Home General Discussion
Options

Hello (new member)

My name is Trent. I am a doctorate student in the med field and a musician. Over the years I have experimented with a cigar here and there, but recently (thanks to a close friend) I am becoming more and more of an enthusiast. My 31st birthday is around the corner, and to foster my interest, I was given a makeshift humidor and an assortment of cigars to enjoy, and so far I definitely have been, lol. Nothing quite like the relaxation it provides. Cigars are proving to be the best 'muscle relaxor' and 'mood stabilizer' I can think of.

While I am new to this I am very eager to see what is out there and try anything that sparks my interest.

Cheers - Trent

Comments

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Trent, welcome. Be sure your "makeshift" humidor is adequate before you risk your investment. Where do you call home ?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Trent. I have a question for ya. As a doctorate student in the med field, does that mean your goal is to become a physician? The 'med field' part is what's confusing me although I'll admit to being easily confused sometimes.

Marty

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to the BOTL!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    yo
  • Options
    Welcome, Trent. The hospital here outlaws tobacco of any kind anywhere on the "campus". Right. It's a Tobacco Free Zone. Maybe you can worm your way into the establishment, and in time convince the "powers that be" in the medical field in your area of the therapeutic value of a good cigar. In any event, best of luck to you and enjoy your stay here.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum. My son's name is Trent. Cool name.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Trent! Glad to have a new BOTL on the forum - good peoples around here, and lots of great input. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we don't bite!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums ...... and Trent be careful of Hays ...... i think he BITES and i heard he has rabies ............. LOL jsut kidding Hays .... but seriously watch out for Hays
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    Welcome to the forums ...... and Trent be careful of Hays ...... i think he BITES and i heard he has rabies ............. LOL jsut kidding Hays .... but seriously watch out for Hays
    LMFAO....aaaaaand then I see THIS one!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Hiya subsistent!! I'm mike, I'm an aries, I have long curly locks, big blue eyes and I'm Australian. I like long walks on the beach, the smell of the ocean, and wrangling dingos!!

and cigars!!
  • Options
    Welcome Trent. I was a musician more than I am now...(kids and what have you). I played Cello for 9 years and toured in a rock band as a lead singer (but didn't do both of those at the same time - should have though). I second the suggestion on making sure that makeshift humi is dialed in - don't wanna waste any $$. Check out the Cigar101 forums - lots of great information out there. If you can't find it - ask and any of these yahoos will help you - they've definitely helped me.

Welcome!

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Subsistent:
    My name is Trent. I am a doctorate student in the med field and a musician. Over the years I have experimented with a cigar here and there, but recently (thanks to a close friend) I am becoming more and more of an enthusiast. My 31st birthday is around the corner, and to foster my interest, I was given a makeshift humidor and an assortment of cigars to enjoy, and so far I definitely have been, lol. Nothing quite like the relaxation it provides. Cigars are proving to be the best 'muscle relaxor' and 'mood stabilizer' I can think of.

While I am new to this I am very eager to see what is out there and try anything that sparks my interest.

Cheers - Trent
    Welcome ! Kick Back and Enjoy the Ride! Peace, Ozzie
  • Options
    Tulsa, Oklahoma. But I travel a lot for music, so I live where I end up, lol.
  • Options
    I am actually a Pharmacy Doctorate student. Leaving the Pharmacy part out is a bad habit I have picked up over time. When you tell people you are in Pharmaceuticals some start asking for favors, lol.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Subsistent:
    I am actually a Pharmacy Doctorate student. Leaving the Pharmacy part out is a bad habit I have picked up over time. When you tell people you are in Pharmaceuticals some start asking for favors, lol.
    I spent many years as an unlicensed Pharmacist, and the proud owner of PDR's from 79-90 LOL I know what you mean! No longer in that profession thank god...... Smoke um if you got um!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, brother.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome Trent...grab a chair.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    What up Trent !
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I have 2 sister-in-laws that are PharmD's. great profession, congrats and welcome to the board. now get me some oxycodone....... j/k
  • Options
    taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    Hello Trent- welcome!!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trent, the reason I asked for clarification regarding your goal in the medical field is that if you were going to be a physician I was going to ask you what your answer would be if your doctor or insurance carrier asked you if you smoke. There was a thread going 'round a while back about whether a person (a BOTL, primarily) considered himself a smoker.

Marty

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Welcome Trent. Hangout and enjoy the view with a cigar.