Home Cigar 101
Options

Good Gurkha's

Well ccom has a deal that too goo to pass up on the gurkha's...Iv never had a gurkha..what gurkha is a good gurkha?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    On that list, the Regent is good and I think the Turk is good too. Those are the only ones I've had on that list that I'd recommend.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legend is awesome! That is my favorite and I think they have it in a perfecto on there.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    That is a crazy deal! I wish I had room.....
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    heres the easy way to get some of the black dragons ..... i know its not as good as a deal as the idiots that never fufilled their orders but still a really nice deal .
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i posted in that thread what i would have picked out from that deal. i made my selections on what i have not had (with a legend tack on because i just need more of those).

from that list if i was "testing out gurkha" as a brand here is what i would go with that will give you the best idea (IMHO) of what gurkha is all about.
    Gurkha Black Puro Toro, Maduro
    Gurkha Fuerte Toro, Habano
    Gurkha Legend Perfecto, Maduro
    Gurkha Master's Select Gran Reserve Connecticut No. 4, Connecticut
    Gurkha Nepalese Warrior Toro (Box Pressed), Cameroon
    Gurkha Regent Toro, Habano
    Gurkha Signature '101' Maduro Robusto No. 4, Maduro
    Gurkha Symphony Robusto, Connecticut
    Gurkha Triple Ligero Toro, Maduro
    Gurkha Turk Toro, Connecticut

as you can see i did not include the micro batch in this.
    without tasting i cant be sure on if it will be a "typical" Gurkha or something way out there. that and they are a short run, and short run cigars often do not represent the brand accurately. the above list is totally decent and will give you an accurate representation of what gurkha is all about. you should be able to see the differences int he cigars but also get the blending style if you pay close attention.
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    i know its not as good as a deal as the idiots that never fufilled their orders but still a really nice deal .
    its a better deal actually. here you know you will get your cigars and not be harassed.
    do you know how hard it was just to be taken off of their mailing list?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    IMO, the Symphony, Regent, Legend, Royal Brigade, and Triple Ligero are all very good cigars. Can't go wrong with either of those. I myself have been wanting to try the Signature 101 Maduro, Jetmech speaks very highly of them.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i posted in that thread what i would have picked out from that deal. i made my selections on what i have not had (with a legend tack on because i just need more of those).

from that list if i was "testing out gurkha" as a brand here is what i would go with that will give you the best idea (IMHO) of what gurkha is all about.
    Gurkha Black Puro Toro, Maduro
    Gurkha Fuerte Toro, Habano
    Gurkha Legend Perfecto, Maduro
    Gurkha Master's Select Gran Reserve Connecticut No. 4, Connecticut
    Gurkha Nepalese Warrior Toro (Box Pressed), Cameroon
    Gurkha Regent Toro, Habano
    Gurkha Signature '101' Maduro Robusto No. 4, Maduro
    Gurkha Symphony Robusto, Connecticut
    Gurkha Triple Ligero Toro, Maduro
    Gurkha Turk Toro, Connecticut

as you can see i did not include the micro batch in this.
    without tasting i cant be sure on if it will be a "typical" Gurkha or something way out there. that and they are a short run, and short run cigars often do not represent the brand accurately. the above list is totally decent and will give you an accurate representation of what gurkha is all about. you should be able to see the differences int he cigars but also get the blending style if you pay close attention.

Thanks kuzi, I think I'm going to order these.
    I haven't tryed any Gurkhas yet and this looks like a great sampler.

