Home General Discussion
Options

Rocky 1961's....

Anyone know if ccom has these? I know a while back you could get them either through the best of 09 sampler, or by calling. Wondering if they still have them. Also waiting on the Patel Bros, anyone have one of these yet? I have one sitting in my humi I bought at a rocky event a while back, havent touched it yet. I wanna wait till i know i can get more before i try it... would suck to love it, and not be able to get more :)

Comments

• Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    I've had 3 of these resting in my humi since they first showed up on ccom... They look/smell great, and I've always had good luck on the construction of an RP... looking forward to hearing more on them
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    the 1961 is probably in my top 3 right now. Ive got one more left!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had the 61 and the Patel Bros. I have to say I enjoyed the Patel Bros alot more. The 1961 was quite spicy.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    I've had the 61 and the Patel Bros. I have to say I enjoyed the Patel Bros alot more. The 1961 was quite spicy.
    For once I agree with Krieg on something Rocky Patel. The 1961 was ok to me, I feel the same about it as I do about a lot of RP blends. The Patel Bros, on the other hand, really impressed me and left me wanting more, it's a very tasty blend....might be personal preference here, but I'd recommend the robusto over the torpedo.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    For once I agree with Krieg on something Rocky Patel. The 1961 was ok to me, I feel the same about it as I do about a lot of RP blends. The Patel Bros, on the other hand, really impressed me and left me wanting more, it's a very tasty blend....might be personal preference here, but I'd recommend the robusto over the torpedo.
    the Patel Bros I have resting is the Torpedo. Is it stronger than the 61?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    I knew one of these days we'd have some common ground

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    NYHCx516x:
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    I haven't had the torpedo yet, only the robusto. I liked them so much, I might buy a box.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    NYHCx516x:
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    I would say yes...some people have said the '61 is strong, I didn't really see that myself, I though it was a touch above medium. The Patel Bros is a stronger blend than the '61, especially the robusto, the first puff I took off my first Patel Bros robusto was an intense shot of pepper and spice, it mellowed out a bit but maintained a strong flavor profile and a medium-full body.
  • Options
    Krieg:
    NYHCx516x:
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    I haven't had the torpedo yet, only the robusto. I liked them so much, I might buy a box.
    If you buy that box, let me know if you'd be interested in a split.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    NYHCx516x:
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    will do, my local B&M will be having a rocky event in march, he's gonna be there. So hopefully they will have a sale...if so I might pick up a box.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Yes we have these but are not allowed to put them online per the manufacturer. We have the tendency to want to offer the best price and in many instances, the manufacturer does not like that. So we have them and will make you a great deal, especially on a 5 pack. All you have to do is call. We stock all sizes in singles and boxes.
  • Options
    Krieg:
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    NYHCx516x:
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    will do, my local B&M will be having a rocky event in march, he's gonna be there. So hopefully they will have a sale...if so I might pick up a box.
    Check your inbox.
  • Options
    I agree with Krieg as well. The 1961 was medium bodied, not bad, but not great. The PB was up there with the Decade as one of RP's best. I will be at the RP event March 5th in Atlanta as well.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    NYHCx516x:
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    Check your inbox.
    PM back at ya

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Patel Brothers Kicks ass. Another smoke by AJ Fernandez. Ohhhh I left that off the AJ list. Time to go update the post.