Home General Discussion
Options

MaduroFan

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
uhhh... where are ya man?

i miss the arguments.

in all seriousness i hope all is well and i hope to see you on here again soon.

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yes. I've been meaning to ask if anybody had his email addy and could check up on him.
  • Options
    Ron hasn't been around for a while, either.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Ron hasn't been around for a while, either.
    Ron is in the process of moving or just recently moved, so that explains his absence.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Madurofan is in Louisiana/Mississippi this week for work. We had talked about meeting up, but I've been working every evening, so we haven't been able to make it happen.
  • Options
    Oh, that's right. I remember a while back he said something about a trip to Gulf Shores or Ocean Springs or one of those towns along there. Thanks, Scrambler.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Oh, that's right. I remember a while back he said something about a trip to Gulf Shores or Ocean Springs or one of those towns along there. Thanks, Scrambler.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! We all know that Kuzi and Madurofan were the same person... And for those that are addicted to this forum we ALL KNOW that Kuzi was complaining of a headache the other day...
    THEORY
    FACT- Kuzi had a headache
    FACT- Kuzi took some pills to help headache
    FACT- Kuzi did NOT take aspirin but the RIGHT medication
    FACT- Alex Svenson KNOWS about the Kuzi/Maddy that lives inside some poor souls head and has always been switching medication for that person to perpetuate more cigar sales
    FACIT- Alex Svenson had since then DELETED the Thread where Username KUZI posted about said headache
    FACT- I LOVE a good consipracy theory!!!

In summation give it a few more days and I'll GUARANTEE that Maddy comes back, for that when the medication wears out and Alex figures out how to get the RIGHT STUFF out of Kuzi's house...

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING PEOPLE!!!! PUT ON YOUR TINFOIL HELMETS AND BELIEVE ONLY WHAT YOU SEE!!!!

OOOOO! Time for MY medication!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    FACT- Kuzi had a headache
    I did?
    Lasabar:
    FACT- Kuzi took some pills to help headache
    I did?
    Lasabar:
    FACT- Kuzi did NOT take aspirin but the RIGHT medication
    I didnt?
    Lasabar:
    FACT- Alex Svenson KNOWS about the Kuzi/Maddy that lives inside some poor souls head and has always been switching medication for that person to perpetuate more cigar sales
    he does?
    Lasabar:
    >FACIT- Alex Svenson had since then DELETED the Thread where Username KUZI posted about said headache
    I posted one?

man, lassy... you know me better than i know madurofan, or is it you know me better than you knopw madurofan, or me... or myself...
    or not.

I have no idea whats goin on but it will be good to see maddy back in a few days.
  • Options
    Don't agitate him, kuzi. You know how he gets when he's agitated. He'll have a spell.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, I didn't anticipate not getting on the forum at all while I was down in the New Orleans area. However, I discovered Bourbon St my first night there and every minute I wasn't working I wasn't going to waste in my hotel, sorry guys.

Scrambler you should have warned me about the 3 for 1 deals down there, they seem like a good idea at first but when you've been drinking for 6+ hours(or 14 hrs as was the case for me on Friday) and you order ONE Abita Amber and they set THREE in front of you its not such a good thing.

BTW guys for anyone who hasn't had Abita beer thats some good stuff, even their Golden(you know the american lager, i.e. Piss Water) has decent flavor. I drank enough of it down there that I should have some stock in it now. We cleared one bar out of Abita Wheat one night, just me and my co-worker. The little bar tender girl said I know ou guys aren't from around here but you drink like you are. HA How about a couple VA Beach kids showing the New Orleanians how its done :).

P.S. Scrambler I'll be back for two weeks in November and probably a couple more times beginning of next year, we'll get together for sure. Maybe at the cigar factory down there, those were some nice smokes.
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Glad to see you back and had a good time...
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I was wondering what I suddenly saw so many unread threads.. welcome back, Maddy.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Maddy, nice to see you back. I know you had a great time.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    I was wondering what I suddenly saw so many unread threads.. welcome back, Maddy.
    HA! This is sadly so very true
  • Options
    Yes. Welcome back!
  • Options
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    HA! This is sadly so very true
    its not that sad
  • Options
    But it is very true.
  • Options
    OK so its not so sadly very true? Damn buffalo Buffalo
  • Options
    I think you mean Buffalo buffalo.
  • Options
    Man, if I would have known you would have been in the City drinking, I would have told you to stop by my bar. I was pouring drinks like 3 blocks away from you. That, or I would have joined you when I got off at 9:30.

Yeah, those 3 for 1 deals are awesome, if you manage it right. Otherwise they can get you in trouble. The Cigar Factory stuff is pretty damn good, if a little pricey.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in our fine city and that you were able to appreciate some of our local smokes & libations. Next time you're down I'll adjust my schedule if I have to. Since I had just gotten back from vacation I didn't have much room to make requests this time.
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    i dont know you yet but welcome back madurofan
  • Options
    Damn scram, if I'd only known I would have definetly been at your bar. I was with a co-worker this time so it was difficult to kind of do what I wanted, next time I'll be there for 2 weeks by myself so we'll herf for sure.

I definetly enjoyed your city. Another great thing, get this everyone, you can smoke a cigar in the bar without any complaints! I was in heaven, if the wife would ever go for it I'd look for a permanent gig there.

Side note scram how did you fair through Katrina? Everyone I met had horrible stories and I couldn't believe how bad some area still were. I talked to one girl who was from some small town in MS that had 100% devastation. The town doesn't even exist anymore, unbelievable. Anyways I just couldn't believe it was still like that in some places and it all really hits home when you're talking face to face with someone who is telling you how the were homeless for months or had to move to Michigan to stay with family or trapped in their house for two weeks. Unbelievable stuff.
  • Options
    I moved here almost exactly 1 year ago, just in time for the 2nd anniversary of Katrina. A lot has improved in just the last year, but there is still a lot left. I attended the City Council Recovery Committee meeting this afternoon (for my day job), and aside from bickering between two city departments, the main issue was how long it still takes to issue contracts. I too was shocked by the stories of people being stranded for days (or weeks), having to cut their way out of the attic, etc. I can't really imagine what that must have been like.

As for smoking in the bars, it is pretty cool. I have gotten some nasty looks from bartenders when I light up a cigar though, and I know of at least one place that allows cigaretts, but has signs reading "Please no cigar smoking", it would be a really cool place otherwise. My property doesn't allow smoking anywhere in the building unfortunately.
  • Options
    Now that you say that I seem to remember you saying it somewhere before. The stories are unbelievable, I just kept thinking.... "is this really the US?".

I'm all for the business owners that choose to be smoke free, thats their right. I appreciate going into a smoke free bar, some nights you just want to have nice bourbon without all the smoke. Anyway no one messed with me on bourbon I walked into just about every bar with a cigar.
  • Options
    in germany the recent smoke free laws regulating it in a private buisness were deemed unconstitutional according to their constitution. I hope this "progressive european thinking" finds its way over here.
  • Options
    For once I like this "progressive european thinking"
  • Options
    i know, even the french are becoming less crazy.
    ...dont get me wrong they are still a bunch of weenies but still any improvement will be taken.
  • Options
    Wait are you sure they're actually becoming less crazy and it isn't that our country is becoming more crazy?
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Wait are you sure they're actually becoming less crazy and it isn't that our country is becoming more crazy?
    I think that is probably closer to the truth :P
  • Options
    Hey Smoke, hows fire season?
  • Options
    Smoke=Fire:
    madurofan:
    I think that is probably closer to the truth :P
    iduno.im less crazy then ever and i think france is moving to me. not me to them