Home General Discussion

New Cigar.com Video - need your help (yes you!)

Comments

• nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    how about this...

can we get a quick 101 on how different nutrients in the soil change flavor, burn, leaf thickness, and color of ash.
    Oooooo, that's a good one. I just had flashbacks of when I worked in the garden center at lowes and was learning how all of the fertilizers and different soil additives affected the overall growth, colors and flavors of vegetables and what not. I can't believe I've never put the two together. Thanks Matt, for stimulating my thought process again. Now I've got some research to do...
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Krieg:
    Here is another question, We see Alex, Tim and even Kim sometimes... how come we never see Jeff in any of the videos?? It seems like he gets left out of everything!
    It's because Jeff is not real. He is a fictional character that The Beard made up to help cigar sales at CCom.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Krieg:
    Here is another question, We see Alex, Tim and even Kim sometimes... how come we never see Jeff in any of the videos?? It seems like he gets left out of everything!
    It's because Jeff is not real. He is a fictional character that The Beard made up to help cigar sales at CCom.
    The Beard is "the government"?!?!
  • dubiousmonk:
    What are some of your favorite meal(proteins,veggies,starches)/drink/cigar pairings?
    That's a great one!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    As the founder of the "Tim's Beard Post" I feel obligated to ask the question, "How many brushes does the beard destroy on a weekly basis." I mean, it has to be like combing pure muscle.

on a serious note, thanks for taking so much input from the forum. we feel it makes you a BIG step above the rest out there.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Hi Tim,
    This is a great idea! I would like to know what the Ccom is like, how big it is, and you guys have your own personal humis at work? If so, what's in them?

p.s. Thanks again for the Padron 45's. - Chris
    I'd like to know this as well.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    When you had that nasty rash what kind of cream did you use and how long did it take to clear up? (Did the little lady get it as well?)

Also, with recent talks about the Cuban Embargo being eased and tensions being relieved, what do you think will happen to the cigar industry if the Trade Ban is lifted?
  • Sandman1am:
    Krieg:
    Tat, It is true, I am not Jeff....I am typing under this account though. Truth be told about c.com, is that we are all robots downloaded with all kinds of amazing new technology. Q. what human could provide such a high level of customer service like us? Answer: no one....only robots! However, that changes nothing because we are the best of the best. Krieg, When you run 98.4% of the show much like myself....it is difficult to get away for the fun filled breaks. My job is not to do videos...it is to assist cigar crazies like all you fine folks, because to be honest...who else would you turn to. hahaha
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Not sure if someone has mentioned this, but a quickie tutorial on pairing cigars with drinks would be nice (eg - does a strong drink go with a strong cigar, or is it the other way around? Weak cigar/strong drink?) Also, why is scotch so often recommended with cigars? Is it due to tradition, or something about the drink itself?
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    The guys over at Revolution 262 recently posted a manifesto on their website discussing the injustices of over-taxation and the demonification of cigars in our communities and challenged everyone who reads it to stand up against this movement in our society. As senior and trusted leaders in this industry, is there anything that the guys at cigar.com can recommend that each one of us can do to peacefully challenge this movement that seems set to destroy our beloved leaf?
    clearlysuspect:
    The guys over at Revolution 262 recently posted a manifesto on their website discussing the injustices of over-taxation and the demonification of cigars in our communities and challenged everyone who reads it to stand up against this movement in our society. As senior and trusted leaders in this industry, is there anything that the guys at cigar.com can recommend that each one of us can do to peacefully challenge this movement that seems set to destroy our beloved leaf?
    Suspect you beat me to the punch.....I like this idea.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Or... NON-Peacefully.... There's a lot of gun nuts on this board.... *Evil Grin*
  • Lasabar:
    clearlysuspect:
    Or... NON-Peacefully.... There's a lot of gun nuts on this board.... *Evil Grin*
    Non peacefully sounds like a helluva lot more fun :)
    Lasabar:
    clearlysuspect:
    Who you calling nuts?
  • mobyallanmobyallan Posts: 69
    Thanks for having us be a part of this.

What is in your humidor now? (Cigar.Com inventory does not count) Type, Brand, Flavor, Inventory, amount, etc.

Thanks!

Moby

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    When you had that nasty rash what kind of cream did you use and how long did it take to clear up? (Did the little lady get it as well?)

Also, with recent talks about the Cuban Embargo being eased and tensions being relieved, what do you think will happen to the cigar industry if the Trade Ban is lifted?
    I spit my OJ all over myself when I read this.

"Long ashes my friends."

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Seriously, I will tackle the Alex & Relationships question.

I know tackling him may be a big task, but im a big dude, so Im not worried, maybe just pop out a shoulder or something.

Anyway, it appears that Alex is pretty tight with AJ Fernandez. Any chance of interviewing him again maybe on camera? On the phone?

Who else does Ccom have tight relationships with in the industry? Ive seen/heard Rocky on the shows before.

• just saw that the video posted and i cant wait to see it once i get out of class!!!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    just saw that the video posted and i cant wait to see it once i get out of class!!!
    I want a lifesize Alex Svenson cut out to sit at my table!
    Anyone else having trouble watching the video? It says it's loading but it never plays
    Nevermind; internet connection is just slow on my end
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    xmacro:
    Anyone else having trouble watching the video? It says it's loading but it never plays
    I just watched it. It was pretty funny. I was disapointed that they never addressed the Forum Blend question. Tim closes the segment out by thanking everyone for submitting a question but he never hit on the Forum Blends.

We were told these would be ready for ordering in January, and here it is past the middle of February and they still haven't even mentioned these ! :( I hope Tim will see this and maybe ask Alex for an update.
    Ah damn, I was hoping to hear about those too :( I guess The Beard didn't see fit to go into that
    xmacro:
    Ah damn, I was hoping to hear about those too :( I guess The Beard didn't see fit to go into that
    Yeah me too. Then right after I watched the video and figured out that there was no word on the Forum Blends I read that ClearlySuspect was sent some of the Forum Blends by Hays.

I got a feeling this is going to be a repeating theme until I find out about those damned things. ALEX??? HELP !!!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Don't know about anyone else, but I expected a little more from Alex.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Don't know about anyone else, but I expected a little more from Alex.
    Yeah, I know what you mean Kreig. He was a little stiff this morning wasn't he. Pretty quiet overall.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    It is obvious from the video that Tim is now just a symbiotic host for the beard and it is growing in stature and strength. It will soon completely overtake Tim and the beard will be doing the interviews.
  • i really wanted tim to pick his favorite Beard saying. that woud be funny. i would also like a cutout of alex to put up as halloween decorations and scare the little children ;)
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    No beard discussion was somewhat a downer but I am very happy for all the real questions he answered. Thanks Tim. Alex, you were pretty lame in this vid. Wake up next time
  • dennisking:
    No beard discussion was somewhat a downer but I am very happy for all the real questions he answered. Thanks Tim. Alex, you were pretty lame in this vid. Wake up next time
    ya. i forgot to thank tim for doin the Q & A. he did the best you can do with a partner that boring and lifeless.