Home General Discussion
Options

Tampa??

Got to love the USPS. My cigars I ordered last week went on vacation. They went from PA...to Tampa??? Normally they go from PA to MO. But Tampa...That was the last scan before their departure. Maybe next is Truth or Consequences, NM? =)
Just had to poke some fun. I'm not complaining really, I've had most excellent service from cigar.com which I am quite thankful for. They nor I can help that the USPS folks no spekka or redda de ingrish :)

Comments

• Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    not to offend ccom but ups deliveries were way better and more reliable the the usps diliveries i've been getting as of late. please switch back. why does it come one ups some times and usps some?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm glad they switched - USPS is cheaper than UPS, and it really isn't that much faster (if anything, USPS is faster for me). That said, I've never had a mix-up before.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    cooch36:
    not to offend ccom but ups deliveries were way better and more reliable the the usps diliveries i've been getting as of late. please switch back. why does it come one ups some times and usps some?
    Honestly I get my USPS deliveries on average 2 to 4 days sooner than through UPS. I just figured I would poke a little fun with this one
  • Options
    my orders are taking twice as long to arrive it's driving my girlfriend crazy watching me check the door every half hour for five days in a row now!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    cooch36:
    my orders are taking twice as long to arrive it's driving my girlfriend crazy watching me check the door every half hour for five days in a row now!
    They have tracking numbers, you know >_>
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'll tell ya, I've been dealing with both UPS and USPS for a lotta years and I can tell you from experience that if there is a way to f**k up a delivery, the US Postal Service will find it. There was a period of time when I had to ship payroll checks to outlying branches and I was forced to use UPS because the Postal goof-offs couldn't seem to get it right. And a labor union will eat you up if you don't get the payroll checks to their people on time. Capisce?

UPS got it right every time. End of sermon.

Marty

• Options
    I get USPS at least 3 to 4 days sooner than UPS in California.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    cooch36:
    They have tracking numbers, you know >_>
    I know a little ocd and the usps website didnt even show one of my packages in my state the day it was delivered.
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    USPS has been around for 230+ years, they are bankrupt, and continuously have shipping issues. You would think after centuries in the industry they would have been able to figure it out. What do you expect from a govt. agency? That being said, its about half the price and gets here 3 days later than UPS, PA to Guam. i shouldn't really complain.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    UPS is faster to Florida than USPS