Home Cigar 101
Options

Can I put a box in a box ?

This is a dumb question I am sure but their are no dumb questions right ?
So I got a 3 pack of pre ban Camacho cubans. they come in a small box with a lid that slides over them with a water pillow in it.
Will they be ok if I put the box, lid on closed up W/out humi pillow of course, in my Humidor ?
same goes for like the Opus X that comes in the Tin of 3. Can I just put the Tin in the humidor or do they have to be out ?? I would assume that they can go in in the box because this is how they are in the B&M.
I just want someone with more experience to back me on this so I feel better :-)

Comments

• Options
    I see no harm in it. However the cigars are packaged when I buy them, that's how they stay when I put them in the humidor.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Leah Kauffman put her box in a box.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    This is how TONS of people do it. That's a big reason why I want a larger humidor. I want to be able to buy a box or special edition box set, and place them right in the humidor just like that, box and all.
  • Options
    taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    When I get a tin or box of cigars I place it inside the humidor as is and have yet to have any problems.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Absolutely if you have the room, put a box or coffin in the humi. Just take the water pillow out so it does not over-humidify your great sitcks!

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my humidors are not large enough.
    if it was i would do it just for the organization aspects.

im seriously thinking of buying a cooler. the only problem with that is that i would blow my budget every month till it was full.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    Absolutely if you have the room, put a box or coffin in the humi. Just take the water pillow out so it does not over-humidify your great sitcks!

... what about an old school full size "dracula" coffin for a humidor?!?!?!?! oh that would be so coooool!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16:

im seriously thinking of buying a cooler. the only problem with that is that i would blow my budget every month till it was full.
    And then you'd buy another cooler, as the cycle repeats :-D
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    kuzi16:

And then you'd buy another cooler, as the cycle repeats :-D
    true.... but i have other hobbies believe it or not.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Yep blow the budget ! thats me trying to fill this new one.....