Home Ratings & Reviews

3 Cigar Sampler for $5

I just received and placed the 3 Cigar Sampler for $5 in my humidor today. It comes with:

5 Vegas Gold Robusto
Romeo y Julieta Viejo
Macanudo Hyde Park A

I never had any of these before since I just picked up the hobby a couple of months ago. Anybody that has had these could you give me your opinion.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The 5 Vegas and the RyJ are pretty good.
    The Macanudo... meh.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    not applicalbe to the thread and I apologize...Hannibal, why you change your avatar....looks like you're hiding in this one....
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hawk55:
    not applicalbe to the thread and I apologize...Hannibal, why you change your avatar....looks like you're hiding in this one....

Ohhh just unifying my online presence.
    Trying to have the same avatar for all my cigar forums....
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Who would put a Macadoodoo in with those two quality sticks. I would stay away from that vendor ;)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    capginyu67:
    I just received and placed the 3 Cigar Sampler for $5 in my humidor today. It comes with: 5 Vegas Gold Robusto Romeo y Julieta Viejo Macanudo Hyde Park A I never had any of these before since I just picked up the hobby a couple of months ago. Anybody that has had these could you give me your opinion.
    Sorry Maddy, these are all decent cigars, and a nice place to start for those new to the hobby. All mild and the Viejo may be closer to medium but don' be afraid of it. A good five dollar investment. I personally enjoy fuller/stronger cigars, but have smoked each of these and enjoyed them.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    That sounds like a good line up. I have yet to have the Viejo but have been itching to!

The 5 vegas gold is a great easy smoke as well as the Macanudo. When I first started I used to pick them up pretty often. Well, often was like every 2 months, but I often had a Macanudo as it was a rather easy, yet tasty smoke. Especially for the beginner. Without knowing a thing it worked out rather well.

My first humidor I picked up from ccom and a 10 cigar sampler. It was a promotional thing they had and it only cost $20 bucks! Give them a call and see if they could still do that for you. It was my ticket in to all of this madness.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Who would put a Macadoodoo in with those two quality sticks. I would stay away from that vendor ;)

I think Maddy was just foolin since the vendor is actually Cigar.Com for this deal... I hope.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    cool...thanks for the response...just wondered.
    nightmaremike31:
    madurofan:

I think Maddy was just foolin since the vendor is actually Cigar.Com for this deal... I hope.
    I was indeed fooling around, sheesh kas how long have you known me and you missed the mischevious wink at the end.

Macanudos are quality in the sense that they are handmade and are very consistent. They are also VERY mild and VERY bland which makes them good first time sticks but after that they lose any apeal from most of us.
    madurofan:
    nightmaremike31:
    madurofan:

I was indeed fooling around, sheesh kas how long have you known me and you missed the mischevious wink at the end.

Macanudos are quality in the sense that they are handmade and are very consistent. They are also VERY mild and VERY bland which makes them good first time sticks but after that they lose any apeal from most of us.
    I know Maddy, Macanudo is often the brunt of good natured jest here, but I seriously credit Macanudo with my early interest in cigars, so I defend them when possible. I don't smoke them much anymore since they are mild for my taste, but still hold a place in my heart as a good example of a quality cigar.
    kaspera79:
    I know Maddy, Macanudo is often the brunt of good natured jest here, but I seriously credit Macanudo with my early interest in cigars, so I defend them when possible. I don't smoke them much anymore since they are mild for my taste, but still hold a place in my heart as a good example of a consistent cigar.
    fixed that for you
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    I know Maddy, Macanudo is often the brunt of good natured jest here, but I seriously credit Macanudo with my early interest in cigars, so I defend them when possible. I don't smoke them much anymore since they are mild for my taste, but still hold a place in my heart as a good example of a consistent cigar.
    fixed that for you
    ... That too, thanks.