Home Non Cigar Related

Don't disagree with me,.......

2»

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    One thing seems apparent. Folks will be defaulting to flagging when they want to anonymously disagree.

(Makes sense because apparently that's all flagging is good for anyway.)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Midget tossing?
    Midget tossing?
    Bet you can't watch (AND listen to,) the whole thing.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    One thing seems apparent. Folks will be defaulting to flagging when they want to anonymously disagree.

Where is the Booooooo, button, Or I hate this button? Because anonymous flags could be plain annoying. I don't disagree with @Bob_Luken 's statement,  I dislike the thought of flagging, so if I had a Hate button, I could tell you how I really feel, lol!!!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

welcome to the club. that's all I do. eff yalls Internet points 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bob_Luken said:

Its DZR LOL ;)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I click on the disagree all the time.
    I thought that is what it's for.

Sky is blue.
    Disagree.
    Here, it is grey.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the anonymous buttons better, now they have become more a comment on 'who' rather than 'what'. Guess I'll just ignore them from now on.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont disagree with anything in this thread, but I tried the 'hover' thing to check it out and it may have disagreed with one of you fine gentleman. I did learn one thing, its hard to hover with a pad

A little dirt never hurt
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha. Try hovering with an iPhone......  :#
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I like that I don't have the option on my phone. I've been curious about the responses, but I like the anonymity.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    "Was it cowardly, or dishonest or backstabbing for anyone to hit the disagree button anonymously in the past?"

Gee, that is a hard one to answer Bob (with 2 Bs), all of mine are from the same 4 people for the most part. I just don't know...........I got one for a "What did you get today" post, I guess they were saying I didn't really get it.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    "Was it cowardly, or dishonest or backstabbing for anyone to hit the disagree button anonymously in the past?"

Gee, that is a hard one to answer Bob (with 2 Bs), all of mine are from the same 4 people for the most part. I just don't know...........I got one for a "What did you get today" post, I guess they were saying I didn't really get it.
    Your's were political disagrees. Those don't count. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob I disagree whit this entire thread.  Therefore I just disagreed with everyone of your posts!!!! neener neener neeeener
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob I disagree whit this entire thread.  Therefore I just disagreed with everyone of your posts!!!! neener neener neeeener
    do you even Spam Flag, bro?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I've never accessed the forums with a computer.
    I just use my phone.
     I have moderated and administered several other forums in the past, so I'm familiar with the tools.
    Usually that is just a check box to implement that privilege.  But somebody has given us the privilege within the last day or so.
    So I guess we do have an administrator? Or a moderator?

Who is in charge of housekeeping around here?
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    jgibv said:
    cbuck said:
    I know for a fact that I've hit disagrees at least once while swiping, but once it's done, I don't think it can be undone, can it?
    @cbuck ; yes it can be undone. 
    just tap the "disagree" again and it will be removed.
    If you hit any other one it removes your 1st choice.

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never accessed the forums with a computer.
    I just use my phone.
     I have moderated and administered several other forums in the past, so I'm familiar with the tools.
    Usually that is just a check box to implement that privilege.  But somebody has given us the privilege within the last day or so.
    So I guess we do have an administrator? Or a moderator?

Who is in charge of housekeeping around here?
    @Sketch6995 ; think of ccom mods/admins kind of like this.....

https://youtu.be/YWyCCJ6B2WE

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

@jgibv
    Hahaha ya right?
     when I look at all the threads and all the discussions and the different categories I don't think anybody's cleaned house around here in a long time.
    I used to prune threads that were years old with only a few replies, when I was moderating forums.
    But nobody's done that around here in a while.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on a few forums (a dwindling number as time goes on and my time gets limited) and I'm surprised and impressed how well this forum works with such limited moderation.  I think there's a lot of self-moderation and a real sense of community that keeps things on track.  What moderation does happen feels like the man behind the curtain, I've had a few posts (threadjacks) disappear mysteriously...
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did have a massive fvckery purge a few months ago.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that our man Krebs @krebsie was/is the go-to-guy when it comes to making things run and function as they're supposed to but lately I can't seem to get his attention. 

Repeated posts and mentions of problems don't seem to elicit any response from the erstwhile Mr. Krebs. Maybe he's no longer with the CCom organization, ya s'pose??   B)
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    jd50ae said:

Your's were political disagrees. Those don't count. ROFL!
    I love you man.