Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Perfect (Starter) Kit - Awesome Deal!

This was a sale offer that was removed. Contact over PM if you were interested :)

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Just one guys opinion here....but isnt this what Ebay and Craigslist is for? And also you arent really a newbie looking to trade. Just a new person to the board looking to get out of cigars and make some money...with a few corny jokes mixed in. Kind of an odd post to me. Anyway, hope whatever the deal is turns out ok-----cancer treatment, bail money, food money, stripper cash----whatever it is, best of luck.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    I actually know a person who is well active in this forum and they might be able to vouch for me later on if needed

Well... Prove it then. It's needed. Don't be a douche and come on here just expexting a free reach around and some cash.

Now if this is legitimate, then your "person who is well active in this forum" will surely un-mask themselves from their hiding place and we can all look at your hack job selection of products like we actually care...

I'm a man of facts and hard evidence, as we all should be. If you can't show REAL ACTUAL PROOF, or really take the time to contribute to this great forum like a true BOTL... Then you are just another digital smudge that I wish could be washed away. Good day "Renaissance_Man"

...I said good day!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    After this deal is over I have my husband's old cigars that are well worth over 2 million dollars, actually the Smithsonian wants them for they are all discontinued and are all historic landmarks, but I don't need the publicity so if you would like these cigars with a crystal humidor lined with baby seal fur please send unmarked envelope full of $2 bills to me... thanks

In all seriousness this is sad for you are leaving the cigar world!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!?!?!?

I do hope all goes well for you, but it's sad to see a smoker give in... Stupid SCHIP and Smoking Bans!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    everyone here is wishing the seller well. I wish the buyer well.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Just one guys opinion here....but isnt this what Ebay and Craigslist is for? And also you arent really a newbie looking to trade. Just a new person to the board looking to get out of cigars and make some money...with a few corny jokes mixed in. Kind of an odd post to me. Anyway, hope whatever the deal is turns out ok-----cancer treatment, bail money, food money, stripper cash----whatever it is, best of luck.

Thanks! Point taken - I do NOT want to abuse the forum. I have removed my "deal" and will probably put it on CraigsList or something. Not really trying to "make money" though :). I am not a store and obviously was not selling anything at a profit...

nightmaremike31:
    Renaissance_Man:
    I actually know a person who is well active in this forum and they might be able to vouch for me later on if needed

Well... Prove it then. It's needed. Don't be a douche and come on here just expexting a free reach around and some cash.

Now if this is legitimate, then your "person who is well active in this forum" will surely un-mask themselves from their hiding place and we can all look at your hack job selection of products like we actually care...

Post is def. not a fake :). And my friend didn't know I did this - he wasn't hiding or anything. Isn't that right, Betasynn? I just told him I posted this here and he actually made me change my mind completely. Sorry for all the rocus created...

Lasabar:
    In all seriousness this is sad for you are leaving the cigar world!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!?!?!?

I do hope all goes well for you, but it's sad to see a smoker give in... Stupid SCHIP and Smoking Bans!!

Yeah... I don't know my friend. I just spoke with my buddy, Betasynn and I don't know... My real problem is really a girlfriend problem. She doesn't like it. She doesn't approve of it. She thinks I'll die younger... Etc ETC... And there is always the fact when money are mentioned. And the fact that I HAVE spent a lot of money on all this and then "why wouldn't I spend money on other stuff I really need?" and how this is a "complete waste of money"... I feel bad having to engage in this type of conversations on a day to day basis... I love cigars.. And I do NOT smoke a lot - maybe about 4 cigars a week. I am kind of poor LOL so it is true that it maybe wasn't a very good financial investment on my side, but then again I do not go out or go to clubs or drink alcohol, etc. so I don't really spend money for "fun" anyway... I am sorry I am writing all this.. It is just hard sometimes. And I do not know what I should do. It's like - something I want to do versus something that "maybe I shouldn't do"... I know it may sound silly to you, but I bet there are at least some people that know what I am talking about. And I know I sound kind of pathetic but you see now why I did not want to post my real reason before lol.. Whatever - Betasynn already convinced me and I will try it another time and yeah...

