Home General Discussion

I need to slow my roll......

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
I've been getting a little ahead of myself lately, with my hobby. I have too many sticks and no where to put 'em and not enough time to smoke 'em (no, I will not send some your way! LOL!). I just need to NOT worry about DD's or any other offers for a while. But it's hard. It's become an obsession. I just got ANOTHER shipment today! Somebody stop me!!!

Can someone give me a virtual slap in the face and snap me out of this madness!?!?!?!?!?
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    . . . . why not just look at your checking account and add up how much you've been spending. Always sobers me up
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I've been getting a little ahead of myself lately, with my hobby. I have too many sticks and no where to put 'em and not enough time to smoke 'em (no, I will not send some your way! LOL!). I just need to NOT worry about DD's or any other offers for a while. But it's hard. It's become an obsession. I just got ANOTHER shipment today! Somebody stop me!!!

Can someone give me a virtual slap in the face and snap me out of this madness!?!?!?!?!?
    Well you can ask KingJk.... I'm big and ugly, and if you don't stop buying cigars I will come to your house, tie your wrists to your ankles backwards, and proceed to slap you with each and every one of your cigars before I light em and chain-smoke em.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    LOL all this talk makes me want to go smoke one out on my patio! I think I will!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507

Hays:
    lilwing88:

Well you can ask KingJk.... I'm big and ugly, and if you don't stop buying cigars I will come to your house, tie your wrists to your ankles backwards, and proceed to slap you with each and every one of your cigars before I light em and chain-smoke em.

lmao hays take it to em! i would virtually slap you lilwing but im working on becoming a more peaceful person haha.. I have the same problem man I just started getting into the hobby seriously and now I have 150+ sticks in 3 different humis and a tupperdor! the DD's and samplers are soo tempting!!!

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    lilwing88:

Now THAT scared me straight!!!! LOL!!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I spent over a thousand dollars last week on cigars. I'm not the one to give a "slap in the face" ... Nor would I want one at this time, lol... My problem is if I run outta space, I just build a bigger humidor, hehe.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    lilwing88:

Don't be so anxious to buy every Daily Deal that looks awesome. If you stick around long enough, you'll find out that every Daily Deal eventually comes back around.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    clearlysuspect:
    lilwing88:

Don't be so anxious to buy every Daily Deal that looks awesome. If you stick around long enough, you'll find out that every Daily Deal eventually comes back around.
    Good advice, that. There are exceptions, of course, like if a cigar gets discontinued, but those situations are rare.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, I know what you mean, I was spending a lot of money on smokes for a while, and I still spend $50-$100 at a time, but now it's on more "super-premium" and rare cigars rather than bulk deals. This week I've picked up the Tatuaje red and black Tubos, along with a couple Opus X and an Anejo. These have gone into my aging humidor for a while. The Opus I'm saving for when a buddy of mine from west TX, who is pretty new to the hobby, comes down to visit. He has heard all the praise of the Opus and wants to try one, but can't find them in Lubbock. Soooo I slipped on down to my local B&M, which I know I brag about a lot, but I moved to Dallas about 2 years ago from the Piney Woods of east TX where there aren't ANY cigar shops. Try just picking up some more rare and hard to find stuff on occasion and come spring and summer, you will be stocked up with some awesome smokes in the humi.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I spent over a thousand dollars last week on cigars. I'm not the one to give a "slap in the face" ... Nor would I want one at this time, lol... My problem is if I run outta space, I just build a bigger humidor, hehe.
    Whatch'a get? I have to add to this, I ran out of space and just picked up more huge plastic tubs. My wife and I are getting ready to move (just waiting to find a place) and I can finally get my cabinet up and running. It is amazing how much and how many one can get from this hobby. My wife and I have clashed over my hobby but thankfully most of the expensive stuff is already bought.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:

I feel your pain. I'm kinda doing the same thing as Puro. Except I have NO B&M's around. (Well I do but I refuse to pay 30% tobacco tax on top of 6.25% sales tax).
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Hey Cabbie, If you ever want to get rid of one of your small tiny 2000 count humidors, I would be totally interested. If not, I would love to know where you get all your supplies, I would love to build one as well.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    cabinetmaker:
    Whatch'a get? I have to add to this, I ran out of space and just picked up more huge plastic tubs. My wife and I are getting ready to move (just waiting to find a place) and I can finally get my cabinet up and running. It is amazing how much and how many one can get from this hobby. My wife and I have clashed over my hobby but thankfully most of the expensive stuff is already bought.
    3 boxes of DPG blues(2 delicios, one invicta), 2 boxes of Camachos (one box of SLR maduros, one box of Corojos), one box of 10 Oliva Serie V Maduros, one box of Casa Magna Belicosos, 3 Padron 1926's (#1's), 11 Ashton ESG Robustos, and several other loose singles.... I'm about to buy a box of Casa Magna Robustos I've been eyeing...

Luckily, my wife-to-be (May 1 :-) ) is very understanding, and since I pay all thge bills we have a "don't ask/don't tell" policy... She does not ask how much, and I don't tell, lol..
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    phobicsquirrel:
    cabinetmaker:
    3 boxes of DPG blues(2 delicios, one invicta), 2 boxes of Camachos (one box of SLR maduros, one box of Corojos), one box of 10 Oliva Serie V Maduros, one box of Casa Magna Belicosos, 3 Padron 1926's (#1's), 11 Ashton ESG Robustos, and several other loose singles.... I'm about to buy a box of Casa Magna Robustos I've been eyeing...

Luckily, my wife-to-be (May 1 :-) ) is very understanding, and since I pay all thge bills we have a "don't ask/don't tell" policy... She does not ask how much, and I don't tell, lol..
    ... Hey cabbie, that should last you 'till next Friday. Damm that is some serious smokin' ahead of you.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    All you folks with CAD (Cigar Aquisition Disorder) Feel free to send me any overflow/samples/something you no longer like or just something I may like! I have plenty of room. HA! Im not just kidding! I look at the DD every day and have to resist resist.