Home General Discussion
Options

I have a new humi!

I don't have a new humi. But I know there are several people planning to get one soon, and I've seen a few posts this week from people saying they just got one, so I thought I'd create a thread so we'd have one place to put all our humi birth announcements, pics of the new arrivals, back slapping, glad handing, and so forth.

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yours is still fairly new. Congrats.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Bah. Not really. Thanks, anyway. Feebs and gmill and Luko have all been threatening to get new ones, though.
  • Options
    Me too.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    at the rate that new cigars are showing up at my door i will need a new humi soon...
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Me too.
    Really? I missed your posts about it, then. Anyhoo, when it happens, let us know!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Bah. Not really. Thanks, anyway. Feebs and gmill and Luko have all been threatening to get new ones, though.
    I've outgrown mine and lately I've been vascillating between coolerdor, new humi, walk-in, whatever. If I get a new humi, it'll have to be for a steal since I'm poor and whatnot.
  • Options
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Me too.
    Really? I missed your posts about it, then. Anyhoo, when it happens, let us know!
    I haven't been posting about it but I just sold the wine fridge to a buddy who is going to use it in his home brewing operation and I'm trying to dwindle down my stock a little to just the cigars I enjoy and ones I haven't tried. Getting rid of things I know aren't my speed. Then after I fix and sell the truck I'm going to go get a mini-cabinet.
  • Options
    I'm desperately trying to keep from overflowing my tiny 50 ct until I move back home in the summer, but with the new Daily Deals there's just no way that's gonna happen. *starts browsing for Vinotemps*
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I'm starting to look into a new one...I have a 100count one, but do I go for the 250 or just get a smaller one?? I really can't justify another one to the wife..but we shall see..
  • Options
    tankbonnies:
    I'm starting to look into a new one...I have a 100count one, but do I go for the 250 or just get a smaller one?? I really can't justify another one to the wife..but we shall see..
    Buy the biggest you can afford. There is no such thing as too big.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    madurofan:
    There is no such thing as too big.
    That's what she said!
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    And if your wife disagrees with you, well... you still win! ;)
  • Options
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    lol ... thankfully mrs. duty disagrees with that statement.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I'm trying to dwindle down my stock a little to just the cigars I enjoy and ones I haven't tried. Getting rid of things I know aren't my speed. Then after I fix and sell the truck I'm going to go get a mini-cabinet.
    That's the direction I seem to be moving in, too -- the part about dwindling the onesie-twosies to make room for the ones I really like, that is. No selling of trucks or getting of mini-cabinets.
  • Options
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    I'm trying to dwindle down my stock a little to just the cigars I enjoy and ones I haven't tried. Getting rid of things I know aren't my speed. Then after I fix and sell the truck I'm going to go get a mini-cabinet.
    That's the direction I seem to be moving in, too -- the part about dwindling the onesie-twosies to make room for the ones I really like, that is. No selling of trucks or getting of mini-cabinets.
    I believe its the natural progression. As you smoke more things you learn what you like and buy in bulk of those and slowly move away from buying singles. Unless its something new and intriguing of course.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    lol ... thankfully mrs. duty disagrees with that statement.
    hung like a barnacle, I tell you!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    yup, urbs I'm going to follow in your footsteps, it's already been approved by the woman...! lol. just need to squander enough nuts to buy one...
  • Options
    Attaboy! Now see to your nuts.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

phobicsquirrel:
    yup, urbs I'm going to follow in your footsteps, it's already been approved by the woman...! lol. just need to squander enough nuts to buy one...

Same here Squirrell .....

• Options
    Keep us posted, gm.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    I believe its the natural progression. As you smoke more things you learn what you like and buy in bulk of those and slowly move away from buying singles. Unless its something new and intriguing of course.
    i can see this. i still buy a ton of singles. there is just so much out there that i want to try. when i buy online i usually buy samplers or 5 packs. ... more 5 packs than anything. ill get 20 cigars 4 types, 5 of each. this seems to work out the best for me. i never have room for a box of just one type of cigar.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I hear ya Kuzi, I was getting 5 packs this summer and into the fall. I also jumped on a Nub 6 pack a few times from ccom. I also have a friend who has given me a few 3 pack samplers of different cigars. Now with the winter and my smoking severely limited my humidor is at max capacity.

I am thinking of upgrading my 50 ct humi to a 100 cound and give those sticks some room to breath.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    I hear ya Kuzi, I was getting 5 packs this summer and into the fall. I also jumped on a Nub 6 pack a few times from ccom. I also have a friend who has given me a few 3 pack samplers of different cigars. Now with the winter and my smoking severely limited my humidor is at max capacity.

I am thinking of upgrading my 50 ct humi to a 100 cound and give those sticks some room to breath.
    Forget the 100 ct. If you're thinking 100 buy 250, its a wise investment.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

madurofan:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Me too.
    I haven't been posting about it but I just sold the wine fridge to a buddy who is going to use it in his home brewing operation and I'm trying to dwindle down my stock a little to just the cigars I enjoy and ones I haven't tried. Getting rid of things I know aren't my speed. Then after I fix and sell the truck I'm going to go get a mini-cabinet.

I was looking through the three humi's I have today and started thinking why have three when you can fit everything in a large humi like the one Urbi has. I think I would have to keep the small 50 count (that only actually holds 20) for keeping the cigars at the RH that I like to smoke them at. But then I would have to buy more cigars to fill it up. Its a vicious cycle I tell ya. 

• Options
    dep691:
    But then I would have to buy more cigars to fill it up. Its a vicious cycle I tell ya. 
    So true.
  • Options
    dep691:

madurofan:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Me too.

I was looking through the three humi's I have today and started thinking why have three when you can fit everything in a large humi like the one Urbi has. I think I would have to keep the small 50 count (that only actually holds 20) for keeping the cigars at the RH that I like to smoke them at. But then I would have to buy more cigars to fill it up. Its a vicious cycle I tell ya. 

What sizes are your current humis?
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    madurofan:
    dep691:

madurofan:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Me too.

I have one 50 count that I use as a ready to smoke Humi use beads in to keep it between 63 and 65 rh. The second is a 300 count desk top that I use for sticks that I pick up, or get in trades that I want to let rest before putting them in the smaller humi to smoke. Then I have a end table type of Humi holds 150 singles in the drawer and 10 boxes in the cabinet. I use this one for aging and putting high end sticks in the drawer. The two larger ones I use the Oasis in and I keep these between 65 and 70 rh.

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sounds good. those oasis's seem mighty good.
  • Options
    I've sure had a great experience with them, Feebs. I know maddy has, too.
  • Options
    dep691:
    madurofan:
    dep691:

madurofan:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Me too.

I have one 50 count that I use as a ready to smoke Humi use beads in to keep it between 63 and 65 rh. The second is a 300 count desk top that I use for sticks that I pick up, or get in trades that I want to let rest before putting them in the smaller humi to smoke. Then I have a end table type of Humi holds 150 singles in the drawer and 10 boxes in the cabinet. I use this one for aging and putting high end sticks in the drawer. The two larger ones I use the Oasis in and I keep these between 65 and 70 rh.

Well if you buy that cabinet and want to sell that 300 count, holler at me.