The only reason why I posted this offer was in an act of desperation so I can tell my GF - look I'm trying to get rid of it all...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    That initial post made my spidey senses tingle.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yes, I can vouch for him. He is a great guy, and has been a great botl to me over the past months. I know him in person, and I can vouch whole-heartedly that he's legit. I think nobody should buy the collection, because I'd prefer he stays in the hobby. I think you all might have interest in why he's quitting. I think it's a bad idea.
    Russ55:
    That initial post made my spidey senses tingle.

your Spidey senses are not that attuned ;)... i was here when that woman posted some time ago about her dead husband's $1000 cigars and her post was quite different from mine :).. Anyway - I know it is normal to be very skeptical about something like this. But I tried to be well versed and give A LOT of detail about what I offered. If somebody made me an offer I was ready to send the stuff first and THEN expect payment - because I am familiar with your "honor" system and honor list... Anyway... Cheers! ;)
    betasynn:
    Yes, I can vouch for him. He is a great guy, and has been a great botl to me over the past months. I know him in person, and I can vouch whole-heartedly that he's legit. I think nobody should buy the collection, because I'd prefer he stays in the hobby. I think you all might have interest in why he's quitting. I think it's a bad idea.

Thanks Betasynn! I have your mystery cigar ready btw - you gonna love it ;)! I'm glad you did not see my list - you won't have an idea what's coming now ;).

Yeah, I think I won't give up quickly lol... But I WILL appreciate any advice on how to deal with my "issue"... I mean, I know I don't have to justify what I do to people, but I am a very logical person and it is hard to counteract an argument when it involves the "money factor". Because when you think about it - you never HAVE TO spend money on cigars... Or cigarettes, or alcohol, etc.

In any case this was probably not the best way to enter these forums lol, but I think I might be able to redeem myself. Unless somebody DOES buy all this and then I'll be out of the field...
    Just remember, you don't HAVE to spend the money. You do it because you enjoy it. It's a fun, relaxing hobby that tastes good. Tell her to give up dying her hair, because she doesn't NEED that. Tell her to stop buying soda, because she doesn't NEED that. Money is only spent on two things; those that make us happy, and those that keep us alive. We need a pretty equal measure of both to be truly happy.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    Just remember, you don't HAVE to spend the money. You do it because you enjoy it. It's a fun, relaxing hobby that tastes good. Tell her to give up dying her hair, because she doesn't NEED that. Tell her to stop buying soda, because she doesn't NEED that. Money is only spent on two things; those that make us happy, and those that keep us alive. We need a pretty equal measure of both to be truly happy.
    So basically tell her to stop being fake and lose weight...

Are you sure betasynn is your friend???
    betasynn:

very true....

Any idea how to move this whole thread to another section? It does not belong to here anymore and I do not want to clutter the forum...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Renaissance_Man:
    betasynn:

very true....

Any idea how to move this whole thread to another section? It does not belong to here anymore and I do not want to clutter the forum...

I agree with betasynn . Cigar smoking is cheaper than therapy or the consequences of road rage or you get my point. Tell her you are a man and you'll damn well smoke a few cigars if you damn well want to !!! Stand up man ...you are not mis treating her just letting her know you are an adult and refuse to be treated like a child !!! Either that or we're gonna have to revoke your man card ...I'm just sayin ...I don't understand the whole I have to be in control of the other person deal with either men or women ...if you have to be in control of someone how stable a relationship is that (this comment is not directed at you Renaissance_Man--just a random thought) I guess if you HAVE to be in control of something maybe get a dog ...you can boss the he_ll outta it and it will still be glad to see your overbearing control freak a$$ at the end of the day ;)
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Any woman that has to have you change for her is not worth having, I don't care who she is. I you want to quit because you aren't into it, don't like it anymore, health reasons, etc.. that's one thing; But don't do it to get someone (anyone) to like you more. If she gets pissed because of the money, go look in her closet and tell her you like everything in there, and that she does not EVER need to go buy any more clothes .... ever....

But, then ... you gotta remember... I'm 42 ...and single....and happy about it.....
    Women are like milk cartons; once you're done, chuck it away and go get a new one.
    cabinetmaker:
    Any woman that has to have you change for her is not worth having, I don't care who she is. I you want to quit because you aren't into it, don't like it anymore, health reasons, etc.. that's one thing; But don't do it to get someone (anyone) to like you more. If she gets pissed because of the money, go look in her closet and tell her you like everything in there, and that she does not EVER need to go buy any more clothes .... ever....

