Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Vacation

Going to spend Chinese New Year with my folks in Hong Kong. Also going to spend a couple of days in Thailand. If everything works out, I will be on a beach puffing on a stogie at least once during the trip. I believe that I have satisfied every outstanding trade/pass. See you guys in a couple of weeks!

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sweet have fun....
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Where are you going in Thailand? I recently went on a 3 week trip there and can give you some pointers on where to go if you want. BRING YOUR OWN CIGARS. Cigars do not exist in thailand for some reason.
  • Options
    Enjoy your time there man! think of us here on the forum while your on the beach some of us have snow falling!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    Where are you going in Thailand? I recently went on a 3 week trip there and can give you some pointers on where to go if you want. BRING YOUR OWN CIGARS. Cigars do not exist in thailand for some reason.
    Going to Hua Hin. My plan is to pick up some special smokes in Hong Kong before I go. Looks like I need to spread the cigar gospel in Thailand
  • Options
    Ok, I drove through there on my way to Krabi. It looked more like Cancun than thailand to me because it was so flat there. Hua Hin is supposed to be pretty damn expensive from what I hear.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Have a great time, Tony.
  • Options
    Are you planning any snorkeling or diving?
  • Options
    Hey Goldy-

Back from Thailand. So the place we stayed at was in Cha-am, which was outside of Hua Hin. I'm glad the hotel was where it was because as you said, Hua Hin was quite touristy and I didn't care much for me. Cha-am is a pretty small beach town the weather was great the 3 days we were there. We didn't do any snorkeling or diving but we were definitely in the water. The water temp was at least 75 degrees.

We rented a car when we landed in Bangkok and ended up getting lost for about 2 hours in the city. I must say, It was quite an experience driving in that city. Anyways, glad to be back home.
  • Options
    That is very brave of you! Its an awesome city, probably the largest city I have ever been in.

The water temp is like bath water and I think I could have stayed in there for days. Did you bring any sticks?
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    have fun watch out for those young ones! LOL
  • Options
    Goldy:
    That is very brave of you! Its an awesome city, probably the largest city I have ever been in.

The water temp is like bath water and I think I could have stayed in there for days. Did you bring any sticks?
    Thanks, I thought I was a bit insane to want to drive there, but it was a learning experience. People have absolutely no regard for traffic laws in Thailand. That being said, they are still very good drivers in the technical sense (those cabbies are insane). I don't care much for Bangkok, though, the city is too dirty and it's too disorganized.

Unfortunately, my itinerary was so packed that I didn't have time to stop at a B&M before Thailand. I did, however, pick up some sticks at the airport duty-free before coming home.
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    have fun watch out for those young ones! LOL
    Haha, that was the joke before and after my trip.