Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Movie Talk

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So I was thinking that if there are any movie lovers around here that a place for us to talk about films we've seen or new ones would be cool. I haven't been to the movies much lately but I have been keeping up. I know Transformers 2 is coming out this summer, along with GI Joe. I'll probably go see both in theater which I usually don't do. I'm also looking forward to ice age 3 (yeah I love scrat) and even Harry Potter.... If anyone knew, there's a hobbit movie in the works, going to be 2 films for it too. 2011 and 2012. I was really hoping for a film on the silmarillion...

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If they are making the Hobbit into a two part movie, can you imagine how long they would stretch out The Silmarillion? Jeez, the book takes long enough, but there would be no less than three movies for it.

I haven't been in a theater myself since Live Free or Die Hard was out...I'm way, waaay behind the times. Looking forward to the new X-Men movie when it comes out in...May?
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm down with another 3 films.. lol. Wolverine comes out May 1st. Looks good. The last movie I saw in the theater was Religolous...
  • Options
    Wolverine is a great movie and is sure to be enjoyed by all XMen fans. They did an awesome job with this one.
  • Options
    did you download the leaked copy?
  • Options
    ive seen what you speak of?
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Transformers 2 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are the two that I'm really looking forward to. The new Star Trek movie looks interesting as well.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    The last movie I saw in the theater was Hotel for Dogs...ok, I went with my daughter and it's what she chose. I also recently saw Taken with Liam Neeson in the theater and that was one of the better movies I've seen in the last few years. Very good flick.

I also belong to Blockbuster online and usually watch a few DVDs a week. What can I say, I'm slothful.
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    ive seen what you speak of?
    umm, k. Anyway I'm looking forward to it. I hope it's better than X3 that's for sure. God I was so upset over that, it was like watching Resident Evil all over again.... Or no, DOOM! oh my f'ing lord.
  • Options
    the leaked copy wasnt quite finished, used the Transformers score, and not all the special effects where finished, yet the copy was very watchable, and the movie is fantastic,
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    Did anybody see Gran Torino, I wanted to see it in the theatre but missed it. Heard it was a awesome movie.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Gran Torino was a sick movie. I loved it. It was basically Clint Eastwood being a racist old man for two hours. He's that guy who yells at kids on his lawn, except instead of yell, he beats them up.

Seriously though, very moving movie.

I am excited to see 9. It's coming out 09-09-09 and I want so very badly to see it. I saw Taken as well, and holy crap, was that dude a bad ass. I'm also excited to see Terentino's new movie, Inglorious Basterds (SIC) and if you haven't already, watch the trailer.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been to the theater in quite awhile, i think the prices are just ridiculous..BUT...the new terminator movie looks AWESOME...I might actually have to go see that in the theater.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    I am excited to see 9. It's coming out 09-09-09 and I want so very badly to see it. I'm also excited to see Terentino's new movie, Inglorious Basterds (SIC) and if you haven't already, watch the trailer.
    I second both of these. I'm so psyched about 9. I've watched the trailer a dozen times and it still gets me fired up every time I see it. Inglorious Bastards looks great too.
  • Options
    I can't wait to see Angels and Demons. The book was awsome, and I actually liked the first movie. I also want to see xmen origins, Terminator, and Star Trek. I'm sure there are a few others that I really want to see. I just can't afford to go see them in the theatre. Angelina Jolie has been shooting her new movie here in my town. I think it is call dirt. They shut down one of the main highways all weekend for one car chase scene. It was hell getting around.
  • Options
    I havn't been to the theaters in a long time. Last movie I saw was the Friday the 13th remake. I do want to see Transformers 2.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm looking forward to Harry Potter, Transformers, Wolverine, G.I. Joe, Star Trek, Terminator and the Hobbit Films. They are doing two parts for Harry Potter 7 too. I didn't see The DaVinci Code but after seeing the Angels and Demons trailer I want to see both now.

