Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

NCAA Brackets

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Sight------I sent you the same thing in a PM, but we need the group ID#.....not just the group name.
  • Options
    As far as the rules Sight---I would just change the 1st and 2nd to be a little more even, because 2nd isnt too much at this point. For the college we did like a 60-40 split..........So (as of now) I would suggest 4 or 5 to the winner, and 3 or 2 to second place. If we get one more entry, it works out great with a 5 to 1st place and 3 to 2nd place split. Just my idea, but 6 to 1 seems a little unbalanced.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    I am SOO pumped for March Madness this year! Syracuse is unbelievable this season, they should be #1 in the country this week and they should have secured themselves a #1 seed in the tourny! Look out Kansas, 'CUSE is looking pretty unbeatable...
    Evan even bobby knight agrees with you on this one.
    It's nice to finaly get some love from announcers and the media. We 'CUSE faithful have dealt with a lot of hatred from the rest of the country for a LONG time. It's nice to tell someone I am a 'CUSE fan and not have them smirk, but instead nod with respect. I knew it was coming, some day, I just never thought it would take some middle of the road transfer turned All-American, a couple young point guards, a big-man that shoots like Shaq and 35 years of 20+ win seasons for it to happen.

Good luck to everyone and their teams. You will need it if you play Syracuse this year!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Sight------I sent you the same thing in a PM, but we need the group ID#.....not just the group name.
    Ah, my bad. Group ID # is 4798. I will also be posting it under the rules.
    Vulchor:
    As far as the rules Sight---I would just change the 1st and 2nd to be a little more even, because 2nd isnt too much at this point. For the college we did like a 60-40 split..........So (as of now) I would suggest 4 or 5 to the winner, and 3 or 2 to second place. If we get one more entry, it works out great with a 5 to 1st place and 3 to 2nd place split. Just my idea, but 6 to 1 seems a little unbalanced.
    Good point. Let's make it 5 to 2. I'll update the rules.
  • Options
    Sounds good sight---Now....GET ONE MORE PERSON HERE to makeit a 5-3 split....cmon CC board mates!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Sight....one last thing buddy-----Are you going to adjust the scoring at all??? The 16 and 32 points for the Semi's and Championship are pretty steep. I though we were doing what was listed on an earlier post??? If not, thats cool----just thinking 32 is pretty hefty, 20 or ever 25 is better with 15 or 14 for semis maybe---I dont know---you decide, Ill shut up now:)
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Hey Sight....one last thing buddy-----Are you going to adjust the scoring at all??? The 16 and 32 points for the Semi's and Championship are pretty steep. I though we were doing what was listed on an earlier post??? If not, thats cool----just thinking 32 is pretty hefty, 20 or ever 25 is better with 15 or 14 for semis maybe---I dont know---you decide, Ill shut up now:)
    So Yahoo gives me three scoring options:

The default option has the points double with every round (1,2,4,8...32 for the championship). Yahoo describes this as an option that weighs heavier with the later rounds. Of course, if you have a bad first round, you're pretty much screwed for the rest of the tournament.

The progressive option is just +1 points with every round (1,2,3,4...6 for the championship). Yahoo describes this as putting more weight towards the later rounds, so this may be a good choice if we want to keep things interesting.

The straight option is just 1 point per round.

Upon reviewing the options, I am partial to the progressive option. What do you guys think? Let me know so I can change the options.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I like the progressive one as well
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    sightunseen:
    Vulchor:
    So Yahoo gives me three scoring options:

The default option has the points double with every round (1,2,4,8...32 for the championship). Yahoo describes this as an option that weighs heavier with the later rounds. Of course, if you have a bad first round, you're pretty much screwed for the rest of the tournament.

The progressive option is just +1 points with every round (1,2,3,4...6 for the championship). Yahoo describes this as putting more weight towards the later rounds, so this may be a good choice if we want to keep things interesting.

The straight option is just 1 point per round.

Upon reviewing the options, I am partial to the progressive option. What do you guys think? Let me know so I can change the options.
    2 things:

