Home General Discussion
Options

Your opinion on his opinions...

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Who here is familiar with Bryan Glynn of Cigar Obsession? I follow him on facebook and youtube... i like his reviews they are consistent in format and kinda enjoyable to watch. ive used his reviews to help me get an understanding of most sticks ive had... Mostly cause i do have some issues discerning flavors if i dont know what im supposed to be tasting. Usually i watch them after i have the stick so i can see what i thought and compare them to his reviews. What are your thoughts on his abilities to judge a cigars flavors and overall quality thoughts? I would prefer this not to become a slam on his site or videos if you are strongly opposed to his stuff lol. :) Keep it clean kids! ;)
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I take all reviews with a grain of salt. Thier pallette is not mine and mine is not thiers. What ever happened to "its a good cigar that I like"? Try it ! Now days we get just a tad caught up into how someone else feels about a cigar and if they say its crap we steer away from it. Thats really to bad because they will never really know. One mans crap is anothers goto. Thus sayeth curt ! Lol
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion he's got some of the best video reviews and tutorials out there. The video and sound quality is always excellent. As far as his style and quality of presentation I think he's one of the best. As to whether or not I think he's a great judge of fine cigars, I'm not gonna make that call. I'm in no position to critique him on his quality of taste compared to my preferences but he seems very likeable, knowledgeable and credible.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I'm a grain of salt kinda guy as well. I enjoy his reviews but I wouldn't not try a cigar due to a bad review.

Bryan is a member of this site. Can't remember what his screen name is.
  • Options
    He's a member??? That's cool! Lol yeah I wouldn't not try a a stick cause one person doesn't like it. Do me it's a good set of reviews to judge my idea of the flavors and get a better understanding for myself as well. We did conflict on opinions on a few sticks. There were a few that he enjoyed that I thought were rubbish. Lol
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    They are very well put together. Because there are such a wide variety of tastes, you can't rely 100% on someone's reviews on whether they enjoy a particar stick or don't enjoy one. The descriptions are well worded and the opinions are non biased. I agree with others here in saying that I try sticks that I want to try and i decide whether I like them based on my preferences. I do however like to view the reviews because they do help me to get better at noticing certain elements in a flavor profile that I might miss otherwise. In a sense the reviews are just like when you have a stick with another BOTL. You won't always agree, but it is usually interesting to hear the opinions of others and compare them to yours.
  • Options
    I will say this though (not trying to suck up if he sees this lol) he is currently my favorite internet celebrity! Lol I'm off work tomorrow (thanks Christopher Columbus!) so it's gonna be a day of me smoking a few sticks and probably goin through some more of his reviews.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I'm a grain of salt kinda guy as well. I enjoy his reviews but I wouldn't not try a cigar due to a bad review.

Bryan is a member of this site. Can't remember what his screen name is.
    I enjoy his reviews as well. His screen name here is kaelaria.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I've watched a lot of his reviews and they are well done and like with most things I take what I want out of them as far as info I didn't know and as far as tastes go....I let that fall under my own tastes.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont watch reviews.

for some reason i cant watch more than 20 seconds of any video review i have ever seen.

if i read reviews i only read the information section. i pay zero attention to the flavor section.

this is strange. i review flavors of cigars all the time.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    He's a member??? That's cool! Lol yeah I wouldn't not try a a stick cause one person doesn't like it. Do me it's a good set of reviews to judge my idea of the flavors and get a better understanding for myself as well. We did conflict on opinions on a few sticks. There were a few that he enjoyed that I thought were rubbish. Lol
    I want to say his username is Kaelaria or something along those lines. He joined a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I like his reviews. He covers a wide range of smokes.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    When I am interested in reviews on cigars, I will always search out Bryans review of that stick. They are well done, and his preferences seem to be pretty close to my taste in cigars as well. I can't recall him ever reviewing ISOM cigars, which is okay since I don't get many chances to smoke these. I too like his reviews.
  • Options
    Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    Ill have to check him out. I follow Tiny Tim's Cigar World. He has some really good blog and youtube reviews!
  • Options
    Gino USMC:
    Ill have to check him out. I follow Tiny Tim's Cigar World. He has some really good blog and youtube reviews!

is he on YouTube or is it a website?
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I think I said this before on here but stogie geeks have an awesome podcast they do a bunch of mini reviews of the latest sticks every week
  • Options
    I will have to check that out! :)