Home Non Cigar Related
Options

How's it going?

So how is everyone? I haven't been around for some time...still lurk from time to time, but haven't done any posting or trades since back in the early fall.

It has been crazy busy for me. My wife quit her job and started back to school full time, so that leaves me to watch our son in the evenings. I've also rekindled an old passion...playing guitar. I had sold off my old gear several years ago, but back in the fall I decided to give it another go. I've been practicing about an hour a night and slowly relearning and having a blast with it.

I can't smoke inside and it has been too cold to step outside...I'm really hoping we can get a couple days of some semi-warm weather soon so I can enjoy a good smoke soon.

Anyways...now that spring is getting nearer I'll be around the boards more and probably get in on some trades or passes again soon.

Comments

• Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Hiya pal! Glad to see you back. Life tends to slow things down a bit around here, but it's great to here that you've been getting back in to guitar!! I can't go a day with out picking my fender!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hey don't know you but from one BOTL and axe slinger to another. Hello....
    What kinda guitar did you get?
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    stephen_hannibal:
    I've picked up a couple actually....a new '09 mim strat, an Agile Les Paul copy, a cheap acoustic, and a Squier tele custom. I had the option to get one really nice guitar or spend that same amount on a few decent guitars....I chose the latter. Running through a Fender Super Champ XD or Roland Microcube depending on if the kid is sleeping or not.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    speaking of guitars... I know how you can get a couple picks for cheap...

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    brc81:
    stephen_hannibal:
    ....I had the option to get one really nice guitar or spend that same amount on a few decent guitars....I chose the latter....

I do this too. Sounds like you have some cool stuff. So far my modest collection includes:
    A Mexican Standard Fender Stat
    03 (I think) Gibson SG Special
    Yamaha FX 335 (just noticed it was missing two weeks ago)
    And a Schecter C1+
    Crate V33-212
    Crate GFX120
    and too many pedals to remember.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Hey, welcome back. Hopefully nice weather is rolling in tomorrow and I may be able to sneak in a robusto tomorrow.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Fourtotheflush:
    Hey, welcome back. Hopefully nice weather is rolling in tomorrow and I may be able to sneak in a robusto tomorrow.
    I'm thinking the same thing. I heard on the radio on my way home from work that they are predicting it to be in the 40s all weekend. I should be able to get outside for at least one or two good smokes.