First I never thought we would get Vulchor to shut up! J/K man

Second if you want it to be really tight, = excitement for the few teams that we have so far, just do 1 pt per round. Otherwise I'd say go progressive but it probably won't be as close.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I kinda like the progressive but iam down for whatever
  • Options
    I will keep this short for Sandman, LOL!!! I like the middle of the two options. Keeps it close, but gives some props from getting your later round matches right. Progressive is ok, but it could be a runaway. 1pt per round is lamost like a flip of the coin kinda----so I go in the middle of the two.......OR......Just let me win:)
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    As this is my first online bracket I may need a little hand-holding to make sure I don't mess anything up. Let me know if I am doing something wrong... Other than that, expect 'CUSE to run the table and be your new National Champion! (don't worry guys, second place still wins you some stogies!)
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    As this is my first online bracket I may need a little hand-holding to make sure I don't mess anything up. Let me know if I am doing something wrong... Other than that, expect 'CUSE to run the table and be your new National Champion! (don't worry guys, second place still wins you some stogies!)
    I recommend that you make sure that your bracket is completely filled out. In my first online bracket, I for some reason failed to choose the winner of the championionship game, so I was disqualified.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do I need to do to get in this? Long time reader with only a few posts, but I am into cigars, NCAA basketball and gambling so this fits me to a tee; I'll be in Vegas for the 10th year in a row for the opening two rounds (two weeks away). I don't know if you guys want to take a chance and let me play, but I can tell you, when I lose (and I probably will) I can guarantee to pay my debt. I have sent things out in the past (a humidor to a neewbie, no charge) and offered out other stuff as I love to see this hobby grow. If not, I understand and wish all the participants the best of luck.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    What do I need to do to get in this? Long time reader with only a few posts, but I am into cigars, NCAA basketball and gambling so this fits me to a tee; I'll be in Vegas for the 10th year in a row for the opening two rounds (two weeks away). I don't know if you guys want to take a chance and let me play, but I can tell you, when I lose (and I probably will) I can guarantee to pay my debt. I have sent things out in the past (a humidor to a neewbie, no charge) and offered out other stuff as I love to see this hobby grow. If not, I understand and wish all the participants the best of luck.
    I'm going to present this to the other players. My suggestion is that you get a couple of trades in before this game starts. Guys, what do you think?
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    bandyt09:
    I'm going to present this to the other players. My suggestion is that you get a couple of trades in before this game starts. Guys, what do you think?
    I'm okay with that. Or, have him ship a fiver directly to you before the start, to buy his spot.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    sightunseen:
    bandyt09:
    I'm okay with that. Or, have him ship a fiver directly to you before the start, to buy his spot.....

I say let him in, he has been around since 2008 and just offered his spare Oasis to Crank.
  • Options
    "let him play....let him play....let him play"
  • Options
    Goldy:
    lilwing88:
    sightunseen:
    bandyt09:

I say let him in, he has been around since 2008 and just offered his spare Oasis to Crank.
    I have no problem paying my fiver up front as I will probably have to send one out anyway, LOL. Send me a PM of the address I should send the sticks out to and they will go in the mail, probably the beginning of next week. Thanks for the vote of confidence Goldy. Goldy, PM me your address as well. Looking forward to sending out the sticks to get in the game.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Goldy:
    lilwing88:
    sightunseen:
    bandyt09:

I have no problem paying my fiver up front as I will probably have to send one out anyway, LOL. Send me a PM of the address I should send the sticks out to and they will go in the mail, probably the beginning of next week. Thanks for the vote of confidence Goldy. Goldy, PM me your address as well. Looking forward to sending out the sticks to get in the game.
    Bandyt, I'm adding you to the player list and sending you a PM with the log-in info. If you are going to be sending Goldy something, do you want to just include your fiver as well? I'm sure Goldy will take gooooood care of it, haha.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    bandyt09:
    Goldy:
    lilwing88:
    sightunseen:
    bandyt09:

Bandyt, I'm adding you to the player list and sending you a PM with the log-in info. If you are going to be sending Goldy something, do you want to just include your fiver as well? I'm sure Goldy will take gooooood care of it, haha.

Why dont you send me your NCAA picks too so I can take care of those...
  • Options
    Goldy:
    sightunseen:
    bandyt09:
    Goldy:
    lilwing88:
    sightunseen:
    bandyt09:

Why dont you send me your NCAA picks too so I can take care of those...
    Dude, you do not want my NCAA picks, unless you want to lose.
  • Options
    Oops, quoted the wrong guy. Ya, I dont want your picks! I want the picks from the guy who lives in Vegas.
  • Options
    When is the bracket selection and when does the board close to choose teams online?
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    When is the bracket selection and when does the board close to choose teams online?
    Selection Sunday is 03/14. Brackets lock on 03/18, so please choose and finalize by 03/17.
  • Options
    Thanks for the inclusion into the game. I will send the fiver to Goldy the beginning of next week, however I will not enter into the game until Goldy confirms that he has received the package (buy-in) as I think that will be fair.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Thanks for the inclusion into the game. I will send the fiver to Goldy the beginning of next week, however I will not enter into the game until Goldy confirms that he has received the package (buy-in) as I think that will be fair.
    Glad to have you..... Welcome to the fun.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    A quick bump and a reminder for the participants to register your bracket. Let me know if you are having problems registering.
  • Options
    Almost forgot about this LOL
  • Options
    Registered. I have got to say I am pretty pumped to win a bunch of 5 packs! Let the smack talk begin.