Home Non Cigar Related

Kidney stone...not fun

So I guess that the title of the thread gives it away. I passed a kidney stone at about 01:30 yesterday morning, and I must say, what a truly awful experience. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. But all is well now, and all I can say thank God for Demerol!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Ouch. That is one thing I hope I never experience. Glad you're past the worst of it now.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better man!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I passed 19 in a 6 month period, I know your pain.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Man I thought I had one about 3 weeks ago, but I never go to the doctors so who knows.
    Hoping I dodged a bullet.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    ...Two words.... Cranberry Juice. That and lots of water. I'm sorry for you.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    cabinetmaker:
    ...Two words.... Cranberry Juice. That and lots of water. I'm sorry for you.
    None of mine were calcium based, they were all protein based. Allopurinol solved that problem (same stuff they prescribe for gout)...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i worked with a dude that had to get golf ball sized ones broken up into small pieces so he could pass them. they did it sonically. he was pissing blood for weeks though.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    i worked with a dude that had to get golf ball sized ones broken up into small pieces so he could pass them. they did it sonically. he was pissing blood for weeks though.
    This sounds like perhaps the worst experience one could possibly have...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the funny part was how freakin high he was for a month. painkillers and all
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    smbrink:
    So I guess that the title of the thread gives it away. I passed a kidney stone at about 01:30 yesterday morning, and I must say, what a truly awful experience. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. But all is well now, and all I can say thank God for Demerol!

Ohhh Yeahhhh ...I passed one at work about 2-3 weeks ago ...holy crap what pain !!!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    A year ago last December I had one. God damn, what a miserable experience. Went to the hospital, and the idiot who was putting in the IV missed the vein. It was a whole night of fun. If I ever see that guy again I'm going to punch him in the face.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've never passed a kidney stone *Knock on my wiener"