But, then ... you gotta remember... I'm 42 ...and single....and happy about it.....
    Women are like milk cartons; once you're done, chuck it away and go get a new one.

There is a lot of wisdom and common sense in that message Greg ...
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Renaissance_Man:
    Vulchor:

Thanks! Point taken - I do NOT want to abuse the forum. I have removed my "deal" and will probably put it on CraigsList or something. Not really trying to "make money" though :). I am not a store and obviously was not selling anything at a profit...

nightmaremike31:
    Renaissance_Man:

Post is def. not a fake :). And my friend didn't know I did this - he wasn't hiding or anything. Isn't that right, Betasynn? I just told him I posted this here and he actually made me change my mind completely. Sorry for all the rocus created...

Lasabar:

Yeah... I don't know my friend. I just spoke with my buddy, Betasynn and I don't know... My real problem is really a girlfriend problem. She doesn't like it. She doesn't approve of it. She thinks I'll die younger... Etc ETC... And there is always the fact when money are mentioned. And the fact that I HAVE spent a lot of money on all this and then "why wouldn't I spend money on other stuff I really need?" and how this is a "complete waste of money"... I feel bad having to engage in this type of conversations on a day to day basis... I love cigars.. And I do NOT smoke a lot - maybe about 4 cigars a week. I am kind of poor LOL so it is true that it maybe wasn't a very good financial investment on my side, but then again I do not go out or go to clubs or drink alcohol, etc. so I don't really spend money for "fun" anyway... I am sorry I am writing all this.. It is just hard sometimes. And I do not know what I should do. It's like - something I want to do versus something that "maybe I shouldn't do"... I know it may sound silly to you, but I bet there are at least some people that know what I am talking about. And I know I sound kind of pathetic but you see now why I did not want to post my real reason before lol.. Whatever - Betasynn already convinced me and I will try it another time and yeah...

The only reason why I posted this offer was in an act of desperation so I can tell my GF - look I'm trying to get rid of it all...
    Renaissance_Man, grow some balls. Also there alot of smokes that are not expensive.
    leonard:
    Renaissance_Man, grow some balls. Also there alot of smokes that are not expensive.
    Point taken... Thank you for all the advice guys! I think I'm fine now... Sorry for this impulsive "sale" post... But honestly I was under stress (in a way) and just did not know what to do - first thing that popped in my mind was - Get rid of it ALL... This way there wouldn't be anything left to remind me... Damn it I even have an Idiot's Guide to Cigars lol :)... Still though - anybody want a CAO Flavored Cigar? I think its Moontrance gotta double check... I also have a pretty box that housed six of them... :)
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Still though - anybody want a CAO Flavored Cigar? I think its Moontrance gotta double check... I also have a pretty box that housed six of them... :)
    I'm reaching for your mancard ..... Don't make me do it .... ;)
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I say rent the cigars an apartment, and visit them on the side.
    This girl, happens to be a wonderful girl. Don't slam her; she's just uneducated in the ways of the cigar. I, myself, have a girlfriend who happens to love that I enjoy cigars, and even takes a drag or two with me. We'll see if we can convert her.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I have questions for RM from NY.

Were you a cigar smoker when you met her?

Did you pick up the hobby/habit after dating for some time?

Do either of you smoke cigarettes?

I ask these because everyone is saying it is the GF's issue. But if she didnt want to be with a smoker(of anything) and now you have picked up smoking then she does have a point. When I met my GF and now Wife. I clearly stated I smoke an occasional cigar and will not date a cigarette smoker. Which led to a long discussion on the differences between the two and the definition of occasional. Im not totally defending your GF but if it is your change of habit the she has a point.
    Fourtotheflush:
    I have questions for RM from NY.

Were you a cigar smoker when you met her?

Did you pick up the hobby/habit after dating for some time?

Do either of you smoke cigarettes?

