Home General Discussion

if you were on a deserted island, what box of cigars would you have?

if you were on a deserted island, what box of cigars would you have? and also, who would you want to share them with? i'd have a box of CAO Cx2 belicoso's i'd share them with bear grills from "man verses wild"

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd have a box of Romeo y Julieta Viejo the Robusto or perhaps Belicoso.

And I would share them with me....being stranded on a desert island is no time for sharing, but maybe for trading with fellow castaways.
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    A box of PSD4's and my wife. My wife doesn't smoke cigars so they would be all mine; but I am almost guaranteed sex. (notice how I said almost).
  • golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    I would want a box of cohiba sublimes 04 and Martha Stewart. She can make anything from almost nothing. LOL
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    golfcigarjunkie:
    I would want a box of cohiba sublimes 04 and Martha Stewart. She can make anything from almost nothing. LOL
    ... wouldnt you want McGyver then?
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    golfcigarjunkie:
    ... wouldnt you want McGyver then?
    Only if he wants a shelter :P. If he wants grilled mahi mahi, with shallots and a nice creamed cocunut sauce, then Martha is your girl ;)
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    I think you guys are thinking about this with the wrong head.
  • CrimthannCrimthann Posts: 37
    My humidor! (that's a box right... maybe a big box, but still a box :) ) But to be fair I'll pick the 30th Anniversary Cohiba box of 50 from 1996. Only 45 boxes were made and it's one of the 4 100-point rated cigars by Cigar Aficionado.

"The few humidors of the 30th Anniversary Cohiba left in the world now go for about $30,000. (They originally sold for about $2,000.) Here is my tasting note the last time I smoked one, which was last spring:

30th Anniversary Cohiba (1996): This is one of the rarest modern cigars ever made. There were only 45 humidors of 50 cigars each made for the 30th anniversary of the Cohiba brand. It's a double robusto, 50 ring by 9 inches. I smoked this in Hong Kong with one of the biggest collectors of the cigars in the world, George Wong. He originally had 10 boxes. This is a blockbuster of a cigar with huge mocha, honey, cedar and tobacco character. It's full bodied and incredibly rich, almost velvety on the palate. It goes on and on. Not for the fainthearted. So powerful. This cigar will age and improve for decades. Problem is that they are all being smoked. 100 points."

:) As for who I'd like to be with on the island... Well I'd have to go with Jamie Pressley. Food or no food I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care either way.
  • what are the other 3 100 point sticks?
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    I would probally have to say a box of Padron Serie 1926 80 Years, but would have to be a couple of boxs since only 8 come in a box.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I'm with carmike22........Padron 1926 Series 80th Anniversary Maduro.
  • CrimthannCrimthann Posts: 37
    chrishollandband:
    what are the other 3 100 point sticks?
    i think they are Cohiba Habanos 1492, Dunhill Cabinetta, & 1973 Davidoff Chateau d'Yquem. All cigars I'll probably never try :).
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Does my 250 humi count as a box?
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Undercrown Shades.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something like this.image
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    1. That's cheating.
    2. I LIKE IT!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS THREAD IS A BLAST FROM THE PAST AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take something like the Taboo, because they a decent smoke and there are 50 in a box.

BTW, this is actually a great question.  I get asked all the time by my customers, "What's your favorite coffee?" and I tell them the better question is, "If you were stranded on an island which coffee would you want?"  I have a few favorite coffees, but don't know that they're the ones I'd want to drink day in and day out.  Not sure if that carries over to cigars, tho'.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Partagas serie d #4
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Yakster said:
    1. That's cheating.
    2. I LIKE IT!
    Oh look. I see my biggest humi down there in the corner...man I'm  jealous! 
    I wish that was mine!

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC cohiba with 3-4 on them. Churchill style. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houston Exclusive Davidoffs 

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    I'm much more of a pedestrian smoker than some of you.

If you gave me a box of Carrillo Cardinals, I'd e good for a week.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • soyouseesoyousee Posts: 40
    I would pick a box of Gurkha Beauty Belicoso. They are just sticks and I could make a raft out of them.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope I would have either @Bigshizza's or @jliu's box of cigars.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bandyt09's 20 count would be nice to have around.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

This question came up on the vHerf tonight and I still can't make up my mind.