Home Non Cigar Related

Crap... Got called for Jury duty next week...

Usually would not mind... but im rolling out new software at work... and stuff is gonna burn without me there...

Maybe i'll get booted from jury duty if light up a cigar during the selection process.... :)

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Usually would not mind... but im rolling out new software at work... and stuff is gonna burn without me there...

Maybe i'll get booted from jury duty if light up a cigar during the selection process.... :)
    Honestly... Just show them this forum and that you are an active member here...

I'd say that'd be an INSTANT way out of jury duty due to mental stability
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Another suggestion, do like the people in the New York subway, and show up in your underwear. That will get you an early dismissal.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    When i get the letter for jury duty in the mail, i throw it away. they can't prove i ever got the letter as it's not sent certified.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I show up and ask "who's the guy we're frying?"

Showing up in underwear would do the trick too, but not your good undies, wear the "laundry day" ones....
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    My dad got called about a year ago for a murder trial. They asked him what he thought about the death penalty. His comment, "I don't want to do it, but I feel I owe it to him." He was thrown out immediately.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had it just this week. Called the night before and it was canceled so maybe you will get lucky too.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    I got a letter once, and was supposed to call and find out when to be at the courhouse. I forgot because I'm terribly absent minded and easily side tracked. Anywho, I hope the Saints win tomorrow.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I just dodged it, had to call until they said the jury got picked, didn't even have to go in. If you do wear a tinfoil hat and nothing else.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do get called, remember, it's a very simple concept. If they weren't guilty, they wouldn't have been arrested! Just kidding!
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I heard that you hate everybody. Just say that.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    You know I've been called to do it twice in 3 years.
    I made the mistake of telling my boss early,
    he amended the schedule so I had to make up the day of work.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    My wife got called and she had it postponed because she had some important work stuff going on. Then they forgot about it so it all worked out in the end.
    Thewelder:
    Did I miss something? It's just an old police joke. Actually, I tend to like just about everybody.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    Thewelder:
    Did I miss something? It's just an old police joke. Actually, I tend to like just about everybody.
    No its just something my friend always jokes about saying. I'm guessing it won't actually work
    Sorry, I guess I did miss what you were saying.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I got picked for Jury duty once, not only did I get picked to sit on a 1 trial, I had to sit on a 2nd! It was an experience...as we're about to go in the baliff says "If something happens in here, whatever you do, stay in the jury box". We were all looking at each other like WTF is about to happen? Once I saw the defendant...I understood....2nd trial we sent the guy to prison for 25-30 years....damn trial was shorter than the deliberation cuz this one guy just couldn't understand the charges the judge gave the jury....we literally had to come back into the courtroom and had the judge read the charge 4 freaking times! God it took forever. Oh well, it was an interesting experience to say the least...too bad my normal out didn't work this time "I listen to conservative talk radio.." usually get dismissed right away after that.

"Long ashes my friends."

• TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I've served three times. The last time they didn't choose me as I referred to the cops as "a bunch of ****". I really don't think that, I was just having a bad day and a few of the overly zealous cops popped into my head. I kept giving blatently honest answers to the questions, both teams of lawyers and the judge were grinning ear to ear.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Selection process this morning... and I got picked!!! lol.

Trial starts tomorrow, should only last a day. Seems interesting.
    NYHCx516x:
    Selection process this morning... and I got picked!!! lol.

Trial starts tomorrow, should only last a day. Seems interesting.
    After all the creative ways to avoid jury duty provided by the esteemed members here, you still got picked ! I have no faith in the Justice System.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    I went with laying low. Wasnt REALLY looking to get out of it. Looks like an interesting case, I dont miss any pay, cause my job pays me for the time anyway. So... wont be too bad.
    I know what you mean NYHC.. I got seated on a Jury over the summer. Since I am a state employee, I got paid for the week, it was an interesting experience, I was glad to be a part of the Judicial system, and would do it again.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I got my notice for jury duty in march.