Home General Discussion
Options

RP I-Press

Ok since they have a special going, I was wondering what people thought of this smoke. I have had both of the Vintages and the Edge, the 92 is great. So how does this one stack up compared to those. Any advice...

Comments

• Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Personally I think it blows everything else out of the water, but then I'm a big Rocky fan...the only thing that I don't like is the way its boxed pressed...and I'm so looking foward to the Decade when it comes out...hurry up Cigar.com when it comes in my order will be in too
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    Ok since they have a special going, I was wondering what people thought of this smoke. I have had both of the Vintages and the Edge, the 92 is great. So how does this one stack up compared to those. Any advice...
    I really enjoy most of the Patel cigars, but have no interest in trying this one. If one comes my way through a sampler of fellow smoker I will try it but probably won't pick one up on my own..
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Markbb:
    Personally I think it blows everything else out of the water, but then I'm a big Rocky fan...the only thing that I don't like is the way its boxed pressed...and I'm so looking foward to the Decade when it comes out...hurry up Cigar.com when it comes in my order will be in too
    The Decade is an AWESOME smoke!!! I found some at my local shop and I was VERY impressed! I agree totally that once ccom gets them in I'm gonna be placing my order!!!
  • Options
    sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    the I-press intriges me ... i love the vintage 92 its one of my favorite smokes... the i-press sounds like it may blow it a little out of the water... anyone try em both got something to say about it... PS what is this decade i hear of and where can i get me one?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have an I press. still cant figure out how im gunna cut that thing. its amazingly flat.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually smoked this yet? I keep looking at it thinking it has to have a tight draw.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Somebody put up a review on this recently.. they said it was excellent, although I seem to remember them saying that the shape was annoying.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Hell, I started the post and almost forgot about it. I'm about to buy the Friday special and I saw this thread. So I think I may grab both deals...most will just sit in my humi while I am back in Iraq. I will need to start a couple of Tuppadors so my wife can put them in there when I make orders. Although I explained a tuppador to her, she thinks its trashy and 'redneck' and would rather buy me a new humi. I had to explain that I would rather spend the money on smokes, she still didn't get it. Oh well, atleast she doesnt mind me smoking stogies.
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    I've smoked the Ipress and bragged about it here, and the shape is strange to say the least the pull on the cigar is really good, I just use my cutters and cut and smoke..
  • Options
    kohnhedkohnhed Posts: 3

I bought 10 during a special and while they are good cigars, they are a little too pricy.

I love the Vintage 1990. The I Press is in the same vein.

Aging them a month or two doesn't really change the character or mellow them at all...they are good right out of the cello.

But until the price comes down a little, I won't be purchasing anymore.

• Options
    kohnhed:
    Aging them a month or two doesn't really change the character or mellow them at all...they are good right out of the cello
    most cigars wont change that much in a month IMHO.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    kohnhed:
    Aging them a month or two doesn't really change the character or mellow them at all...they are good right out of the cello
    most cigars wont change that much in a month IMHO.
    Well, I just ordered 3 along with the Friday special and a box of Oliva G Cams. I will smoke 1 of the RPs when I get them but the rest will sit in the humi for atleast 6 months with most of the Camachos and Olivas. Some will come with me back to Iraq. So they should get some decent time on them while I am gone.

This being my 3rd order with ccom, I was wondering how it works when part of the order is 'on order'. Will they send the stuff they have in stock or wait till they have it all to send it? My last order hasn't shipped yet and most of it wasn't in stck at the time. I emailed them but haven't got a reply yet so I am wondering what y'alls experiance has been. Thanks.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I haven't had that situation with an order, Andy, but more generally my experience has been that ccom is very customer service oriented. If you don't get a reply to your email pretty soon, call them up.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks, I will have to wait call them once I get home in a few days.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yes Andy, they will send what is in stock and ship the backorder when it comes in. I've had this happen once myself. I suppose you could request a hold until all items are in stock, not sure though.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Yes Andy, they will send what is in stock and ship the backorder when it comes in. I've had this happen once myself. I suppose you could request a hold until all items are in stock, not sure though.
    call em and ask to do that. those guys are great when it comes to service.
  • Options
    Well, actualy over night I received an email that it has been shipped which is what I wanted but it didn't state whether the whole thing or parts of it where shipped. I actually need as much of it as I can get while I am home so I take care of all of it when I'm there. I have another order to check on so I will be calling them when I get home anyways.
  • Options
    Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    madurofan:
    Has anyone actually smoked this yet? I keep looking at it thinking it has to have a tight draw.
    I just finished smoking this and the draw is perfect. The flavor is very nice. The only problem I had was it burned very uneven and went out completely in the middle. Other than that I found it to be quite a nice smoke. I got 3 when they were in the friday deal a few weeks back. I probably wouldn't pay the ten dollars that they are priced for singles.
  • Options
    Big Dean:
    madurofan:
    I just finished smoking this and the draw is perfect. The flavor is very nice. The only problem I had was it burned very uneven and went out completely in the middle. Other than that I found it to be quite a nice smoke. I got 3 when they were in the friday deal a few weeks back. I probably wouldn't pay the ten dollars that they are priced for singles.
    i bet that will even out a bit as it ages
  • Options
    RP IPress is fantastic! It's not often that i love shaped sticks, be they box pressed, perfecto of torpedo.... but in true RP fashion they've knocked this one out of the park. The press has a fantastic even draw and i wouldn't be supervised if this affect is in part due to it's shape and the various processes it goes through to achieve it.