Home Non Cigar Related

Positive Thoughts.

I dont usually solicit for stuff like this... but...
Im on the edge of my seat here at work today. A friend of mine, 21 year old girl, is having a 16 hour, major surgery today. She has osteosarcoma. They are amputating her leg, and part of the bottom of her spine. Of course, this will be life changing event for her, we we can hope for the best

I do truly believe in the power of positive thought, so, and Good vibes or prayers to Casey In Wisconsin would be nice.

Thanks all.

Edited to add... F*%K you cancer! (Casey's fav saying lately).

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    All my best is with your friend, her family, and all her friends including yourself NYH. I get a rap on here alot for being a jack@ss, which is my fault-----but I try to be a decent guy most of the time and have big troubles in my family with health as well (father has lung cancner). Being positive goes a lonnnnng way man, as Im sure you know already. My good vibes are with you all, and any prayer this one time Catholic might still have in his system is with you too.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    My positive thoughts and prayers are with Casey today.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    That's some tough stuff man. Casey and her family and friends have my thoughts and good wishes.

And vulchor, I don't think you're a jack@ss. I think you're different. If we were all the same chud in the water, we'd be a boring bowl of ****. We need variety here. We are a unique blend of peeps, some are spicier than others, some are more mild, and some burn hotter than the rest. But we are still all brothers and sisters of the same leaf. It's all good.

Lifes a ho 4 sho and she gots herpies.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Prayers are with her and your family as well.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    All my best is with your friend, her family, and all her friends including yourself NYH. I get a rap on here alot for being a jack@ss, which is my fault-----but I try to be a decent guy most of the time and have big troubles in my family with health as well (father has lung cancner). Being positive goes a lonnnnng way man, as Im sure you know already. My good vibes are with you all, and any prayer this one time Catholic might still have in his system is with you too.
    I'm a recovering Catholic myself. I don't think you are a jack@sss either, we all have different life experiences that shape us. I was an athiest for a long time until one of those life experiences changed me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and her and the family.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Love the term recovering catholic by the way ;)
    Im just your typical non practicing jew
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I agree with Vulchor, positive thoughts do go a long way. I'll be thinking good thoughts. Good luck Casey!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I wish Casey all the best and I too believe in the power of positivity, I'll be thinking about her and I hope everything goes well
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Positive thoughts coming from Pittsburgh to Wisconsin...I work in a children's hospital and see this kind of stuff with osteosarcoma all the time...my sentiments on cancer are the same as Casey's.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    prayers for Casey.
    Update, just shy of halfway through surgery, she is doing well. From what I understand, there are probably 7 or more surgeons that will be doing working on her.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you as well. I hope all goes well. Remember you have a great group of friends that are always here for you for support.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Man that's rough. Our thoughts our definately with Casey and her family and for you as well NYHCx51.

Also a thought or two for the surgeons and nurses who are working on Casey today. These people are amazing !
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Atta girl, Casey. I like your spirit. F*$k you, cancer, indeed.
    laker1963:
    Man that's rough. Our thoughts our definately with Casey and her family and for you as well NYHCx51.

Also a thought or two for the surgeons and nurses who are working on Casey today. These people are amazing !
    Update.
    She pulled through as best as you can from a surgery like that. Very few complications. Shes still intubated, and out for probably the rest of today. They werent able to save body functions they were hoping to (bowel and bladder), but... shes alive.... and cancer free.

And you are right... Her docs are amazing!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    HOLLY COW! I hope she recovers from this. I know I would have a hard time with this. Is she bound to a wheel chair now? Or will she be able to get a prosthetic down the road and walk on her own?
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    She has my most positive thoughts and prayers in recovery.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I don't even know what to say.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Good luck to you Casey! Wishing you well in your recovery and rehabilitation!