Home General Discussion

Beads Issue

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
I recently got a 1/2 lb of beads for my humi to try becuase everyone seems to love them so much on here. While I don't doubt they work well, they take up too much damn room. I placed an order recently and my humi is packed! So much so, I had to take the bag of beads out to make more room. Does anyone have any thoughts on the tubes that have the beads in them? Are they the same? Do they work as well? I'm thinking they may be easier to place/fit along side the cigars instead of dedicating a "cigar robbing" area of my humi to a pouch of beads. I spent a lot of $$$$ on my humi and love it. I would have never thought I would run out of room though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    This statement is totally off topic, but I love your avatar. The Weber Smoky Mountain cooker is awesome. As for your beads, the tubes work fine. However, I don't use them. I have my beads encased in an aluminum case and so I just set it against the wall in my humi, doesn't take up much room at all.

"Long ashes my friends."

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The obvious solution would be get a bigger humi! LOL! But seriously, how bout putting the beads into a couple smaller panty hose bags. I use my divider to create a small space for my beads. Seems to work ok.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    This statement is totally off topic, but I love your avatar. The Weber Smoky Mountain cooker is awesome.
    Thanks. Thats the other thing I smoke.... Lots o' BBQ. There are very few places close to me to get AUTHENTIC Southern BBQ. So, over the past few years I've learned to "smoke". The funny thing is there is a board with guys as enthusiastic about the Smokey Mountain as we all are here about Cigars... I've learned a lot from them as I've learned alot here. The Aluminum case: I saw that on the Heartfelt site. Is that the same as what you have? Will it hold 8ozs.? (I feel 8 ozs. is what I need because my Humi is packed and in the winter here the rh drops like a stone).
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Krieg:
    This statement is totally off topic, but I love your avatar. The Weber Smoky Mountain cooker is awesome.
    Thanks. Thats the other thing I smoke.... Lots o' BBQ. There are very few places close to me to get AUTHENTIC Southern BBQ. So, over the past few years I've learned to "smoke". The funny thing is there is a board with guys as enthusiastic about the Smokey Mountain as we all are here about Cigars... I've learned a lot from them as I've learned alot here. The Aluminum case: I saw that on the Heartfelt site. Is that the same as what you have? Will it hold 8ozs.? (I feel 8 ozs. is what I need because my Humi is packed and in the winter here the rh drops like a stone).
    you have a PM.

"Long ashes my friends."

You have a PM
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    The tubes work great. Though with buying them you will have an extra half pound sitting about, because they come prefilled. I would highly recommend them
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    The tubes work great. Though with buying them you will have an extra half pound sitting about, because they come prefilled. I would highly recommend them

You can actually buy Empty Tubes from Heartfelt Beads and fill them yourself.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Take a prescription bottle or shot glass and put the beads in there.....If you do the pres. bottle, just take a drill bit and drill some holes in it....saves u some money
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    tankbonnies:
    Take a prescription bottle or shot glass and put the beads in there.....If you do the pres. bottle, just take a drill bit and drill some holes in it....saves u some money

...You clever man. Unfortunately I have a plethora of prescription bottles lying around, but now fortunately I'm going to use them for something even better than medication!!
    Thanks Gents..
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭
    tankbonnies:

I just took all my prescriptions at once to get rid of the pills so I would have somewhere to put my beads thanks for the advice...I will let you know how they..........