray thanks a lot and sounds like a great strong cigar! Will definitely give em a spin!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

This LA Barba is pretty yummy.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @90+_Irishman

Per Brett's request:

2/3 in, I am very pleased. Initial pepper (a lot) on the cold draw, but it quickly turns velvety smooth with cedar and cocoa. Lots of creaminess as it progresses.

If you like the Eastern Standard, you can pick up on some of the same flavors, especially on the finish, with a little citrus zing (it is in fact a maduro version of the same hybrid arapiraca wrapper).

The retro is exceptionally smooth and the round, almost vanilla creaminess masks the strength of this cigar.

I am a fan of that "round" flavor profile that I would call marshmellowy; this one has that but with a little more cocoa and barnyard tobacco, rather than a marshmellow flavor and feel.

End of the final 1/3, cream disappears and pepper comes back. Finishes strong.

I'd recommend it to ya, although msrp is a little steep.

Great review and write up Gray thanks a lot and sounds like a great strong cigar! Will definitely give em a spin!

Brett
    The strength really creeps up on you (at least it did on me). Definitely full strength but with finesse. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guaimaro made by skip Martin for Esteban Isla. Very f'ing tastyimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    005b.jpg 880.1K
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Posts: 30 ✭✭✭
    Acid cold infusion 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 4 months no more " bitter box". Great.image
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    As mentioned before, you smoke crap I've never even heard of. The problem is it's all stuff you can't find....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Usaf06 said:
    As mentioned before, you smoke crap I've never even heard of. The problem is it's all stuff you can't find....
    I only seen it on 1 site and they are sold out
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's make them even tastier, doesn't it?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Thanks Jason @Darktower007 this 2011 Holiday Blend is killer!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Londres
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Albinfk said:
    Wife is away for a golf weekend. Nice and quiet and time for a treat.image
    Outstanding choice Al, that's one of my fav Padron's like em even better than the 1964's