Options

Email sweepstakes

How and when are the winners announced?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I have rarely heard of anyone win on these forums, but I know of ONE person that did...

They basically emailed him out of the blue about it and then he posted it on here...
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Lasabar:
    robbyras:
    I have rarely heard of anyone win on these forums, but I know of ONE person that did...

That winner was me.

Basically,  they send you an email and ask that you optionally send them a picture of yourself with your 'wining smile' and what your favorite cigar is. I suppose if you sent them a picture, they'd put it on their site and catalog.

I was too lazy to take a pic of myself, so I just decided to announce it myself on the forums.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    What was the prize that time ?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    kaspera79:
    He got the red-label package of these: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=20
  • Options
    kaspera79:

It was a free 3 month subscription to the Cigar of the Month Club. February will be my final month.

I must say, its a damn fine service. I'm probably going to get a 1 year subscription as soon as I can afford it. I got a few sticks that I really like (Gurkha Centurian), a few sticks that I really wanted to try (Don Pepin Cuban Classic, Padilla 1932, and Oliva Master Blends III), and a few I would have never tried without the subscription (Padilla Miami, Sol Cubano Artisan, and the Graycliff 1666).
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    kaspera79:

It was a free 3 month subscription to the Cigar of the Month Club. February will be my final month.

I must say, its a damn fine service. I'm probably going to get a 1 year subscription as soon as I can afford it. I got a few sticks that I really like (Gurkha Centurian), a few sticks that I really wanted to try (Don Pepin Cuban Classic, Padilla 1932, and Oliva Master Blends III), and a few I would have never tried without the subscription (Padilla Miami, Sol Cubano Artisan, and the Graycliff 1666).
    So what did you think of that Graycliff 1666??

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    MAJORdorMo:
    kaspera79:

The flavors weren't bad, but I had to baby it. If you don't take a puff every 30 seconds or so it goes out. I was reading while I was smoking it, so I'd often let it sit for 90 seconds and it would go out.
  • Options
    beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    Krieg:
    MAJORdorMo:
    kaspera79:

The flavors weren't bad, but I had to baby it. If you don't take a puff every 30 seconds or so it goes out. I was reading while I was smoking it, so I'd often let it sit for 90 seconds and it would go out.

What he meant to say is that it was terrible, he just didn't know how to put it into words! ;-)

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    The 1666 is actually a pretty nice smoke, but you have to let it sit in the humi for a few months.
  • Options
    beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    The 1666 is actually a pretty nice smoke, but you have to let it sit in the humi for a few months.

The rest of mine will sit there for a very, very long time...no need to worry about that.