Home General Discussion

Cohiba Black or CAO MX2?

So, I had the chance to recently smoke both of these fine cigars in Orlando at Corona Cigar Company. I just can't make up my mind which one I liked better. The Cohiba Black was just a great, enjoyable cigar to sit down and relax. The MX2 was a little bit more complex, but still a great cigar. What are your opinions and if you had a chance to buy a box, which one and why? Thanks.

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I like both. Personally, I'd be more likely to go for the MX2, since they never have needed to take another name to add cache to their product. Just a personal thing.
  • Camacho Triple Maduro....
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am a HUGE fan of the Black.....I just scooped up a box of 25 in the DR....Supremo, sit back and she burns so nice..........
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    never had the cohiba black but I've had the MX2 in the smallest vitola - I like the MX2 and I am guessing I would like the Cohiba black as well but as far as price difference i would say that the MX2 would have to be the cheaper option between the 2
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    between the two? no account for price?

MX2 hands down.

then factor in the price and the cohiba black makes no sense to me.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

MX2 hands down.

Yarp! MX2 all the way.. MX2 boxes are usually on some deal or something, so before you buy one check around. Though I did like the black a bit more but for the price no way. If you really want a great cigar with loads of flavor along the lines of these two cigars, go with the camacho triple maduro.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The MX2 is one that I have enjoyed many times. Good burn and draw, Nice flavors of Dark Chocolate and coffee most of the way, and starts out smooth and almost creamy. But it turns oddly during the last third. It becomes bitter and much stronger, almost harsh and the creaminess goes away as well. The MX2s are like a Partagas Black in flavor if you have ever had that one. Worth a try for sure.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    kuzi16:

MX2 hands down.

Exactly. The MX2 is a really solid stick. The black doesn't do it for me, and then you factor in price.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    This thread makes me happy. The wife bought me a CAO MX2 ashtray for xmas alomg with 5 MX2 sticks. I cant wait to try 1 since everyone seems to really like them.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I keep adding sticks to my "pick these up" list, lol. Now the MX2 is on it.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    I just smoked one of these last night. It was pretty great, fresh from the B&M though and it had a couple minor burn issues. But they were al easily corrected, and the flavor more than made up for any issues anyway. The moral is, this was a great smoke, so pick up a few and smoke away!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    I just smoked one of these last night. It was pretty great, fresh from the B&M though and it had a couple minor burn issues. But they were al easily corrected, and the flavor more than made up for any issues anyway. The moral is, this was a great smoke, so pick up a few and smoke away!
    Dam the 2 of you....and everyone else for this thread. Another stick added to the list.
  • haywood5150haywood5150 Posts: 35
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    Dam the 2 of you....and everyone else for this thread. Another stick added to the list.
    I feel your pain...Everytime I'm on the board I add another to the list. I probably have enough to last me through the year. Just can't stop buying....HELP!!!!