Home General Discussion
Options

My humidor is nearly full!!!

I got my first humidor as a christmas gift from my lady friend this past year, and in about a months time I've stuffed it nearly full. I'm not sure why seeing as how I only smoke once a week or so =P I only just got into cigars about 6 months ago, so I'm still pretty new to this whole deal but I'm digging a deeper hole every day!

Now obviously I need more space, I'm going to set up a coolerdor for mass storage once I head off to college but for the mean time this will have to do!

Heres what I've accumulated thus far -

>Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So far my favorite smokes have been the Nica Libre (theres three more under the little 'shelf'), the CCOM Cuban label, and by far my favorite, the CCOM Brazilian.

And just to let you know, my hygro is 20% off so it says 41% but it's actually hovering at around 62%. I threw in the humi pillow to help it up a little, we've been running the heat and it's really drying things out!

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    You could always donate them to me . . . c'mon, be cool and start sending those Oliva's my way; and maybe that CAO, and that Gurkha, and that Sol Cubano, and that Don Pepin, and maybe that . . .
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I'm having a bit of the same problem been smoking for years just not seriously. My girlfriend thought she was doing something good and bought me a 50 ct humi and sample pack for x-mas this yr. I was off to the races now thats been full for wks , started coolador maxed out today w 70 sticks need to move into bigger coolidore till my humidor i'm trying to build (in between a room remodel) is finished. Those friggin stick are like rabbits if your not careful they will take over your whole house.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Some yummy lookin sticks you've got there!

Always remember the advice from other BOTL that have come before you: buy a much larger humidor/coolidor than you think you're going to need.
  • Options
    I'm going to build a 300 stick humi to hold me till i can buy a 500 stick cab>
  • Options
    20 percent off? I haven't known a digital hygrometer to be that far off. As for the sticks, they look great! Those Oliva's should be in everybody's humidor :)
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    The 20% surprised me at first as well, but it has been correctly salt tested and verified 3 times. Oddly enough, the analog hygro built into the front of the humi is dead accurate based off the digital!
  • Options
    Cooch, hilarious line... Those friggin sticks are like rabbits if your not careful they will take over your whole house.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    20 percent off? I haven't known a digital hygrometer to be that far off. As for the sticks, they look great! Those Oliva's should be in everybody's humidor :)
    A lot of us here on the forums have this same Springfield hydrometer and the same problem with the accuracy. Most have been 10-15% off in either direction. Trust the salt test.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    go with the 300 count
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    cooch36:
    Those friggin stick are like rabbits if your not careful they will take over your whole house.
    I hear that brother! I started collecting in late october last year and now have 3 small humi's and a large coolidor with around 300 sticks between them (and I smoke an average of 1 a day or so). There's still a little room in the cooler, hmmm....

Oh, and I have 2 springfield's that are both way off too.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Really time to consider much more space for storage and aging. I promise you the rabbit population will overpower you by summer.
  • Options
    I fear the rabbit population.....As we all should!
  • Options
    cooch36:
    Those friggin stick are like rabbits if your not careful they will take over your whole house.
    Mine keep reproducing too...and they eat all the green outta my bank account...lilttle devils.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    clearlysuspect:
    Unthought_Known:
    A lot of us here on the forums have this same Springfield hydrometer and the same problem with the accuracy. Most have been 10-15% off in either direction. Trust the salt test.
    Yep, both mine are off 12-15%. I realize I am just whining, but I don't trust them even after I salt tested them several times over the last 6 months. Still the same % off, so I should trust them, but I typically take my good hygrometer and switch it from humidor to humidor, lol.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Unthought_Known:
    If it's so far off, why do so many people have them?
  • Options
    Unthought_Known:
    clearlysuspect:
    Unthought_Known:
    If it's so far off, why do so many people have them?
    Maybe because they sell them at wallyworld, that's where I got mine. I must have got lucky though. I've tested mine several times, and it's dead on. I always get sent an analog when I get a new humi(only reason I have them), and it's unreal how crappy they are. I think the closest I've seen one of those was 18 points off.
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Yup, I got mine at walmart for $7. I don't mind it being that far off, as long as it is consistent and so far it has been!
  • Options
    Well I am definitely a fan of those Olivas - I have some Nica Libre's in my humi as well. Nice stash!

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I don't know probably because they're only 7 bucks haha but if you are looking for something very accurate and easy on the wallet you can get a Caliber III digital hygro on Amazon for like 13 bucks... They are tried and true I've got 3 of them myself
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    PS nice selection you've got there! I've got a few Nica Libre's and the house brand sampler sitting in one of my humis as well... now only if it would stop snowing...