Home General Discussion
Options

A tank ran over my mailbox.......

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
Well maybe not over the mailbox.....but it sure did run over my box from CCOM. Here I sit in Wyoming, my day going pretty good, then I get the call from the wife. "Hunny....did you order something from a cigar place?" Why yes....yes I did! "Well........ there is a problem". "The box is beat up". I ask.....How bad hunny? "mmmmm..... looks like a tank ran over it". Seriously??? Or are you just yankin my chain???. "Nope...... its pretty ugly". Needless to say my day just headed south. Now I know...... $hit happens, and im sure it has happend to everyone a time or 2...... but why couldnt it have been the box my tools came in last week? Why did it have to be my CCOM weekend special of 12 yummy sticks with a couple extras?? Someone make me feel better.........PLEASE!

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Well. If it makes you feel anybetter, I had a large humidor arrive last week that got smashed during shipping. Lucky for me, the company stood behind their product and took care of everything very professionally. Much like ccom will if you contact them. The (hopefully better-looking) replacement humidor arrives tomorrow.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Pics or it didn't happen ;)
  • Options
    xmacro:
    My wife took pics for me and I will be home friday to see the stomped box. I will post a few if its as bad as she say......
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Yeah I agree pics or it didnt happen...always good to have ecidece. Those small digital cameras come in handy.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    You sure it was a box from Ccom and not the pass box?
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Oh Jeez
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    You sure it was a box from Ccom and not the pass box?

The pass looks like it is still in transit.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Oh Jeez
    Looks like its being deliverd today. I already have my wife looking for it when she gets off work.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    What I find ridiculous is that the delivery person leaves the box all battered and never knocks on the door to tell you your box is destroyed.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Don't even get me started with our beloved USPS right now............still pissed off about the last few packages I got.
  • Options
    how about my mailman shoving my box full of new cigars in my mailbox and me trying furiously to get the damn thing. lets just say the box didn't make it out of the mailbox in tact.
  • Options
    I had a box show up under my roof drain and it was raining. I was unhappy but luckily ccom puts cigars in bags so no one was injured.
  • Options
    after reading these stories - I am much more appreciative of the service I HAVE been getting - although thats not saying much. Either way - compared to you folks, its not half bad. I would love to see some pics of the mailbox - and the tank too if you've got em' ;)

• Options
    xmacro:

Welp Hays helped me to figure out how to post pics.......

• Options
    HOLY **** MAN!!!!!! that is horrible! i would go beat the living **** out of the mailman if that happend to me.
  • Options
    Yeah......didn't make my day. But CCOM sent a new order with my first call to them. Got to love great service!
  • Options
    ya definately! ccom is tops.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    firetruckguy:
    xmacro:

They will be missed and mourned; Harvest Selection too - I heard great things about this line

firetruckguy:
    Yeah......didn't make my day. But CCOM sent a new order with my first call to them. Got to love great service!
    That's why we keep coming back :)

• Options
    xmacro:
    firetruckguy:
    xmacro:

They will be missed and mourned; Harvest Selection too - I heard great things about this line

firetruckguy:

i tell you what. Alex Bradley has some of the most awesome labels ever! i mean they just look badass
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    xmacro:
    firetruckguy:
    xmacro:

firetruckguy:

i tell you what. Alex Bradley has some of the most awesome labels ever! i mean they just look badass
    Gurhka's have some bad ass labels also.......
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    firetruckguy:
    xmacro:

Damn! I kind of thought you were exaggerating a bit with the "tank running over" thing, but your right. I would write a letter and include the pictures to your post master. That is ridiculous. Props to Ccom for replacing em for you. It shouldn't come out of their pocket either, as I'm pretty sure it didn't leave the warehouse looking like that.
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    xmacro:
    firetruckguy:
    xmacro:

firetruckguy:

that is very true but sometimes they all look the same! with alec bradley, you can always tell which cigar is which by the band.
  • Options
    Stryker808:
    firetruckguy:
    xmacro:

Damn! I kind of thought you were exaggerating a bit with the "tank running over" thing, but your right. I would write a letter and include the pictures to your post master. That is ridiculous. Props to Ccom for replacing em for you. It shouldn't come out of their pocket either, as I'm pretty sure it didn't leave the warehouse looking like that.

You can see the dirt on the box were someone wedged it under something extreamy heavy.....then pulled the poor thing out from under.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    This deeply saddens me.......
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I can't believe they actually delivered it like that! That there takes some balls :(
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is indeed a sad picture and a not so great endorsement of our Postal Service.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I guess I am lucky, they used to leave the packages on my front porch and I never had a problem. Then they decided it would be a good idea to start putting them on the side porch. The first few only got left overnight out in the wet snow and cold. The next time they put them behind my porch and the box was out there for the entire weekend! I have a new mailcarrier and he is nice but we had a conversation and hopefully the next time I'm not home all of this will be resolved. Luckily the past few packages I got when I was home. Sorry to see and hear about your package getting destroyed firetruck.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    HOLY **** MAN!!!!!! that is horrible! i would go beat the living **** out of the mailman if that happend to me.
    Ditto..... OMG
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    wow man that is awful... hope you have some better luck!