Home General Discussion
Options

Padron and Nica Libre comparison

When Cigar.com billed the Nica Libre as an alternative to the Padron Anniversary maduro, I just had to see this for myself. If interested you can read my findings here: http://empiricalcigar.com/padron-killer/ Woops, this should have been in the Ratings and Reviews section.

Comments

• Options
    Well done. That's a great read. I like both cigars a lot, but to me they don't really taste the same. I can definitely tell the difference. For the price though, Nica Libre is fantastic.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    This was a really good read. The Nica Libre stands as my favorite smoke, and I lit one up while reading this, lol. Great job on the article.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Nica Libre is a great everyday smoke, but to me it didn't even compare to a Padron.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    Nica Libre is a great everyday smoke, but to me it didn't even compare to a Padron.
    +1. I think the Nica Libre is a great smoke, I recently bought another box of them. But the Padron '64 is a phenominal cigar! It is in my top three actualy. I did enjoy your comparison though, very well done.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    Krieg:
    +1. I think the Nica Libre is a great smoke, I recently bought another box of them. But the Padron '64 is a phenominal cigar! It is in my top three actualy. I did enjoy your comparison though, very well done.
    I found the nica rather flat. I enjoy the 64 maduro much more. The 80th maduro even more.