Home General Discussion
Options

California C.Com Mega-Herf

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
I've had the chance to get together with a couple different BOTL from the forum here, and we've tossed around an idea or two. Us fellas in NorCal noticed that you fellas in SoCal have a pretty regular little group going on (centered around Temecula, I think?), so we gots to thinkin how great it might be to have a real full-scale California Herf. On that note, I had an idea:

How about a camp herf? Going off the assumption that you guys are centered around Temecula (and knowing basically nothing about SoCal geography), I found a campground that's almost exactly in the middle between you guys and us (Sacramento roughly being "us"). It's in the Sequoia National Forest, and has sites accommodating groups from 12-50 people. Rates are all of $27 or so/night, so even for a weekend it wouldn't be more than a few bucks per person - move in Friday, leave Sunday is what I have in mind. I'm thinking some time this summer, of course - just want to sound it out now, and start planning if necessary. Also, though this is described, and inspired, as a CCom herf, brothers/friends/sons etc would all be welcome.

So guys, whaddya think? Campfires, beer and junk food, good fellowship and great cigars in a beautiful forest?

¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd be up for that. And assuming the stars align, I'd even offer to drive 4 others with me to save on gas. Nice idea, a weekend is way more feasible, given the travel involved, than meeting up for a few hours.
  • Options
    Well rock on then. I figured the same - driving a few hundred miles just isn't feasible for an afternoon get-together, but a weekend would give us plenty of time to relax and unwind.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Even though it kills me to say it but I have to pass on this. I'm gonna be in Kansas this summer and depending on what happens, maybe the next year. I actually do a trip like this with my buddies from high school every summer, last year we chilled at the river for three days smoking cigars, fishing and swimming.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I'd be down for this! So long as we wont be rafting down a canyon river and there'll be no squeelin' lika pig....hahah!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jdorais:
    I'd be down for this! So long as we wont be rafting down a canyon river and there'll be no squeelin' lika pig....hahah!
    I'll bring my banjo along.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Jdorais:
    I'll bring my banjo along.
    I'll bring mine and we can duel.
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Its only 4700 km for me. I might be able to swing it for a weekend.. lol.. I WISH
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    I might even make it down from glorious "Vegas" if the timing is right... Who know's well see
  • Options
    bibby:
    I might even make it down from glorious "Vegas" if the timing is right... Who know's well see
    Well that'd be awesome!

• Options
    I'm down... providing I'm not out to sea. I love camping, I'll bring my guitar... somone wil have to teach me how to play it.
  • Options
    Hmm.. Not quite the response I was hoping for. I'd thought to get a little more response from the NorCal guys! Brian? Marty? Oz?

• Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Alright....here's my response: I'm in!

The only that might hold me back is the fact that I'm working on buying a house in the near future. If everything goes as planned, I should be good to go.
  • Options
    Sound like fun, I live in Visalia/Tulare I'd be up for it.
  • Options
    Groovy! So what would be best for everyone - early, mid, late summer? Camp spots go fast, especially group ones because there's such a limited supply, so I'm just lookin to hash out details.

• Options
    Early, Mid, Late it's all good for me. Thanks for the invite.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    DEPENDING ON THE WEEKEND I WOULD DEFINATLEY BE INTERESTED, My wie and I camp all summer in various places, i SPEND THE LAST 2 WEEKS OF JULY AND THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST IN SOUTH DAKOTA,,,,,,,,,,, ill stay on this one!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    i thought i responded! LOL must not have i said something to my wife ......LOL the whole month of july and first week of August is out for me.. Ill be in South Dakota and In Ohio with my son. I am a Camper.... I dont drink anymore...... but I wouldnt mind burni g a few with some BOTL and making some new friends! Hey I have a BB Storm i would be in on that Instant message thing. I have BBmessnger but have no ideawhat my pin is. Get back with m when you can Ozzie
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    You got yourself a PM Ozzie!
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Hays,

Is this something you are still planning on doing ?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, cause i'm in too!
  • Options
    Well right on! I'm definitely down for organizing something still...what kind of availability does everyone have?

• Options
    count me brother! Any time after the 18th of May would work for me since I'll be in Maui getting married and enjoying some well deserved RnR and....... BOOBS!
  • Options
    Sounds good...I'll see what I can put together, and then I'll post back here to get some feedback. Do we still have interest from SoCal area brethren?