Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Looking to upgrade my humi.......

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
I currently have a 50 count humi. I'm looking to upgrade to, at least, a 100ct humidor. Only problem is I don't have $200+ sittin around for one........

I'm not picky about look or design, just functionality...

If, by chance, any brothers on here has a 100ct or higher humi that they're not using anymore, I'd be willing to work a deal or a trade.

PM me if interested......
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    lilwing88:
    I currently have a 50 count humi. I'm looking to upgrade to, at least, a 100ct humidor. Only problem is I don't have $200+ sittin around for one........

I'm not picky about look or design, just functionality...

If, by chance, any brothers on here has a 100ct or higher humi that they're not using anymore, I'd be willing to work a deal or a trade.

PM me if interested......
    Have you thought about making a coolidor? It is inexpensive and so easy I even made one myself. It's not as fancy as some that I have seen but it gets the job done. You can look it up or just send me a PM and give you the info on what you will need. I always keep mine covered up with my favorite teams blanket so it looks like a foot locker or chest. Small and out of the way but great inexpensive way to hold more than 100 sticks depending on what size cooler you buy, steal, beg, or barrow.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    A coolidor is a great way to store lots of sticks for cheap. I can fit 150 sticks in mine easy.

You could also ask guys for recommendations for a decent 100-150 count humidor for under $100. ebay and several humidor websites sell anywhere from 100 count to 400 counts under $100. I just ordered one myself from ebay after a few guys said they were decent quality. It should arrive next week and I'll be able to add my input as well. As long as it seals well, I've got a lot more room for sticks.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind you that if you don't have enough room in your 50 count, you are making a horrible mistake to upgrade to a 100 count. You're going to need a lot more space - trust me. Go much bigger than you think you're going to need, cause if you are like any of these other crazy guys here, you will regret only buying a humidor that is just a bit bigger than your current one.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    A coolidor is a great way to store lots of sticks for cheap. I can fit 150 sticks in mine easy.

You could also ask guys for recommendations for a decent 100-150 count humidor for under $100. ebay and several humidor websites sell anywhere from 100 count to 400 counts under $100. I just ordered one myself from ebay after a few guys said they were decent quality. It should arrive next week and I'll be able to add my input as well. As long as it seals well, I've got a lot more room for sticks.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind you that if you don't have enough room in your 50 count, you are making a horrible mistake to upgrade to a 100 count. You're going to need a lot more space - trust me. Go much bigger than you think you're going to need, cause if you are like any of these other crazy guys here, you will regret only buying a humidor that is just a bit bigger than your current one.
    I've thought about a coolidor. But in this weather it's going to be really time consuming to put together. I don't have much indoor space to work with. So, I'd have to wait for warmer weather for that route. Plus, I kind of want something I can put on my dresser. The wife might not like a big Rubbermaid sittin in the bedroom.

Thanks for the size advice. You're right, I'll probably need at least a 150ct. I saw a really nice one at a B&M last night. A 200ct for $250 (plus 10% discount). I might just have to save up the dough and go easy on the sticks for a while.

I'm still open for any offers though......
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    TatuajeVI:

I agree with you on this one. If there is one thing I could do over it would be buying a larger humidor. I started with a 20 count filled it quickly moved to a 50 count and same problem. Now I have ziplocks and tupperdors all over the place as I figure out if I want to buy or build a new one. The more I think about it a coolidor is sounding better and better.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Couple of the guys on here bought this one link including me. You can't beat the price for how many it holds. And I haven't had any problems.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Couple of the guys on here bought this one link including me. You can't beat the price for how many it holds. And I haven't had any problems.
    Wow. Thanks. I might jump on that.....
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Krieg:
    Dang you Krieg I wish you would stop posting that link! Hahaha I'm just jealous of that thing as I really want it but don't want to spend the $$$$ for it. Too bad I built my coolidor before I saw that. Although it does look mighty sexy I think I'm still going to wait for Tat to build me a cabinet or walk in humidor. lilwing I say if you are feeling froggy just jump! Lot better looking & wouldn't take up that much space on your dressor.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    lilwing88:
    Krieg:
    That's the one I just picked up - should be here this coming week. I hope I have the same success with it that Kreig has. The seller has received good feedback from others here on this site, and so far the sale has gone smooth.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    In reading the specs in the ad, it says it is not all cedar lined and it doesn't say spanish cedar. Do you season it the same way and has it been holding RH for you? I suppose for the price, with free shipping no one should complain.
  • Options
    ChobaChoba Posts: 76
    Best of luck!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Dude...

Go bigger. I went straight from my 20ct to a 300ct, and i'm happy for now.. I got mine for $139 shipped from CheapHumidors.com, and I love it - it's gorgeous, and works excellently. Check out their Imperfects - great way to get a discount, and the 'imperfections' are virtually nonexistent.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Yup, what Hays said. I also got a humi from that vender and specifically the "imperfect" that he mentioned. Great humi with hardly any imperfections, may not have the greatest seal but totally functional and great price point.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    What are you doing with the 50 ct.? Looking to move it?
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    I was thinking about keeping it as a separate humi to try aging a few sticks......
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Fourtotheflush:
    I was thinking about keeping it as a separate humi to try aging a few sticks......
    Good plan that's why I picked up the 2 20 counts last week.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    lilwing88:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Did you get that pack I sent you yet?
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    lilwing88:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Did you get that pack I sent you yet?
    Just checked the tracking & it says it was sorted here in town & ready for delivery early this morning. Didn't see the postal carrier yet today so hopefully it will be there when I get home. I will keep you posted.....man I'm excited!