Home General Discussion
Options

Locked and Loaded

Well, not loaded, but certainly locked.  Translation: I just received my first large order from ccom today (birthday was last week, so I went for it).  Still have to wait a while to load them into my new humi - seasoning for another 5 days at least, but in the meantime...wow.  What a spread. 

Hard part will be to decide what to smoke tonight.  But I guess I should get used to that.  :)

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Congratulations to the new father.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    congrats and happy birthday bud.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    what was in said large order?

wanna ship me a few?

HA!
  • Options
    dan7876dan7876 Posts: 47

Well let's see (since you asked, kuzi) ...

- 5 Vegas sampler (Classic, Gold, Series A, Miami & Limitada)

- Gurkha sampler (Regent, Titan, Beast, Legend & Black Puro)

- Sol Cubano sampler (Connecticut, Sumatra, Maduro & Cuban Cabinet)

- Don Pepin Garcia sampler (Garcia, Cuban Classic & Series JJ)

- handful of H. Upmann No 100 Robustos

- couple Nubs (Torpedo Cameroon, Torpedo Habano)

- couple Oliva Serie O (Robusto & Perfecto)

- Fuente Hemingway (Short Story)

Probably seems like a "cute" collection to some of y'all, but to me it looks like an endless pile of fun on the kitchen table right now.   I haven't tried many of these, only ones I've had before are the Gurkha Titan (which I really enjoyed), the Upmanns (kinda been my regular smoke lately), and the Hemingway.  I'd be curious what you guys would pick out of those for this evening's smoke.  So you can see I've got a bit of a difficult decision to make.

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    It's Friday night... unleash the Beast! That, or the DPG Cuban Classic

Great selection, BTW.. I'm envious!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dan7876:

Well let's see (since you asked, kuzi) ...

- 5 Vegas sampler (Classic, Gold, Series A, Miami & Limitada)

- Gurkha sampler (Regent, Titan, Beast, Legend & Black Puro)

- Sol Cubano sampler (Connecticut, Sumatra, Maduro & Cuban Cabinet)

- Don Pepin Garcia sampler (Garcia, Cuban Classic & Series JJ)

- handful of H. Upmann No 100 Robustos

- couple Nubs (Torpedo Cameroon, Torpedo Habano)

- couple Oliva Serie O (Robusto & Perfecto)

- Fuente Hemingway (Short Story)

Probably seems like a "cute" collection to some of y'all, but to me it looks like an endless pile of fun on the kitchen table right now.   I haven't tried many of these, only ones I've had before are the Gurkha Titan (which I really enjoyed), the Upmanns (kinda been my regular smoke lately), and the Hemingway.  I'd be curious what you guys would pick out of those for this evening's smoke.  So you can see I've got a bit of a difficult decision to make.

That Sol Cubano Sumatra is a top 5 smoke of mine. I love it. Hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    WOW Dan thats a nice spread and selection....Happy Birthday and enjoy....
  • Options
    25 different options in one shipment isnt cute. I dont usually buy that many at a time myself.
  • Options

kuzi16:
    25 different options in one shipment isnt cute. I dont usually buy that many at a time myself.

Ha, didn't mean to imply it wasn't a nice order, kuzi.  :)  Just meant that I've got no collection beyond what I just ordered (excluding a couple Upmanns in a Zippidor).  From what I've read here it sounds like many of you are likely to have hundreds of sticks, just comparing my initial b-day purchase to that, that's all.  This will definitely set me up for a while.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The Sol Cubano is always a favorite of mine, and the 5 Vegas Classic is right there on my to do list ! Happy belated Birthday, and enjoy the fine smokes
  • Options
    iduno about hundredS (at least at the moment) but thats still a good haul. if i had to guess how many sticks i had on hand right now id go with 150ish.
    100ct 25ct 150ct it may seem that its total room for 250 or so but in reality i get much less than that with the size of the cigars i like and the beads and coffin boxes and hygrometers and whatnot thats in there also. i probably top out at 200. but thats ok. its how i regulate how much i spend.

Right now im smoking down the humidor so i CAN make a purchase simaler to the one you just did.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    DPG Cuban Classic would be my choice
  • Options

The results are in - went with the DPG Cuban Classic last night (only one with 2 votes, decided to be democratic about it).  Really enjoyed it, though it was a bit milder than I expected (but having never tried one before, what the hell do I know).  Smooth flavor, open draw, lots of smoke...overall a beauty of a smoke.  Have a great weekend!