Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Lancero Month Contest

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Welcome to May aka The Month of the Lancero. What better way to celebrate, then with a month long contest. My part: I'm going to only smoke lanceros this month. My goal is to smoke as many unique lanceros as possible. I'll post the progress here. Your part: First, guess how many I will smoke in May. Second, guess what my last lancero of the month will be. Third, guess who sent me the last lancero. I have already picked out the special cigar that I am planning on smoking on May 31st. In the case of inclement weather that night, I reserve the right to smoke the last one on June 1st. Scoring: You will get 10 points for perfectly guessing the number of lanceros. If you are off by one, you will get 9 points. Off by 2, you will get 8 points and so on. If you guess the brand of the last cigar, you will get 5 points. If you guess the exact cigar, you will get an additional 5 points. If you guess the sender, you will get 5 points. So a perfect score would be 25 points. You don't have to guess a unique number as long as something is different in your guess from a previous entry. Any questions, just ask. So a sample answer would look like 12 lanceros, EO Cubao from Ken Light. All entries due on Friday, May 8th. Entries: DZR -- 10 -- El Triunfador from DZR Puff Dougie -- 13 -- Casa Torano from Glock onestrangeone -- 18 -- Opus Lost City from Bandyt09 wwhwang -- 9 -- Opus X PL from Shizz Martel -- 13 -- Oliva V from Jim Bigshizza -- 17 -- Aurora 100 Anos from Shizz rsherman24 -- 11 -- Tat Black from rsherman24 matkn293 -- 28 -- Opus X from Shizz ExpendableYouth -- 34 -- Shizz Here is my first: The EO Cubao from Ken Light image
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 Lanceros, OG El Triunfador from me. I sure hope you're able to smoke it on May 31. I don't want to have to wait 10 months for the result.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    13 lanceros. Casa Torano from Glock. Cool contest! Looking forward to seeing your selections!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to guess 4 lanceros a day for 31 days. So, 124 lanceros.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    10 Lanceros, OG El Triunfador from me. I sure hope you're able to smoke it on May 31. I don't want to have to wait 10 months for the result.
    Lol, fixed it. Not sure how I made that mistake.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    18, an Opus Lost City from Bandyt09
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    9 lanceros. Petite lancero Opus X from Shizz
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    13. Oliva V. From Jim
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmm lanceros. tasty.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17--100 anos---from me
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 - Tatuaje Black Label - from me
  • Options
    Great entries so far. Keep em coming.
  • Options
    Lancero #2 is in the books. Thank you DZR for the Vintage 2013 LG Diez! image
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    34 lanceros, and shizz.
  • Options
    ExpendableYouth:
    34 lanceros, and shizz.
    Want to guess the stick?
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to say 28 lanceros and an opus from the shizzanator.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Still plenty of time for anyone that wants to play to get in your guesses. The rain stopped this evening, so I went ahead with lancero #3. A San Lotano Habano from onestrangeone that was sent as part of the Gang War bomb a couple years ago. Dude, this was an absolutely delicious cigar tonight. Thanks again! image
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say 17 - Oliva V Lancero from Jeremy
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    One more day to get in on this contest. I'll assume everyone is just waiting as long as possible to make the most educated guess. Lol. Today was actually a two lancero day since the weather was so nice and rain is forecast for the next few days. First up, another cigar from last year's Gang War hit from Sherm. Thanks again, bud, it was delicious! image Then later in the evening I lit up this PDR from a ckrddsmke bomb from about a year ago. Very nice cigar as well. Thanks! image
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude! Slow down
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Dude! Slow down
    Actually, I'm sure I will. The weather was beautiful all week here and I actually had time to go out. That doesn't happen nearly this often typically. With the weather forecast, my next one might not be until Tuesday.
  • Options
    #6 today is again from Sherm's Gang War hit last year. Thanks again bro! image
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Dang, slow down!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    slow down? nooo.... hes got another 118 to go before the end of the month! lol
  • Options
    #7. A Headley Grange Drumstick from our good friend LeftOvers, whoever that is...

Also, I need to work on this new photo uploading.

• Options
    I need you to pick up the pace if we're going to get to 124.
  • Options
    Eulogy said:

Lol, I'm probably going to come up at least a 100 short of that goal.
  • Options
    SleevePlz said:
    Eulogy said:

Lol, I'm probably going to come up at least a 100 short of that goal.
    I really think we can do it. Just think, a couple of long fishing trips and 4 dedicated hours of reading and cigars a night. I'm sure the family life will take a hit, but I think the end results will be worth it.
  • Options
    Eight lanceros in the book. This GH Connie came to me from Drew a couple years ago. Thanks bud!

• Options
    SleevePlz said:
    Eight lanceros in the book. This GH Connie came to me from Drew a couple years ago. Thanks bud!

Just one. Just one. How can I hope to compete when you're not smoking at least 7 a day? 
  • Options
    Nine down.