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I love the turk, fuerte, 3xligero, beast, beauty, centurian, green dragon, dragon fire, dragon furry, doble maduro, legend perfecto. The black dragon isn't bad but not my fav. I wasn't a fan of the black puro, or the regent.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Good goobely gurkhas!!!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    phobicsquirrel:
    I love the turk, fuerte, 3xligero, beast, beauty, centurian, green dragon, dragon fire, dragon furry, doble maduro, legend perfecto. The black dragon isn't bad but not my fav. I wasn't a fan of the black puro, or the regent.
    Is the dragon fury the little one? Kinda NUB like?
  • Options
    the dragonfire is like that with a shaggy foot.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I like the Ancient Warrior and the G5 Avenger. Hated the Warlord and the Gangas Kahn. Im really interested to try the micro batch vh-7 it sounds pretty good and I love habanos.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I'll go to bat for the VH-7. Its the gurkha I have liked the most.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I like the S-2 from the micro batch, especially with a few months age on it.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    I like the S-2 from the micro batch, especially with a few months age on it.
    yeah I like that one too.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    I like the Ancient Warrior and the G5 Avenger. Hated the Warlord and the Gangas Kahn. Im really interested to try the micro batch vh-7 it sounds pretty good and I love habanos.
    Oh and the gangus kahn isn't too bad either. And I need to add the Titan, corniche, grand/platinum reserve, royal reserve, and the holly grail. For some reason though gurkha gets a lot of flack, I do find that they have more cigars that I like than any other blender. The factum is also one worth a nod if you can find one at a good price. I hear the barber pole that comes in the tin is rather good (rob did a review of it). I sort of liked the titan 2 but I had it right from cigar.com and haven't had any others. I enjoyed the titan more, a lot more. I have 4 more and I'll light one up in the near future for sure.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    Well ccom has a deal that too goo to pass up on the gurkha's...Iv never had a gurkha..what gurkha is a good gurkha?
    I have had 0 luck with Ghurka, i have smoked 2 out of the billion brands they make though...but I don't have the patience or the money to smoke everything they have if they keep giving me **** smokes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone here hates Gurkha and has some in their humi they need to unload I will volunteer to take one for the team. Seriously, if I win a game or we do a trade you can send me all Gurkhas if you want to unload them. That would make me happy.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    What the heck is a Good Gurkha?
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    The titans. Both of them are pretty good. Though the Titan is a bit big in gauge for me, but to help C.com sold them two weeks ago in robusto. :):):)
  • Options
    betasynn:
    yeah yeah yeah, another gurkha hater...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm smoking a TITAN with 1.5 years on it... very chocolaty and smooth, very earthy and leathery smoke... I like it so far... so if you have the time, wait over a year and let me know!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Dang, even I won't go that far. I haven't had many good ones, but there are a few.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    betasynn:
    Dang, even I won't go that far. I haven't had many good ones, but there are a few.
    No kidding Joe. If you were to list all of the sticks Gurkha makes, you could conservatively say that 10% of the whole list were good to great smokes.

With a list of sticks as large as the one Gurkha has made?...That still means the 10% which represents the good ones, add up to a LOT of good sticks.
  • Options
    The Grand Reserve is on my list on all time bests. The Titan was another smoke I really enjoyed from them, but in my opinion, I was very very disapointed with the Regent.
  • Options
    with every other brand out there if you dont like them you just dont smoke them. but everyone seems to demonize gurkha. why? they are just another brand. if you dont like them dont smoke them.

and god forbid that someone says something bad about Rocky Patel...
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I like to putting some RP's in a brown bag on someones door step and setting in on fire, ringing the door bell and running... it's hilarious!!

I have GURHKA 4 LIFE tattooed across my chest!!

... All right, so RP has some "OK" ones. But Gurhka has some tastey jewels as well. Grab a handful and let your tastebuds do the talking.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    kuzi16:
    with every other brand out there if you dont like them you just dont smoke them. but everyone seems to demonize gurkha. why? they are just another brand. if you dont like them dont smoke them.

and god forbid that someone says something bad about Rocky Patel...
    I wish Gurkha was as rare as some of Arturo Fuentes products! LOL
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I really like a few of the Gurkha's, but in general, I think they are over rated.
    The ones I like however I really like. The Triple Ligero comes to mind, good smoke.