Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Rolling

I stopped back in to the cigar shop I have been buying at this week and the guy took me over to another area and let me watch a woman rolling cigars.....very interesting to watch the process, he gave me 4 of them she even let me choose what sizes I wanted....Shop is on the main drag in Cabarette for anyone travelling, excellent selection and quality....guy searched out brands I wanted that he didn't have stock and got them to me, place is called Guaro Cigar Shop (close to Jose O'shea's), ask for Gary and tell him tall Steve from Canada sent you over and he will more than take care of you!

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i know a guy that has rolled his own. he says the hardest part is the cap.

id love to give it a try.

he is teaching me about being a Tobacconist. (sp?) i dont think ill actually take the test to become a certified Tobacconist, but its fun learning a bunch of the stuff.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ihe is teaching me about being a Tobacconist. (sp?) i dont think ill actually take the test to become a certified Tobacconist, but its fun learning a bunch of the stuff.

You're probably already aware of the "Tobacconist University" website, right?

Marty

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I would love to learn how to roll cigars. Too bad there aren't any cigar rolling events in my area.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed the Tobacconist U site for a good while now. This summer I plan to go a little "leccia" on some cigars.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    is this a pre req for becoming a consultant or a worker in the industry? I'd like to work or own a shop. My local shop can't hire right now, but it would be truly great to smoke all day and talk cigars.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    is this a pre req for becoming a consultant or a worker in the industry? I'd like to work or own a shop. My local shop can't hire right now, but it would be truly great to smoke all day and talk cigars.

AND get paid for it!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    kuzi16:
    ihe is teaching me about being a Tobacconist. (sp?) i dont think ill actually take the test to become a certified Tobacconist, but its fun learning a bunch of the stuff.

Marty

oh yeah. he is certified through them. he is actually working on being a "master tobacconist"
    if he makes that, he will be one of two in the world.
    he teaches me a lot.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    jlmarta:
    kuzi16:

Marty

oh yeah. he is certified through them. he is actually working on being a "master tobacconist"
    if he makes that, he will be one of two in the world.
    he teaches me a lot.

Would you say you are an "tobacconists' apprentice"? And can an apprentice have their own apprentice?