Home General Discussion
Options

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
I GOT A JOB!!!!!
Maybe I should've posted this in the Non-Cigar Related section, but I didn't wanna!!!

I've been out of work since January 2nd, 2009 after being laid off from a job I loved and was good at. It's been a hellova year, having to sell off assets just to pay bills because unemployment was falling short. Despite good qualifications, interviews have been few and far between. Went to an open interview back in December, and was called for a second interview this past Saturday the 16th. Sunday, they called me and told me they went with someone else. Today, my unemployment has run out, and I'm filling out applications. As I'm filling out the one I pushed to last - McDonald's - I get a phone call.... The other guy didn't work out, and they want me to start tomorrow, full-time, at the maximum of the pay grade. It's a job I'm gonna love, paying good money with benefits, and maybe a 15 minute commute..

Praise the Lord! And thank you to all of you Brothers that have shown such friendship to me these months that I've been a member, and I appreciate the many friendships I've made. I look forward to an awesome year being a part of this group, and trying many new cigars!!!
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Great news hays.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    that's fantastic news bro, just fantastic!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Hays, this has been an excrutiatingly tough year for a lot of people, myself included. I was lucky to get a job and now it looks as the luck has passed on to you as well. I'm sure that this is a blessing for you and your loved ones. Congratulations!!!!! What is it that you do exactly? anyhow, tell us what cigar you choose as your celebration smoke
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Congrats bro...have a nice celebratory smoke
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    congrats.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallelujah, Dude!! Great news. Congratulations and may all the gods of prosperity shine down upon ya!

Marty

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    CONGRATS!!!! Wow, that has to feel great. Now, just because you are going to be making the big bucks, don't go and spend all your money at once. . . like this place.

Just kidding. Pay off all your bills, get your girl something nice, then call The Beard.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news. You deserve to get a big break like this!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! You are still expected to keep up your posts at the same pace. LOL

Seriously, the most important thing you said is that it is a job you'll love. That makes all the difference in the world. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Congrats on the great news!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    That is wonderful! Always great to hear good news about a BOTL on here! Congrats!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the congrats. I already know what my celebratory stick is - I've been saving it for quite a while. I can't mention it here, but suffice to say it's an appropriate stick and I owe Evan (Ejenne87) for it from way back when. I'll probably get into it on Friday, or maybe Sunday...not sure right now when I'll have the time to sit down with it, but it'll be soon for sure.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Congrats Hays
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Hays ...... now maybe you wont be so hostile and aggressive anymore
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Far Out Hays and it was goood to be part of the Intial Anouncment in the BB CCOM Chat Club!~ We are Having Fun. Let me know when We can Burn one down in my Man Cave to Celebrate. !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Congrats man!

As much as you build up your qualifications, we all know the truth. Tim's Beard had a talk with their HR, right? It's ok, you can tell us what really happened. Sometimes you gotta call in the big guns, you know?
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Congrats man!

As much as you build up your qualifications, we all know the truth. Tim's Beard had a talk with their HR, right? It's ok, you can tell us what really happened. Sometimes you gotta call in the big guns, you know?
    LOL oh that was good!!

Congratulations Hays!! That's a damn long time to be out of work AND survive. Congrats!!
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    My Brother I am truly happy for ya ! Gods lookin' out for ya
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hey man, that's fantastic! I am very happy for you. Congratulations, now go have a smoke and celebrate!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude that's awesome.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Congrats Hays. Way to stick it out.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Hays...that's very cool man! Congrats!
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Hells yeah. Glad to here about the turn of luck man
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Same here man, congrats on the job and PM me a a favorite cigar that you like.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Congrats, Hays. I didn't know you've been out of work for that long, it must have been a challenge. In your honor, I'm going to burn a stick tonight.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Congrats man! That's great to hear. It's nice to hear that a fellow BOTL got a job.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, brother. Getting a job in Cali's economy is quite an accomplishment. You should be proud.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Congrats.! I own my own business and I know how tough its been the past few years. Very happy for you. Definitely a good reason to have a special stick!!!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Glad to hear the good news.....now how was the smoke?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congratulations to the Hays man ...hope you love it !