2»

Comments

• Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Current Medal Count

US 7 Gold, 8 Silver and 10 Bronze

Canada 5 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze

Proud of ALL our Athletes.

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves recently is the term "fail" used by the media. Ongoing media coverage reports when athletes "failed" to win a medal. Sometimes it seems that they are more interested in picking apart what they think went wrong instead of praising the athletes for the efforts put in.

IMO, ALL athletes participating in the Olympics SUCCEEDED by making it to an event that most can only dream about.

Just my opinion

• Options
    Dear NBC, enough of the athlete profiles. Can we see more action or highlights, please?!

Julia Mancuso, 3x medalist in these games, in THIS photo. Sweet baby Jesus. (photo probably NSFW)
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    jlzimmerman:
    Dear NBC, enough of the athlete profiles. Can we see more action or highlights, please?!

Julia Mancuso, 3x medalist in these games, in THIS photo. Sweet baby Jesus. (photo probably NSFW)
    I'll buy two of whatever she's selling!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    TheShaun:
    jlzimmerman:

I must Say i have been sitting here reading all these posts and I am cramping from the GUT Busting Laughs, That Shot about the opening Cermony and the Headlight out and the Branch, (forgot to mention the freaking downpour The Great One was riding in) The repeated relightingthe torch and the delay to light the AWESOME outside torch that they Quicky built Fort Knox around so Terrorist couldnt Blow it up! After seeing aall that NO TERRORIST in thier Right mind would go near the debotchery that was unfolding for these olympics. The Commentators SUCK, The city is Beautiful and they are doing the best they can, but it is not an OLYMPIC CLASS Area. Its all good but this thread is Hillarious! Im going to smoke one just for the Thread.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Redtailhawkoz:
    TheShaun:
    jlzimmerman:

I must Say i have been sitting here reading all these posts and I am cramping from the GUT Busting Laughs, That Shot about the opening Cermony and the Headlight out and the Branch, (forgot to mention the freaking downpour The Great One was riding in) The repeated relightingthe torch and the delay to light the AWESOME outside torch that they Quicky built Fort Knox around so Terrorist couldnt Blow it up! After seeing aall that NO TERRORIST in thier Right mind would go near the debotchery that was unfolding for these olympics. The Commentators SUCK, The city is Beautiful and they are doing the best they can, but it is not an OLYMPIC CLASS Area. Its all good but this thread is Hillarious! Im going to smoke one just for the Thread.
    While there have been a lot of things which are not going correctly with these Olympics, it is not like every Olympics don't have problems.

Salt Lake City certainly had problems and so will Rio, in Brazil.

I wish the Olympic's here in Van. were for the summer games, but to say it is not an OLYMPIC CLASS AREA... have you been here or are you taking your information from the media which you already have stated suck? Vancouver and area is some of the most beautiful real estate in the WORLD! What does OLYMPIC CLASS AREA mean?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    TheShaun:
    jlzimmerman:

yeah, that's hot!!!!!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Loving how Canada is leading the way in the only medal count that counts, the GOLD! GO Canada!!!