Cigar Urban Legends

2»

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Kamelyon:
    sightunseen:

Urban Legend #1: Darker cigars indicate a higher strength.

Not necessarily. Darker cigars (like maduros) simply indicate that the wrapper has gone under additional fermentation, which results in a darker color. The body of a cigar is determined mostly by its filler.

I agree with this, but would like to know how many maduro cigars that you have smoked that were not at least medium-full? And if there is a secret underground society of mild maduro cigars, let me know!
    I've had the Cu-Avana Maduro, which was a mild cigar. In fact, it was a bit too mild for my tastes.

You're right about the underground society, you just need to know the secret handshake.

Montesino by A.Fuente. Mildest maduro I've ever had.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    sightunseen:
    Kamelyon:
    sightunseen:

Urban Legend #1: Darker cigars indicate a higher strength.

Not necessarily. Darker cigars (like maduros) simply indicate that the wrapper has gone under additional fermentation, which results in a darker color. The body of a cigar is determined mostly by its filler.

I agree with this, but would like to know how many maduro cigars that you have smoked that were not at least medium-full? And if there is a secret underground society of mild maduro cigars, let me know!
    I've had the Cu-Avana Maduro, which was a mild cigar. In fact, it was a bit too mild for my tastes.

You're right about the underground society, you just need to know the secret handshake.

Montesino by A.Fuente. Mildest maduro I've ever had.

I felt that the Maduro Stubbies were a nice mild to medium cigar even though they claim medium. Strictly my opinion though.
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    cigar urban legend number whatever....." My cousin works in the magical cuban cigar factory, and he smuggled these cigars out, thats why you can get them for so cheap" ...lol then you pull off the label, and it says dutch masters underneath
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    nightmaremike31:
    bbc, you're like lightning man!

Don't forget the full body shots!!

I'll take a box of each ...err...wait a minute ...I meant ...never mind ...
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Still surprised that noone has asked for these to be sent for evaluation...(usually if someone has a problem cigar...someone will ask them to jokingly ask for it to be sent to them for a second opinion...)
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Hawk55:
    Still surprised that noone has asked for these to be sent for evaluation...(usually if someone has a problem cigar...someone will ask them to jokingly ask for it to be sent to them for a second opinion...)
    I did my evaluation. Good construction with a tight ash. The wrapper was a nice tan color and was smooth with no wrinkles or other cosmetic defects. Flavors were pleasing to the palate, with a medium body.

I've got pages of this stuff, I can go on all day.
  • Options
    I recently received an email mailing from some web site...stating that this is actually advised to get an early taste of the cigar and prepare it for cutting....(the cite is actually a competitor for our guys)
  • Options
    Hey man, you know how tastes differ...I would also like to give it my...sry...2 cents worth. Please forward them to me for eval...LOL