Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

New Forum Feature/Popularity Contest

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, I haven't done a contest in a while, so I thought up something fun to do for this week. This contest is going to utilize the forums new "like" button at the bottom of each post. Between now and Tuesday, you need to take a picture of what you are smoking. Please don't use an existing photo. Take this as an opportunity to smoke something special for the photo! Please don't use Photoshop or the like to enhance the photo. Let's keep it to the basic filters in your camera app on your phone. I want all the non-techie types to be able to compete with the digital media experts. Let's have all entries in no later than Tuesday night. By the end of the night Thursday, whichever photo has the most "likes", will win a nice little fiver from me.

For those of you that don't want to necessarily compete, please feel free to vote for your favorite entries. You can vote for as many as you want. Please just utilize the "like" button for voting purposes, comments will not be included in the vote tallies.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooooo fun
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    Sounds fun...I only have a few $$cigars that are still aging so I'm going to need to get creative.  Are there any restrictions on what can be included in photo or where picture can be taken? - I doubt I can get my wife to cooperate so I'm thinking champagne room!
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    So, just cell phone pics then. Now to figure out some cool ideas....

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    The setting is completely up to you. As long as you are including a cigar in the pic, I'm happy. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    penn said:
    Sounds fun...I only have a few $$cigars that are still aging so I'm going to need to get creative.  Are there any restrictions on what can be included in photo or where picture can be taken? - I doubt I can get my wife to cooperate so I'm thinking champagne room!
    Do they allow photos at "your" champagne room? I think it's a good, cool idea so, I say go for it but I was wondering if they'd even let you do that. Not that I'd know anything about those kinds of places myself. 
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can take a picture of a stripper smoking a cigar, you win.
  • Options

That might qualify as an autowin. Lol
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

I guess I'll break the ice....

How do you delete a post?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll break the ice....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to "disagree" all of ya'lls pics
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz said:

You guys are going to seriously regret this when I post a picture of my husband half naked smoking a cigar ;) 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    SleevePlz said:

You guys are going to seriously regret this when I post a picture of my husband half naked smoking a cigar ;) 
    What's to regret?
  • Options
    Bob_Luken said:
    penn said:
    Do they allow photos at "your" champagne room? I think it's a good, cool idea so, I say go for it but I was wondering if they'd even let you do that. Not that I'd know anything about those kinds of places myself. 

Ok.  As expected, my better half is uncooperative with my being creative or even pointing the phone and taking the picture - BTW you men are childish :)  as far as the champagne room, I'm in NC and the only place like that around here is some guys house out in the country.  Have been once and was scared - I could have sworn the dancer had a bullet wound!  Anyhow - back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Edna20 said:
    SleevePlz said:

You guys are going to seriously regret this when I post a picture of my husband half naked smoking a cigar  
    As long as its only half (and  that half is arms and legs) there should not be any regrets.  The regret might be yours if you do and Expendable Youth clicks like!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

No strippers, but this is what I smoked this evening to celebrate my 29th wedding anniversary.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

No strippers, but this is what I smoked this evening to celebrate my 29th wedding anniversary.

Congrats to you and your wife Doug.
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Congratulations on the 29th anniversary Doug! You're an inspiration.
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723 said:
    Enjoying a Padron 1926 from my latest interaction on the forums, Newbie trade with @SecretSquirrel , and wanted to include all the bad ass swag I got from our talented and awesome BORKs...

Stogie Stand from @danielzreyes 

Nubber from @Stubble 

Bookmark from @twistedstem 

Room 101 cutter and Xikar EX lighter from my Secret Santa @scarlin.

thats awesome! hope you enjoyed the smoke buddy!
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    How can you not like a pic of a Padron!!!!!!

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    @SecretSquirrel  It was great bro and thanks again. Have only had the 64s so was nice to try a 26 too.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Chemnitz said:

Congrats!

Your pic did not show up for me, but clicking the link brings it up.  Looking good! 
  • Options
    I was going to try and get a couple more while smoking, but it decided to rain. Oh well, still a great cigar! Monte Edmundo from 2013.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was that the Oban that I sent you? Very nice looking pick and congratulations on the anniversary. 
  • Options
     Eulogy said:

Was that the Oban that I sent you? Very nice looking pick and congratulations on the anniversary. 

Yes, it was... and it is outstanding!! Mrs. Puff has enjoyed it as well. She has to drink. She's been stuck with me for 29 years. o:)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Chemnitz said:

Congrats!

Your pic did not show up for me, but clicking the link brings it up.  Looking good! 

Lemme try this again...