Home General Discussion

everyday cigars.

DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
i was wondering what everyone has as their everyday cigar thats priced well and a good smoke.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    i was wondering what everyone has as their everyday cigar thats priced well and a good smoke.
    The three cigars that I always buy in box lots and must have on hand at all times are ... 5 Vegas Classic, ( Torpedo or Robusto ) Bauza by Fuentes Robusto, and Rocky Patel 1992 Robusto. and now I must add one more Gran Habano 3 Singlos. Robusto of course. There are tons more but these are just a few.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i usually purchase in samplers but i find myself buying the punch gran puro sancho panza double maduro and the gurkha regent most often. THe gurkha is a bit (a lot) more expensive but i feel its worth it.
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    A few that are excellent and a great value are the Oliva O and Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte. Another couple that are less well known that I enjoy are the Nestor Reserve Maduro and Puros Indios Reserva Maxima 2003;
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'll second and third the Oliva O and the SP Extra Fuerte. Also, I think the Oliva Serie G cameroon would make an excellent everyday smoke.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    The Oliva G is great for a daily smoke, tasty and cheap, I just bought a box of those. A basic Padron is another good one.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Add me to the Oliva supporters. The G is great (I usually get the Churchill), and so is the O perfecto. The Special S is great, too, but a little pricey for an everyday smoke.

The Graycliff Legend would be a terrific everyday smoke if they were more readily available. A man could probably find a few cigars in the Cusano line that would be great everyday'ers, too.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    cool thanks guys also how about the ccmon cigars good? ok? bad? just worth 2 bucks? satan on a stick?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    cool thanks guys also how about the ccmon cigars good? ok? bad? just worth 2 bucks? satan on a stick?
    The cameroon and brazilian are pretty good. Definitely worth their asking price.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Wow I can't believe how many Oliva replys there were, I have had a few and they never really blew me away. Maybe I need to revisit the line. In fact I do have a few an O and a G. Sounds like a weekend plan.
    kuzi16:
    i usually purchase in samplers but i find myself buying the punch gran puro sancho panza double maduro and the gurkha regent most often. THe gurkha is a bit (a lot) more expensive but i feel its worth it.
    is the gurhka titan 5 for 29.99 gone?
    I think so, Dias.
    kaspera79:
    Wow I can't believe how many Oliva replys there were, I have had a few and they never really blew me away. Maybe I need to revisit the line. In fact I do have a few an O and a G. Sounds like a weekend plan.
    I thought the O and G were very good. I've only had one Special S, but it was in Hemingway territory, IMHO. I'll be giving the V another try once these lanceros j0z3r sent me have had time to rest.
    boo i really wanted to try one of those yeah im gonna order the sampler of one of those .
    I happen to have a few, if you want to work a trade.
    what are you looking for?
    I dunno. I listed a bunch in the Make A Wish thread before hitting on one that somebody had. Any of those. Or, you know, surprise me.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I almost bought me a couple Oliva Serie G the other day but after buying the Hemingway, a couple Nub Camaroons, and a few Tatuaje Havannas I decides I would wait... Might have to make a trip back to the shop this week... But to the question at hand my everyday smokes would be the Onyx Reserve because it's a great cigar and the price is GREAT on them, I also really enjoy the CAO Criollo fairly often. If the Rocky Patel 92 was cheaper it would be an everyday smoke for sure.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    sdip:
    A few that are excellent and a great value are the Oliva O and Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte. Another couple that are less well known that I enjoy are the Nestor Reserve Maduro and Puros Indios Reserva Maxima 2003;

How is the Nestor reserve? This one looks tasty but and I was wondering about buying a box?
    It is tasty, Lassy. And hard to beat for the price.