Home General Discussion
Options

Shipping insurance

Just got done ordering some Tempus' on the daily deal and noticed that I'm being charged shipping insurance? Never seen this before and don't really like it that much. Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I have been charged shipping insurance when my sticks are being sent to an APO. It's a couple of bucks. No big deal.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I just purchased the Tempus and I was charged insurance also. It was only $1.80. This isn't the first time I have had to pay the insurence though, and with the free shipping I don't really mind.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    whats up with the insurance?? I've never paid that before....wonder if it's a hidden price hike or something.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    it may be because of the availability of these sticks is far less than say a RP product or 5Vegas product and because of that, if there are any customer satisfaction issues regarding the product when it arrives from shipping, they have a way to go back to the shipper and not lose their butts in refunds or returns.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That is interesting, I have never been charged that I know of.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I don't know I put my order in through by emailing The Beard and I wasn't charged the insurance.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    I don't know I put my order in through by emailing The Beard and I wasn't charged the insurance.
    That is because The Beard already knows it will arrive there safely. Your mailman is scared of him and will not fail.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    yep thats what I did, Tim took very good care of me No Taxes or insurance.. Just good Sticks and Speedy Service.
  • Options
    24footjet24footjet Posts: 132
    My next question...seems if you call Tim and get no fee...and I think anyone can do this, I don't think it's a good guy deal... why with the nickel and dime stuff? Now I'm not real concerned with the 2 bucks that just went down the drain, but the principle of the thing. I would rather the cigars be priced 2 dollars higher and no shipping insurance charge...I think we all know that "shipping insurance" is just a way to make a couple extra dollars. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see this anywhere else.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Maybe it's a glitch. Call to find out.
  • Options
    24footjet24footjet Posts: 132
    Well I made a call and they corrected it. Thanks Jeff.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Guys, from time to time we do charge insurance for USPS but it looks like it is happening more often. Rates are returned by the post office so we will look into it right away. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and if we can find a way to do with out it, we absolutely will, I just need to investigate.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Thanks for the update and letting us know what's up
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Wanted to relay more information to our customers for added clarification. Because of delivery problems and lost packages with USPS, we are in a postion where we have to charge insurance on our regular shipments using USPS in order to keep it as an option for our cusotmers. However, in instances where we are offering free shipping such as when you buy 2 or more Daily Cigar Deals, there will be no charge for shipping or insurance and will be completely gratis. All cusotmers pay for is the cost of the daily deal. We are implementing any needed changes as I write this. Thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    Wanted to relay more information to our customers for added clarification. Because of delivery problems and lost packages with USPS, we are in a postion where we have to charge insurance on our regular shipments using USPS in order to keep it as an option for our cusotmers. However, in instances where we are offering free shipping such as when you buy 2 or more Daily Cigar Deals, there will be no charge for shipping or insurance and will be completely gratis. All cusotmers pay for is the cost of the daily deal. We are implementing any needed changes as I write this. Thanks for your patience.
    Just wondering if you guys have looked into having the packages tracked instead of applying insurance. It may be a cheaper way to go then insuring a package and it would let you and the customer know where and when a package should be delivered. Up here in Canada I think it costs a buck to have a package traceable.