Home General Discussion
Options

In your opinion, which cigar has that "classic" cigar taste?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
I was thinking about this question a while ago and went through a lot of the cigars I've smoked in my head, trying to decide which one best embodied that traditional, typical, classical cigar taste. I think it would have to be the Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Flor Fina, or the Perdomo Lot 23 Natural. What about all of you?

Comments

• Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Hey J...I will have to clear the smoke in my head...from the cigars I've smoked there before I can give a halfway intelligible response to that....(man what a picture that statement made...in my head) LOL
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to go with a R y J 1875 Bully or an H. Upmann Vintage Camaroon. They're both made in and out of Cuba.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Habano churchill gets my vote. The right smell, spice, and just overall presence.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I love the Padilla Habano but no one cigar can speak for all. The cigar that first screamed high quality to me was the Montecristo #2.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    I love the Padilla Habano but no one cigar can speak for all. The cigar that first screamed high quality to me was the Montecristo #2.
    That's funny because that was the first cigar I smoked and thought, DAMN, this is a great stick
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    ISOM Cohiba

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    "Classic" Cigar taste is subjective. Its highly doubtfl that anyone in here smoked a pre-embargo cuban so its hard to say what Classic is. We're basically going off of what other people have told us is "classical" or off of our own experiences with newer ISOMs. We're conditioned to think that todays ISOMs are classical but we don't really know that that's true.

If you trully want a classic American cigar go pick up a candela, Candelas are what most americans smoked prior to the cigar boom. JFK famuosly sent a secretary out and bought a boatload of of H. Upmanns the night before he signed the embargo. They were Candelas.

Anyways that said I think the nature of this question is what cigar best embodies the "classic" tastes as we've been conditioned to think they are. In that sense I have to say the Perdomo 1991 ESV. The segundos can be picked up cheaply and are just as good as the firsts. I highly recommend them.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    camgfs:
    ISOM Cohiba

I def. second this. I'm not really one for jumping on band-wagons, but this cigar was one of the first I smoked. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my short life, and it is the first and only thing that came to mind when I read the first post in this thread.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    ejenne87:
    camgfs:
    ISOM Cohiba

I def. second this. I'm not really one for jumping on band-wagons, but this cigar was one of the first I smoked. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my short life, and it is the first and only thing that came to mind when I read the first post in this thread.
    To my palate, the 5 Vegas Classic tasted very much like the ISOM Cohiba. And much easier to get!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    ejenne87:
    camgfs:
    ISOM Cohiba

To my palate, the 5 Vegas Classic tasted very much like the ISOM Cohiba. And much easier to get!
    you are exactly right. as soon as I thought more about this I decided that the 5 Vegas Classic is a pretty great "classic" cigar. I tend to have expensive taste, but I'll take a 5 Vegas Classic anyday. It's alwas a solid cigar with great taste.
  • Options
    I'll third the vote for a 5Vegas Classic. the right balance with the right amount of everything
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    mmmmmm...5 Vegas Classic...a very wonderful smoke!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i always thought the montecristo platinum was the classic cigar taste. iduno. never really smoked a "classic" cigar.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Classic makes me think of Partagas.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    looks like this is gonna be a *vote* thread... one vote per member... ill tally them up and update totals daily... winner announced next friday
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    BStayer:
    mmmmmm...5 Vegas Classic...a very wonderful smoke!
    and today's daily deal... stock up!