Home Ratings & Reviews

padilla corojo edicion especial 2006

I just want to know if I got a rare bad one or if they are all like this, I got this in a sampler and I am not happy I sampled........I normally punch my larger gauge cigars, couldn't draw this with a punch, could barely draw it with a cut....after I did get it to draw(halfway through) it still lacked flavor and substance. The Park Avenue I smoked yesterday was a little too mild but still a decent cigar(it was a Graycliff next to this). My recommendation if you want a good cigar at a decent price, get a La Gloria Cubana, Hoyo Excalibur,CAO Black, an unflavored Helix or any Acid cigar(1400cc is my favorite, except the price..) Acid may not be "reasonably" priced,but, I have liked every one I smoked except the "extra ordinary larry", If money was no object, Graycliff 1666 Pirate and Acid 1400cc would be all I smoked........(I would still buy CAO Black Bengals too, they are just THAT GOOD)

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    These are commonly called the Achilles. The maduro version is called the obsidian. They are notorious for burn issues. The Obsidian is especially bad.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you can get your hands on some of the original Achilles from '06 made by Don Pepin, it is a completely different smoking experience. Razor sharp burn, perfect draw, great flavor too.