Home Ratings & Reviews

LFD Air bender

2»

Comments

• Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Got mine in when this thread hit the street, but just lit the first one up last night....great cigar. One of the best LFDs ive had next to the Perfecto Habano. I tried the Gurrero 6.25X54. Perfect construction, draw and burn. Was one of those that was perfect from the first puff. Didn't need to warm up. I thought it was a solid medium body with a little bit of sweetness, nice and smooth.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i dont know if it will make the chisel better. the filler is different on the airbender as well. i like the chisel, but i like the chisel maduro better so its been a while since ive had one. tough call there.
    I haven't had the natural but I love the maduro. I've got to get my hands on the air bender. I'm debating on getting a box, as my local shop still doesn't have any.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I just smoked one of these today. Really a very good cigar. Lots of flavor and competing aromas and I would put it in at medium to full but the flavor was great.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I just found out that my local shop just got a couple of boxes of these in today. I will have to go and pick up a few since everyone is saying such good things and Kuzi's local shop was sold out when I was down there last weekend and they were the only other place I could find them.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My local B&M should have 6 boxes on Monday, and 4 left after I leave ;)
    Alex Svenson:
    I just smoked one of these today. Really a very good cigar. Lots of flavor and competing aromas and I would put it in at medium to full but the flavor was great.
    Good deal Alex. I've heard nothing but good things.
    cabinetmaker:
    My local B&M should have 6 boxes on Monday, and 4 left after I leave ;)
    lol
    Just got back from picking up 2 sticks of these. Great looking smokes. Cant wait to fire one up and not a bad price either $8.15 for the robusto.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Nice. I'm working on getting some as well. I've loved everything from LFD and Litto Gomez so far, can't wait to give this guy a try.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had the Air Bender today at lunch. It was a really good medium bodied stick with lots of flavor.
    So far I have yet to try these. I'm getting very anxious. I'm thinking of picking up a box as I can't seem to find the damn things anywhere.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    So far I have yet to try these. I'm getting very anxious. I'm thinking of picking up a box as I can't seem to find the damn things anywhere.
    PM is on its way....
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I picked up one of these monday...the guy at the B&M talked highly as everyone else has. I look forward to trying it. May do it in the next couple days.
    I finally got to smoke one of these tonight. I have to say I was not dissapointed at all. I was worried that all the talk I was hearing about these would make my standard to high but not the case at all. I did run into a few of the burn issues that I saw posted but other than that it was a great smoke. The burn issues in no way turned me off to this cigar. I ran into it at first but it fixed itself within the first inch. It happened a few more times but nothing that I had to touch up it fixed itself each time in under an inch. It is something I think some more time in the humi will cure seeing that I picked these up the day after they came in.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Got a couple Maestros today, smoked one. I enjoyed it, a little different than the standard LFD offerings, I think it handled the larger ring gauge a little better than the DL as far how the flavors came out. I like the price point and think this is a solid cigar, for me I'd put it right up there with anything from the Ligero or Double Ligero lines with the exception of the DL lancero.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey guys, don't know how many of you have heard this, but apparently the Air Bender is getting two sizes added to its lineup, a 7x38 lancero and a 5 1/2x42 corona. Don't know and exact release date, but it's not a terribly long time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Hey guys, don't know how many of you have heard this, but apparently the Air Bender is getting two sizes added to its lineup, a 7x38 lancero and a 5 1/2x42 corona. Don't know and exact release date, but it's not a terribly long time.
    !!!!!!!

SWEEEEET

ive been wishing for smaller ring LFDs for a while now. ill have to buy a box.
    Awright!...That lancero sounds interesting.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    On Kuzis recommendation I grabbed an Airbender at my B&M. Good cigar, and a nice price tag. The Beard and Jeff Jackson went on a LFD mission for me and found me a box of Airbenders and 3 boxes (10 cigars per) of the LFD Double Ligero Maduro Chisel. I wish they were all mine! :) Sandman is taking half of them today when he drops by my place.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    hey all whats up with the airbender? do they sell em on ccom? i've heard good things about this stick, any reviews?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    That does it, as soon as i finish the laundry im going b&m hopping looking for one!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    That does it, as soon as i finish the laundry im going b&m hopping looking for one!

No love, the only place that has em sold out yesterday but he expects more by the end of the month.
    Jetmech_63:
    Jetmech_63:

No love, the only place that has em sold out yesterday but he expects more by the end of the month.
    PM to you sir. I have a few extra if you would like a trade.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    damn i want one of these!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    For anyone interested, just did an interview on ubicigar.com with the northeastern territory sales rep; the new sizes are for sure.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got 2 of these last week. Had one on Friday. The heft of this cigar was nice. Felt solid and really full. However, I did not really like this cigar. Tasted too strong for me. I do have a second one that I am letting rest to see if I change my mind.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I burned thru one of these on the weekend. I thought that it was a very tasty, if somewhat mild bodied cigar. It makes a great first thing in the morning stick with a good cup of coffee.

Great construction, not a lot of complexity, just a whole bunch of tasty flavours. Any LFD is a good stick in my eyes.
    TatuajeVI:
    On Kuzis recommendation I grabbed an Airbender at my B&M. Good cigar, and a nice price tag. The Beard and Jeff Jackson went on a LFD mission for me and found me a box of Airbenders and 3 boxes (10 cigars per) of the LFD Double Ligero Maduro Chisel. I wish they were all mine! :) Sandman is taking half of them today when he drops by my place.
    crap. I should have talked to tim about the chisel maduro. I picked up 3 boxes from another source. I thought they were out since they said sold out. good cigars but I feel they need to sit for a good while. I've had several and the best ones were the ones that I've had in the humi for about a year.