Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar.com/Cigars International?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    dennisking:
    The businesses are not related though.
    Other than being owned by the same parent company?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    dennisking:
    According to Alex, this is incorrect. He states that Ccom, CI, and 5 other online cigar retailers all ship from the same facility but that's the only relation.
    now I can tell you that when Alex markets certain products, his picture can be seen on CI, take Double Happiness for an example. I personally don't care because I've been satisfied with how well I've been taken care of by the staff at CCom
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    dennisking:
    docbp87:
    dennisking:

According to Alex, this is incorrect. He states that Ccom, CI, and 5 other online cigar retailers all ship from the same facility but that's the only relation.
    now I can tell you that when Alex markets certain products, his picture can be seen on CI, take Double Happiness for an example. I personally don't care because I've been satisfied with how well I've been taken care of by the staff at CCom

Here's why I'm skeptical about this:

They offer the exact same samplers with the exact same descriptions. The write-ups on both sites are often identical. If they didn't share at least a common parent company, I doubt ccom would allow CI to steal their ad copy and marketing strategies.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    What is very odd about all of this is that the poster - jbahia1- gets a new screen name, goes back to a thread that is over 1 year old, and jumps in. On his 1 and only post. Hmm. He obviously wants to stir this issue for some reason
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    beatnic:
    What is very odd about all of this is that the poster - jbahia1- gets a new screen name, goes back to a thread that is over 1 year old, and jumps in. On his 1 and only post. Hmm. He obviously wants to stir this issue for some reason
    Agreed IRDGAF!

And honestly wth does it matter?

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at it like General Motors having Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, etc. Same parent company, but they compete. Customer Service is sooooooo much better at ccom. I too am boycotting CI for poor response to a problem I had.

I know that the profits eventually go to the parent company, but it makes me feel better!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Who really cares if the share a parent company, they have separate support/sales teams according to "The Beard".
    I asked "The Beard" about his likeness being used in the CI catalog as Profesor Sila (balding with glasses and sometimes a big red bow-tie). He told me the guys at CI photoshopped him and put him in as a gag.
    I personally think the guys at CI are envious of CCOM having "The Beard".
    Damn with 30 million cigars on hand it only makes since to share a warehouse, besides 95% of the time CCOM can get you items found at CI.

Wow I have a new conspiracy CBID is owned by CI they share the same warehouse, oh and you get CI matches with a CBID order, really who the hell cares.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    Wow I have a new conspiracy CBID is owned by CI they share the same warehouse, oh and you get CI matches with a CBID order, really who the hell cares.
    You get matches??
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    ShotgunJohn:
    You get matches??
    I received matches 2 times in my CBID orders. It is not everytime but I recieved 80 sticks and maybe they felt obligated. I have had 6 separate shipments and only 2 had matches.
  • Options
    Honestly I don't mind not getting matches....but a humi pack would be nice. Anytime I get something from them there is no Humi Pack.
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    Honestly I don't mind not getting matches....but a humi pack would be nice. Anytime I get something from them there is no Humi Pack.
    I only get humi packs from CCOM never from anywhere else, except BOTL trades from here :).
  • Options
    Same here...Ccom and the BOTL trades. I am not sure that a humi pack makes a difference or not. For me it just shows a sign of "I treat the sticks I sent to you like I treat my own"
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    When you ship it this far, it definitely makes a difference!
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    We share the shipping facility but that is the only real affiliation.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I still think that Ccom should put out some T-Shirts! The logo blown up on the back Cigar.com on the left chest (and I really can't believe they censor out B*R*E*A*S*T) and make it a long sleeve t shirt so you can put the 'The home for cigar enthusiasts' down one of them. I bet they'd sell.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll second that and would be happy to buy a few. Alex, get working on that!
  • Options
    I just googled the question of connection between CI and C.com:
    "Cigars International and Cigar.com are owned by Scandinavian Tobacco Group, who also owns General Cigar Co."
    Information rather than speculation would seem to be the way to go. Interesting that the Cigar.com guy didn't want this site used to "discuss competitors." Wow, and you say their customer service is great: yeah, if you like (cigar) smoke up the . . .
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Hi to you too welcome to the forum. I say we try to start over. This forum is very loyal so if you want to hang out for a bit and chat about cigars cool. If you just want to bash the company just move along there is nothing to see here.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol....jakemoon and the fatman
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jakemoon:
    I just googled the question of connection between CI and C.com: "Cigars International and Cigar.com are owned by Scandinavian Tobacco Group, who also owns General Cigar Co." Information rather than speculation would seem to be the way to go. Interesting that the Cigar.com guy didn't want this site used to "discuss competitors." Wow, and you say their customer service is great: yeah, if you like (cigar) smoke up the . . .I'm a big f***ing tool.

Fixed it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    ^ this is freaking hilarious

come on kids, what does the sign say? Thats right, "DONT FEED THE TROLLS"
  • Options
    Wow the same company owns KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut holy crap they are all the same and it is a conspiracy. I am so sick of this topic. First post thumb down.
  • Options
    I had made several orders with CI in the past. Can't say I was ever really impressed. Half of what I ordered was always dried out or unraveling when I smoked it. I just don't think they keep good care of their cigars. I decided to try out Cigar.com and I'm happy I did. Great customer service, condition of cigars, and selection. I'll be coming here from now on.
  • Options
    Jasonc1982:
    I had made several orders with CI in the past. Can't say I was ever really impressed. Half of what I ordered was always dried out or unraveling when I smoked it. I just don't think they keep good care of their cigars. I decided to try out Cigar.com and I'm happy I did. Great customer service, condition of cigars, and selection. I'll be coming here from now on.
    I have had nothing but good luck and great service from each of the two above companies. Usually cigars take two days to arrive to my house on any given order. Hard to beleive cigars could be dried out or unravel that fast. Gurhkas do tend to do that though no matter where you purchase them and if you clip the cap to far down they will usually unravel.
  • Options
    Jasonc1982:
    I have had nothing but good luck and great service from each of the two above companies. Usually cigars take two days to arrive to my house on any given order. Hard to beleive cigars could be dried out or unravel that fast. Gurhkas do tend to do that though no matter where you purchase them and if you clip the cap to far down they will usually unravel.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jakemoon:
    I just googled the question of connection between CI and C.com: "Cigars International and Cigar.com are owned by Scandinavian Tobacco Group, who also owns General Cigar Co." Information rather than speculation would seem to be the way to go. Interesting that the Cigar.com guy didn't want this site used to "discuss competitors." Wow, and you say their customer service is great: yeah, if you like (cigar) smoke up the . . .
    Is this a glickman award?!?!?!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok first even if it is owned by the same people well Ccom out does it with the management and staff!! You think every chain restaurant has the same service and hard workers?! Well if you do then you'll love Philly blunts!! For people who have normal rationality well we know Ccom is a good place regardless!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    They are owned by the same umbrella company, but operate independently and as "competitors". If you check the WhoIs on both domain names, they are both registered to the same place. I have a contact at Ccom and he has verified that they are "sister" companies, but are competitors. Ccom tends to have some of the more higher end smokes, whereas CI is a little cheaper and doesnt have some of the higher end stuff.
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Ships from same address, same customer # on both catelogs I receive, many of the same brands that aren't found anywhere else, same write-ups and descriptions, many of the same sales and too many other coincidences for me to believe they have nothing to do with each other.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Give it a rest Guys, Really Who F.in Cares