Home General Discussion
Options

Ccom House Blend Sampler

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
I recently ordered the one-per sampler of the Ccom House Blends and was surprised to find multiple vitolas comprising the sampler: 4 robustos, 2 torpedos, and one corona sized cigar making up the 7 house blends. I was under the impression that the sampler is all robustos, but they sent me different sizes.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you... I was just curious because it seemed strange to me. Do they do this often, or is it a fairly rare event? BTW, I'll be smoking the brazilian label (corona) later today.

Comments

• Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I could be wrong here but I think they will sub different sizes when they are out of certain ones. I was under the impression that they were all robustos as well.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me, except I ended up with two Churchhills and a torpedo. Like you, I wasn't complaining either.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... I got a mix too. I like that. I'd be cool if they made sure you got at least one of each vitola. Most were robustos but the Cuban Label was Churchill, the Blue Label was Torpedo. I don't think I got a corona.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I got the 2-fer and they sent mostly robustos and 4 Churchills. I think it is what they have in stock at the time because I don't think I got any torpedos. I'm not complaining either but would have liked to try a torp or 2. I've only had the chance to smoke 1 but I will be trying to get through the rest this week.
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Sampler substitution does happen from time to time due to inventory changes.  We always strive to give you a fair shake, if not an improvement on what is advertised.  If you ever receive something you aren't happy with, whether it be size, quality, or selection, don't hesitate to contact me directly at service @ cigar.com.

For some reason I don't get PM's or emails from inside the forum, so you have to email me directly using your email provider.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    timb:

Sampler substitution does happen from time to time due to inventory changes.  We always strive to give you a fair shake, if not an improvement on what is advertised.  If you ever receive something you aren't happy with, whether it be size, quality, or selection, don't hesitate to contact me directly at service @ cigar.com.

For some reason I don't get PM's or emails from inside the forum, so you have to email me directly using your email provider.

That would explain the no responses from my emails va ccom forum.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    timb:

That would explain the no responses from my emails va ccom forum.

Same here! I was wondering why I didn't get any replies to any of the emails I sent from inside the forums. And I'll be right there if something ever needs fixing Tim. But, everything is usually spot on.

On the Brazilian Label corona: the flavor was good, but seemed really.... unbalanced. I think this blend would benefit from a stronger filler or binder presence, and/or a larger ring gauge. I'd definitely buy it again, but not the corona size again; I'd probably go with the torpedo or churchill.

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    timb:

Once again outstanding service from CCom. Just to clarify I wasn't unhappy with my selection & I know that if I ever was unhappy with anything the staff would make it right.