Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Alright help me out here guys.

I have this perfect spot in my humidor for a box of diesel's. I haven't ever had a diesel, but I have a feeling I would like them. What are your opinions? I mean a hundred bucks, for a box of diesels doen't seem bad at all. (I would be getting them from here). I generally like a fuller cigar. I have been geting more and more into the fuller flavor cigars. Should I pull the trigger, or hold off and wait a bit.

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you enjoy the smell and taste of burning hay I say go for it. Not a good cigar IMO but plenty of guys here love them.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm not crazy about the Diesel, but burning hay? haha, I gotta say I didn't get that. What I did get was a lot of hype and an underwhelming delivery. I'd really suggest grabbing a five pack and giving it a good try first before committing to a box, 30 cigars is a lot if you don't like the cigar (trust me, I know from experience.).
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'm not crazy about the Diesel, but burning hay? haha, I gotta say I didn't get that. What I did get was a lot of hype and an underwhelming delivery. I'd really suggest grabbing a five pack and giving it a good try first before committing to a box, 30 cigars is a lot if you don't like the cigar (trust me, I know from experience.).
    +1 a sampler to try it would be smart before you commit to a box. I have to say the first inch or so was like burning hay for real. It did develop into a a good cigar after that but it didn't impress me.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Basically, the Diesel encapsulates everything I love about a stick! I'd say definitely try a couple before committing to a box, but personally I plan on picking up a case... I have a few in my humi if you want to trade some? Send me a pm if interested.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Diesel is a great cigar that does very well with some rest. Ive got a bunch resting that will have about six months on them when spring smoking season opens up and plan on smoking most of them. They are a fuller bodied smoke as they are the Ruination blend witha Penn Broadleaf Maduro wrapper.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    They aren't a bad smoke, I have to admit with all the hype, i was kinda let down a little...but don't get me wrong, it is still a good smoke...ccom usually runs a dd on these every once in awhile...I'd pick that up before I commit to a box.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    If you do end up buying the box, let me know. I've been wanting to try them for a while. Maybe we could work out a trade.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Hays:
    Basically, the Diesel encapsulates everything I love about a stick! I'd say definitely try a couple before committing to a box, but personally I plan on picking up a case...
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts. Everyone has different tastes. To me, the Diesel was like smoking a delicious steak. Very different than any other cigar I've tried. I loved every minute of it. Sadly I've traded most of mine away cause I loved them so much and wanted others to try them, too. Need to buy more!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I get that a lot with new sticks and some old ones that I hear a lot about.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I had one sent to me with a good amount of rest time on it and I was blown away. Better than an LFD Double Ligero 660 and better than a Cask Strenght 2 in my opinion. Super full body smoke with a mellow feel. I nubbed it. I love them. I need to try a Ruination to see how it compares
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    It's a full bodied maduro with a solid coffee flavor and some spice. It's not a complicated smoke by any means, but what's there is great. I'm a big fan of coffee flavor, and maduros. If that sounds like something you'd like I'd recommend buying two sticks and trying it out. Personally I never commit to a box or even a DD without trying it first.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I liked them. They didn't blow me away or anything but they're tasty enough. I have a half dozen or so left from a Box split. I would / will buy another box.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Ditto. Did not live up to the hype. I have four out of the original five I got. I will rest those and see if they are any better later. Not bad just not great/did not impress.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    The diesel is an awesome smoke. I say buy, buy, buy! If you don't like them then I'm sure you would not have any problem trading them for something else.
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    wow, thanks a lot guys. I was expecting just a few replies. I really appreciate everyones thoughts and advice. I think I'll see if I can't trade Hays for some sticks. Thanks again guys. and lil wing, I'll definitely let you know if I get a box.
  • Options
    I've had 2 or 3 Diesels and I think they're fantastic. Not my favorite, but they're dang good cigars.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I thought they were great cigars.
  • Options
    taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    I too liked the Diesels and have bought several- I should probably just buy a box.