Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Where Do You Plan to Retire?

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
We had the "When do you get to retire" thread, and I was actually talking with a close friend of mine a while back about when we retire. We were talking about getting houses next door to each other on a lake somewhere in the East Texas area so we have fishing and hunting and close enough to enjoy cigars on a daily basis. Anyone else have plans on where you want to retire and what you plan to do?

Comments

• Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    I want to retire somewhere warm. No more winters for me
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The desert....
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    badge54fd:
    Bring your ass down here to Texas. lol The more smokers we have in the neighborhood the better!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    My own private island (hey, you said where we want to retire; you never said it had to be realistic)
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Badge 54, someplace a heck of a lot warmer than here. The world's three greatest granddaughters live in Myrtle Beach and once we find out where one of my other son is going to spend the most of his time in the military, we'll pick a warm place between them.
  • Options
    Nicaragua of course... Or Florida.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    If I had my choice it'd be either California or Up Northern Wisconsin... either way I would want seclusion but easy access to all the amenities (i.e. groceries, hospital, gas etc) and I would want my neighbors to not be able to see my house, so either distance or TREES
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    stephen_hannibal:
    The desert....
    The desert sucks, I live in one. I'd love to retire somewhere where there is actually four seasons, not just a hot six months and a coldish six months.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Anywhere I have friends and fam. With that said, I really like having 4 seasons here in MN.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Where ever my kids end up. Hopefully that's Scottsdale.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    badge54fd:
    Bring your ass down here to Texas. lol The more smokers we have in the neighborhood the better!
    I'd love to retire to Texas! I hate it here in Chicago sometimes. Especially on a day like today with a foot of snow outside!

Convincing the wife will be hard, though. I'll start planting the seed now. Hopefully she'll come around in 20 years! LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    lilwing88:
    PuroFreak:
    badge54fd:
    I'd love to retire to Texas! I hate it here in Chicago sometimes. Especially on a day like today with a foot of snow outside!

Convincing the wife will be hard, though. I'll start planting the seed now. Hopefully she'll come around in 20 years! LOL!
    I'm so tired of the winter and cold that I might just pick Texas. I was stationed there when I was on active duty. I also like Arizona & California. I don't think I will mind much as long as it is warm & I can ride my motorcycle all year round & smoke cigars outside. Let a BOTL know where you guys are planning on being & I will def. check it out for a retirement location.
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Maybe we could start our own planned retirement community. Mandatory cigar enthusiasts only need apply.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am staying in North Florida
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    My plan is to work until I'm sick. Start drinking again. And die passed out in a gutter in Mexico. I'm sort of an all or nothing sort of fella.
  • Options
    Desert Southwest