BTW, I liked XMEN 3. Ellen Page is unbelievably cute! She made it worth it for me!
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    Must sees:
    Transformers 2
    GI Joe
    Star Trek
    Terminator

Might see:
    X-men Originals
    Ice Age

Being that I was a huge Wolverine comic fan I still have problems with whats-his-nuts being Logan. Not stocky enough, not short enough, not mean enough, and doesn't have the give-two-**** attitude. But I know it's Hollywood....
  • Options
    Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    Luko:
    The last movie I saw in the theater was Hotel for Dogs...ok, I went with my daughter and it's what she chose. I also recently saw Taken with Liam Neeson in the theater and that was one of the better movies I've seen in the last few years. Very good flick.

I also belong to Blockbuster online and usually watch a few DVDs a week. What can I say, I'm slothful.
    I just watched Taken. Very good movie. I usually dislike most movies, but this was very intense. Definately worth watching.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'll give Gran Torino another nod. This is the best movie I've seen in quite a while. Clint Eastwood makes a great flick. When a movie has a great ending and everything comes together like poetry it really showcases the talent and skill involved. Nothing worse than a movie that's pretty good most of the way and then falls to pieces at the end in typical hackneyed Hollywood fashion.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Just finished up Apocalypse Now today in that film class I'm taking, man that is a great movie. Really kind of depressing, but it makes you think.
  • Options
    what version? I think the film is longer than it should be, especially the directors cut. not a bad movie, sort of lost it near the end in my opinion.
  • Options
    These Filthy Hands:
    I havn't been to the theaters in a long time. Last movie I saw was the Friday the 13th remake. I do want to see Transformers 2.
    was that any good, I missed it, waiting for dvd
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I ended up seeing the original cut, I hear the Redux is almost an hour longer or something like that. And to answer your question, the Friday the 13th remake was so so, you could see the end coming, but on the plus side, there's a bunch of naked people in it.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Just got back from Star Trek. In Imax. Holy chit! Best Star Trek EVER. Although my fiance thinks it a close second the wrath of kahn. pppffffttttt. she knows nothing.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I saw Star Trek yesterday, and let me tell you... well, I HATE Star Trek, but even I LOVE this movie. Amazingly well pulled together, fantastic movie in all aspects.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    Just got back from Star Trek. In Imax. Holy chit! Best Star Trek EVER. Although my fiance thinks it a close second the wrath of kahn. pppffffttttt. she knows nothing.
    i cant compare because i have yet to see the new one but the Wrath of Kahn was a very good star trek.

KAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNN!!!
  • Options
    Has any one else seen Bronson, what did you guys thinks of it?
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I saw The Wrestler last week. It's Mickey Rourke's comeback film, which he does an amazing job acting in, and it's directed by Darren Aronofsky (who did Pi). Pretty darn good flick.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I saw Xmen Origins and Terminator Salvation both in theater, and have Transformers 2 on my list. Xmen was good, glad they kept it from being so cheesy like X3. Terminator Salvation was SICK, but didn't follow the timeline laid out in 1. If you are a real fan of the movies, you'll be disappointed in that part. I didn't care though, I thought it was awesome. Christian Bale did an excellent job, and it had some twists that I never saw coming.

Transformers 2 I cannot wait for, and only because of Megan Fox. The movie was good, but she made it great. I was psyched for GI Joe, but saw a trailer recently, and kinda got turned off to it. Looks a little corny to me. I'll still probably go see it though. New job, new city, nothing else to do.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    bigharpoon:
    I'll give Gran Torino another nod. This is the best movie I've seen in quite a while. Clint Eastwood makes a great flick. When a movie has a great ending and everything comes together like poetry it really showcases the talent and skill involved. Nothing worse than a movie that's pretty good most of the way and then falls to pieces at the end in typical hackneyed Hollywood fashion.

I'll give Gran Torino another recommendation. Excellent movie, one of Clint's best. Another good one was Appaloosa. Ed Harris was great in it, but I'll warn you, it's long, and is really slow in parts. Really good movie overall though. I'd recommend both.