Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Cuban Legacy

Full body,very little flavor and dry as a bone.
Not worth the price.......save your money.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st post just to hate on Gurkha. I don't think so. Excellent cigar for the price. It is actually better than some of their $20 sticks. I have an entire box of them and my friends keep asking for them. If it is dry as a bone you didn't properly care for it before you smoked it. You should put any left in your humi for a few months and revisit this one.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I agree with jsnake..... NO cigar should be "dry as a bone". I like the Cuban Legacy and will be recommending it to anyone as a cheap go-to. I picked up a box and I know that I'll be getting more down the road........................... as long as the price stays the same ;-)
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I agree with jsnake..... NO cigar should be "dry as a bone". I like the Cuban Legacy and will be recommending it to anyone as a cheap go-to. I picked up a box and I know that I'll be getting more down the road........................... as long as the price stays the same ;-)
    Thinking in terms of "alternatives," what do you think this cigar compares to?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm that's a tough one. I'd have to say it's very similar to the CAO La Traviata or a lighter version of the Ghurkha Signature 1887....... But I have a far from expert palette, so that's just my opinion.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    bm167:
    Not worth the price.......save your money.
    But the Robusto size ends up being $1.99 a stick for $40 a box... Dollar Menu of Gurkha AND I'm sure it's better than a pineapple white owl... maybe.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I bought a couple of these a little while ago and forgot about them, not expecting much. Tomorrow I'll have to try one. Thanks for the heads-up BM167!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    1st post just to hate on Gurkha. I don't think so.
    5,471st post, at least 1000 of them were just to hate on Gurkha Smile [:)]. I haven't had the Cuban Legacy and unless one finds its way into my humi by means other than me purchasing it, I never will try one.

Gurkha is a joke. I'm not one to taught reviews but you figure as much money as Gurkha throws out in advertising and there ridiculous price tags CA or CI would have at least ONCE given one of their thousands of different blends a 90 or more.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    jsnake:
    5,471st post, at least 1000 of them were just to hate on Gurkha Smile [:)]. I haven't had the Cuban Legacy and unless one finds its way into my humi by means other than me purchasing it, I never will try one.

Gurkha is a joke. I'm not one to taught reviews but you figure as much money as Gurkha throws out in advertising and there ridiculous price tags CA or CI would have at least ONCE given one of their thousands of different blends a 90 or more.
    How many times I gotta tell you, Gurkha is so good they don't need high ratings, jeez. Big Smile [:D]
    madurofan:
    jsnake:

Holmes it was his first post and he signed up just to get on here and make one post about how he hates Gurkha. To each his own and that is ok but c'mon. I don't care if you dog Gurkha but at least be an active member of the forum so I can appreciate your view like madurofan here.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    madurofan:
    jsnake:

Holmes it was his first post and he signed up just to get on here and make one post about how he hates Gurkha. To each his own and that is ok but c'mon. I don't care if you dog Gurkha but at least be an active member of the forum so I can appreciate your view like madurofan here.
    That was partially in jest. I agree no one should make their first post one that is bashing someone or something. But as for my feelings about Gurkha ....
    madurofan:
    jsnake:
    madurofan:
    jsnake:

That was partially in jest. I agree no one should make their first post one that is bashing someone or something. But as for my feelings about Gurkha ....
    It is all good brother. Just slide all your unwanted ones this way if someone sticks you with them. I know you won't be buying any.
  • bm167:
    Full body,very little flavor and dry as a bone. Not worth the price.......save your money.
    Pretty sure the dry as a bone part would be your own damn fault! Welcome to the forums :)
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    jsnake:
    1st post just to hate on Gurkha. I don't think so. Excellent cigar for the price. It is actually better than some of their $20 sticks. I have an entire box of them and my friends keep asking for them. If it is dry as a bone you didn't properly care for it before you smoked it. You should put any left in your humi for a few months and revisit this one.
    Agree with jsnake. These are great for the price. I don't see too many Gurkhas due to this. I always consider overall value when I'm looking for something new. I like this cigar at like this cigar at 4 to 5 dollars. I love it at 2. I have to like the cigar first, after that I consider how much it costs. I'm only willing to "shell out" for a show stopper. PS love that avatar!
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I split a box of these with lilwing88 and so far I have only had one. For the price, it is most certainly not a bad cigar! I usually don't like to buy into the Gurkha hype either as I have only ever had one Gurkha that I actually really enjoyed. With that said, this stick was not harsh, had a good bit of flavor and overall was very decent.

I am very glad to have more of these because to be honest, they will be great sticks to hand out to friends that don't smoke often or just want to mooch. They are a good medium body with a nice taste and a short finish. Basically....easy to smoke.

I'll try one again soon so I know what it is like with a few weeks on it, but overall I say these are well worth the price tag. I did the same thing with the Nica Libre's. I really enjoyed that cigar, it was tasty and more importantly cheap! So when I was asked if I had cigars for 10+ people at party I handed those out! It didn't cost me much and everybody loved them. So for an everyday, money saving cigar that isn't a white owl (because not everybody can afford those) this is a great cigar!