I ask these because everyone is saying it is the GF's issue. But if she didnt want to be with a smoker(of anything) and now you have picked up smoking then she does have a point. When I met my GF and now Wife. I clearly stated I smoke an occasional cigar and will not date a cigarette smoker. Which led to a long discussion on the differences between the two and the definition of occasional. Im not totally defending your GF but if it is your change of habit the she has a point.
    First - congrats for the 4-day weekend ;)! lol You have a good point! Yeah - we already knew each other for a while and then after we started dating - i started smoking about 1-2 months into our relationship (just cigars). Otherwise I do not really drink, nor smoke anything (including illegal substances)... So I think that's why it was hard for her to realize it and accept it and find a justification for me starting... I told her I always wanted to start smoking cigarettes because I grew up in a tobacco company, but never found the final product appealing (it did not remind me at all of the nice curing barns). When I smoked some cigars however I was stunned - it was all there! It was like I was just walking around the factory and smelling the tobacco. It tasted like "real" tobacco... Anyway - don't slam her as Betasynn said. She's got a lot to learn about it, but she is fine now. I gave her a whole speech how I want to enjoy life while I'm young cause I see no reason to postpone all this till retirement at age 60... And I think I'm not going to have a problem with her about it anymore. Unless I start smoking one every day lol! :) And CAO Flavors are great if you love sugar! Actually they can be used very well to stir your coffee and add some more kick to it ;)!
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    PM sent about those CAO's (for my wife so get your hands off my man card!)
    We actually tried those CAO's, we smoked two apiece or something. I hated them. It tasted like vanilla beans got nervous on their first day of school and wet themselves in my mouth. Vanilla urine flavor. Ick.
    Goldy:
    PM sent about those CAO's (for my wife so get your hands off my man card!)
    Got it and responded! I hope I have more than one left...
    betasynn:
    We actually tried those CAO's, we smoked two apiece or something. I hated them. It tasted like vanilla beans got nervous on their first day of school and wet themselves in my mouth. Vanilla urine flavor. Ick.

You didn't leave those laying around about weinnie level to you dog did you beta ???
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    ditto
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    To Mr. Renaissance_Man and Mr. Betasynn, I apologize for my initial instigation and my level of aggression.

Alas, I know exactly what you are talking about. I too, as I'm sure quite a few of us have, made a decision or two in hopes to make things better with the current or past relationship. I've found that, like Mr. Cabinetmaker, one should not become what another wants, but is wanted because of who they are. A wise man indeed.

And the "flavors"... weak dude. Those CAO Flavored Cigars shouldn't be alowed to be catagorized as "cigars". It's not fair to the other cigars. It's like selling guns and flowers on the same shelf.
    nightmaremike31:
    To Mr. Renaissance_Man and Mr. Betasynn, I apologize for my initial instigation and my level of aggression.

Alas, I know exactly what you are talking about. I too, as I'm sure quite a few of us have, made a decision or two in hopes to make things better with the current or past relationship. I've found that, like Mr. Cabinetmaker, one should not become what another wants, but is wanted because of who they are. A wise man indeed.

And the "flavors"... weak dude. Those CAO Flavored Cigars shouldn't be alowed to be catagorized as "cigars". It's not fair to the other cigars. It's like selling guns and flowers on the same shelf.
    Nightmaremike31, call me betasynn. Mr.Betasynn is my father.
    It's ok, nightmaremike31! I think I did not start this thread in the best manner possible anyway. I gave in to desperation I guess... On the other hand - I am glad it all worked out the way it did because you guys really gave me the motivation and confidence I needed! Now I definitely have a clear perspective on what I want! I hope I can be a useful member of these forums. I sure see that anytime I need some support - there are many true BOTL here!

Betasynn - you beat me to the joke ;) lol!

Now... Since this thread does bear the title "The Perfect (Starter) Kit - Awesome Deal!" I want to propose an actual trade for a "starter" kit I will assemble. Now since I do not have a small (20count) humi lying around I will have to improvise so here it goes:

I offer a Renaissance_Man variety sampler box of 10 up for trade for some Rocky Patels or whatever else you might want to offer.

10 cigars - 2MILD, 2Mild/Medium, 2Medium, 2Medium/Full, and 2Full will be packaged in a cardboard tight cigars international box. Then this box will be put in a good zipper bag with a freshly soaked in distilled water Humi-Care pillow. In the box will be also a cheaply made guillotine cutter (that would cut, but yeah - its one of those free ones). I am getting an older cutter sharpened - if it works better I will put that one in. It will be a decent gift or a starter taster pack for someone. I have not yet decided what cigars to put, but do you think anybody will be interested? I will also throw in a matchbox ;).

I also have a 2 weeks old BOVEDA pack to test your hygrometer with. Anybody interested? We can also do something where I send you the pack just to calibrate ur thing and then you send it back :)...

Cheers!